McDonald's...give me some compelling reasons to resist!

Options

Replies

• heybrit
    heybrit Posts: 140
    Options
    Go watch "Super Size Me" and you'll have all the reasons you need.

Their food is plain terrible for your body. (Think of your body like a car. Would you but the equivalent of sludge into your gas tank just because there's room in the tank for it? I surely hope not.) Their food has so many preservatives, it takes MONTHS to deterioriate. Their fries are made with beef stock, gross! Ridiculous amountso f sodium as you said. NO NUTRITIONAL VALUE. You feel depressed and sluggish after eating them because of all the afore mentioned reasons.

Can you tell us WHY you would want to eat them? Legit reasons like you asked us for, not just, "they taste good lol".
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    because now that you are eating healthier, the moment you eat it within probably an hourish it will be coming back out... just sayin.. and you all know its true
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You're better off making your own burgers. Who knows what they put in that stuff! I know there's ammonia in the ground beef, but who knows what else. Yuck.
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    When you eat McDonalds you are basically eating this....

06_12_04_fat2.jpg

YES THAT IS A POUND OF FAT.

Even comes in drink form..

b01ce049892421ad8869204bf813c638.jpg

Yeah, well that will just about put me off eating anything....eeeeewwwww
  • Ladybuzz
    Options
    Google 4 year old happy meal - that will put you off!
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    As a preeservative in thier chicken nuggets, trace amounts of butane are found. The FDA approves of it as well. The butane stops them from getting frost bit in transit. YUK!!!!!! YUK!!!
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I hate McDonald's. Everyime I eat there I never feel full. It's a waste, I'd rather eat something worth it that will make sure I'm not hungry 20 mins later.lol
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    One of the guys at work brought McDonalds for lunch. I have room in my calories for the day to eat at McDonald's for dinner and be fine but i'm interested to see why YOU think I should resist. I know "oh there's so much sodium." blah blah blah blah but give me some serious compelling reasons (or just fun interesting ones.)

I'm not saying that eating fast food from time to time is evil, i'm just interested to see what you all have to say.

Knowing what I have eaten for the last week, i would tell myself, "Emily you hardly eat fast food so if you ocassionaly have it no biggy BUT while you were in CA you ate more than enough junk for the month so wait it out!" Not super interesting but definitely compelling.

I had a similar problem today, I'll tell you what I did and why.

A coworker gave me a coupon for a free bagel with cream cheese from Brueggers. I love those. And I worked out so I could even have it if I wanted to.

I threw the coupon away. To prove to myself that I could. That the food didn't have control over me. That I could make healthy decisions even in the face of temptation.

That feeling was better than the feeling of eating a bagel loaded with fatty cream cheese.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You'll probably feel like garbage if you do eat it... all the sodium and fatty grease... and then you'll just want to lay on the couch all night :P
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    There food isn't grown naturally. The chicken in the nuggets are made from chickens that are raised in 48 days. Its full of growth hormones. If not disgusted i'd be scared of what eating that could do to my body.
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    It's gross, low quality food. I have absolutely no problem resisting fast food because it makes me sick to watch other people eat it, honestly. People think they are holding a sack of gold when the bring their fast food lunch in. I cannot fathom why people always say "jealous" when people bring that crap in. Look at the "nutritional" value of anything on any menu and give yourself a million reasons to say no. And, remember that the nutritional values are off too
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I say this to everyone (i havent had fast food in over 90 days but) something I noticed being around others that eat it.

Go to any other fast food place- Burger King, Carls, Jack n Box, wherever your from grab the plain "cheeseburger" and order a plain cheeseburger from McDonalds.

Clear your sinuses, you will need them later...

Now open up the other cheeseburger smell it, take note of the smell of the cheese and the meat and bun.

Do the same thing with the Mcdonalds cheeseburger.... Now do you notice the difference ?

There is a distinct difference maybe its the soy bi-product or what but there is a distinct difference in the smell of a McDonalds cheeseburger and any other small cheeseburger from any where else. The smell is like old socks... like something that has been sitting there for a while...

I have also done the mold test on one... No mold for 30 days left outside opened... meanwhile the BK, and Wendys burgers got mold within the second day of being exposed. Sure it got stale and hard but no mold...

Now after all this do you still want to eat at a place that serves fold incapable of mold production and stinks like rotten shoes ?

I dont !
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Did you ever watch Supersize Me? It apparently doesn't take much more than 1 meal at a place like McDonalds to experiece withdrawal effects when you stop eating it.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Watch "Supersize Me". That documentary completely turned me off McDonald's and similar chains!
  • beerwidow
    beerwidow Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just watch Food, Inc.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Yummy, fake beef!

Did you know the chicken nuggets are pink before their cooked? tasty!

Or that they have over 25 ingredients in them?

I mean you seriously need to be talked out of eating McDonalds? You would have to talk me into it. Not out of it.
  • NanJK
    Options
    Because it tastes horrible, and you will feel the same after you eat it! And your heart n brain will thank u!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    read in the most recent Eat This Not That: in order to make fast food hamburger palatable and digestable for humans (it is dog-food grade), they treat it with AMONIA. otherwise they could NEVER kill the e. coli and other nasty bugs on it. at the end, you get a burger made from approxemately 7 cows from all over the world.
  • kmccoleman
    Options
    Just watch Supersize Me by Spurlock. A seemingly healthy guy turned into a mess healthwise in 30 days time.

Not to mention the fact that my 11 year old son won't even eat McDonald's..and he's in their demographic LOL!