McDonald's...give me some compelling reasons to resist!

Options
VeganInTraining
VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
One of the guys at work brought McDonalds for lunch. I have room in my calories for the day to eat at McDonald's for dinner and be fine but i'm interested to see why YOU think I should resist. I know "oh there's so much sodium." blah blah blah blah but give me some serious compelling reasons (or just fun interesting ones.)

I'm not saying that eating fast food from time to time is evil, i'm just interested to see what you all have to say.

Knowing what I have eaten for the last week, i would tell myself, "Emily you hardly eat fast food so if you ocassionaly have it no biggy BUT while you were in CA you ate more than enough junk for the month so wait it out!" Not super interesting but definitely compelling.

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    It smells gross.

It tastes gross.

What other reasons do you need?
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Well... for me... most things from McDonald's make me ridiculously ill. I get a horrible stomach ache.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    It doesn't even taste that good. You think you want it, you eat it quickly, and it isn't satisying. You would probably have more fun with a Snicker's bar and get more nut-ritionally from it.
  • New_Hope
    Options
    I always feel like crap after I eat junk food / fast food. Not necessarily emotionally, but physically. After doing my best to eat healthy, nourishing things fast food just really seems to take it out of me.
  • melissabarney
    Options
    I just think of what it is like to exercise after. I feel bloated and all crappy after - and regret it. I have not had fast food stuff in 6 mos. and have done good. once you get a taste for it - it will unleash other cravings in you. So its better to steer clear vs. giving in and giving room for more temptation. :)

I have learned this from just having some of my kids ice cream or whatever. I feel better #1 (physically) but also it makes for working out to be 100x easier vs. getting on the treadmill hating it the whole time :)
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    One of the main reasons I hardly ever eat McD's anymore (and if I do it's just yogurt) is that if you look at some of the ingredients in them... Yuck. Not to mention the sodium count. To me it's simply not worth it; even if I do have the calories available for it. and just let me say, I miss my mini Big Mac's on occasion.
  • luvgreen25
    Options
    I don't want to spend the rest of the day running to the bathroom!
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Because you will feel lousy afterwards. I find Mickey D's makes me feel sluggish, queasy and just not pleasant!
  • davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Supporting McDonalds is supporting a food system that promotes food that is of a lower quality in the interest of driving down prices to sell dollar hamburgers.

McDonalds is such a big purchaser of food products that the overall quality of foods has decreased and shown up at the grocery store because the same meat that McDonalds wants can be packaged and placed in the meat section at your store.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie-the other day a guy at work brought his leftover McDonald's up to post for me to have. It was cold but I honestly didn't care-I ate it anyway (it was about half the amount of fries that would have been in a small/child size container of fries and 4 chicken nuggets)...and I forgot to log it in, oops.

I know I already said why not to on your post on your homepage, but really, if you want it and can handle it then go for it.
  • jessica_mom343
    jessica_mom343 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I can't give you one...I'm eating there for lunch! I don't limit myself from eating anywhere. I just make better choice. No fries, no soft drinks or desserts, ect.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Look at the quote below this post - the one in a big box? Yeah, that's why you should resist. Is it going to get you closer to being healthy or put you further away? It's not worth it.
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've got nothing. I love McDonald's. I don't eat it often, but if I really want it I have it.
    I'm able to maintain a healthy weight and still give in to cravings occasionally.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    When you eat McDonalds you are basically eating this....

06_12_04_fat2.jpg

YES THAT IS A POUND OF FAT.

Even comes in drink form..

b01ce049892421ad8869204bf813c638.jpg
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    The burger looks and tastes like cardboard... Burger king on the other hand....:) if you wanna eat it eat it, it's your calories!
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I watched this video...that's my reason for not eating McDonalds. French fries should not last that long!

http://youtu.be/j-ljW5YEdao
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Ammonia gas infused pink slime "meat product" additive? I was already off of fast food, but after reading about "pink slime" I don't think I'll ever be eating another fast food burger again. If I have no other choice I'll pick something that I know is made with real chicken. Ick. Google away.
  • tammyll3
    Options
    Check out the movie...Super Size Me.
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My advice is this... Eat it and then see how you feel, if you are like I was after I had stopped eating it, it made me feel really queezy to my stomach, and the pronounced grease residue on my lips from the french fries was enough for me to say, That's ok, I'll pass....

Good luck, and let us know how it goes:wink:
  • TamJohn2011
    TamJohn2011 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    There's better tasting fast food out there! I LOVE their fries if they're hot but otherwise its not worth the calories.