New guy here

Hey there!! My name is Greg I'm 51yo and my life has been a hell of a ride..... and not for the good. Health Wise physically or mentally/emotionally speaking. I've made many changes over the years and am now living my best life and want to continue on that path. I've had 1 heart attack with 2 stents put into my heart at the age of 43 and had gastric bypass surgery December 13th 2022. My highest weight was 400lbs and my post-op weight was around 350lbs. I was able to get down to my current weight of 225lbs and that's where my body seems to want to stay. I feel much healthier. I'm no longer a diabetic. I no longer fight sleep apnea. For me surgery was the best choice, but it's going to take me a lot to keep myself on the road to health. I'm a dad to a 31yo daughter, 11yo daughter, grandfather to a 13yo grandson and 10yo granddaughter. It took me many, many years to finally get to where I am and I want to stay here and live a longer healthier life watching my kids and grandkids grow. I'm an open book so Please feel free to ask any questions.

Replies

• NYCeconomist
    NYCeconomist Posts: 2 Member
    If we are on this board then we realize a few things. Our habits, body, and environment will make maintaining weight an act of vigilance and pleasure and pride. Discipline alone won't do it.

What mind set and habit got you from 350 to 225.

I'm a successful economist , 66, with 33 year old son, 2 year old grandson and 34 year old step daughter and a great spouse. I love to eat after work. I gained percent of my weight in the last 3 years. I'm here to lose 10 lbs while on my 6 week book tour .