JFT - Sunday Mar 3
    1.5L of water - 🙂
    Log all food - 🙂
    Move 20 Minutes - 🙂

JFT - Monday Mar 4
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Move 20 Minutes

@littleblackskirt - I’ve been on a decluttering binge too. I have the bedroom left to do.
    Do you still keep your grandson some days?

@itladyee - do you do video games? I’ve been trying to cut down my screen time, it’s hard to do sometimes.

@pridesabtch - it’s hard to eat out and lose weight, I have started cooking more often for financial and health reasons.

I finished the research paper and my PowerPoint for my presentation today. I just have to familiarize and time myself tomorrow to make sure I’m within my time limit.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's replies on breakfast!

I used to never eat breakfast and now I can't go without it! But I think that's because of the two mile walk in the mornings for school. I don't have time to eat anything before the school run, if I'm hungry I just grab an apple or an Actimel.to have on the way and then I have breakfast when I get back.

On the day I asked I did actually have eggs and I felt much better for it!
    Although been MIA since then lol really need to get back to it hecause I was doing so well for about 3 weeks.

Really want to get exercise in but I'm never sure when to do it.

Don't know whether to do it after dinner because in the day is a bit busy but then I'm so tired by that point and Saskias up til about 9.30.
    But then at the same time it's all just excuses isn't it?

@cschmitz110515 That would also worry me with the garage door opening by itself!
    We've got locks on our back gate, spikes along the top of the fences.
    Hope you get it fixed today!

We've just had 3 concrete posts put down the side of our house because people kept driving so close to our fences (it's more like a short dirt road than a proper road)
    They were literally inches away from the house and just to avoid potholes so they don't damage their cars. But they could just drive round? It's not like there's no other access.
    But the neighbour who lives at the back of us put them in. He's been trying for years to block it off but he never had any support or consent from the people living in the house until we moved in.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 I hope your garage door is an easy fix. Perhaps it's an electrical fault.

@Snowflake1968 I'm very impressed with the amount of work you've put into your course. Any school would be lucky to have you. Yes, I still look after my grandson, usually it's on Mondays and Tuesdays. He goes to school in August, so arrangements will change then.

JFT Monday 4th March

THINK before I eat ✅️
    No snacking ❌️
    No eating after 6.30 pm ✅️
    PF exercises ✅️
    Back exercises ✅️

I couldn't settle and focus on one thing yesterday. Did get quite a bit done, but nothing finished. By 3pm my feet were so painful I had to stop, with an armchair still in the middle of my kitchen. So frustrating when pain controls what you can do!
    I couldn't go out as I was waiting on a plasterer coming. He finally came this morning.

JFT Tuesday 5th March

THINK before I eat
    No snacking
    No eating after 6.30 pm
    PF exercises
    Back exercises
    Log food

I weighed myself this morning, so depressed now! I've put on a lot of what I previously lost. I need to start logging again.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options

JFT Monday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Approve time for employees (almost missed the window for this, but squeezed it in)
    - Tell employee their promotion was approved. :smiley:
    - Home by 5:00 :smiley:
    - Gym / Class by 5:50 (will be tight) :smiley:
    - Grocery :smiley:
    - Cook :smiley:
    - Shower :smiley:
    - Bed :smiley:

Yesterday was good. First time I've done an all out spin class in a while. I'd been making excuses to half *kitten* it. It was a hard class. I had 5 guys show up to spin with me, we were all drenched with sweat. It felt really good to hear them talk about the class in such a positive way. "Fun class." "Tough class." "I was going to leave early, but I didn't want to give up." Honestly, I was a little light headed when I got off the bike. I teach again this evening, not sure which play list I'll use. Did country yesterday, thinking the more current mix of rock/pop.

Went to the grocery to buy a rotisserie chicken after class last night, but they were out. I was bummed, because I wanted something good and not bad foe me without cooking. No luck. Ended up making mac & cheese. Not healthy, but it's all I ate yesterday, so calories were good.

Didn't sleep well because of cough and drainage. Made the morning meetings feel extra early today, 7:00am and they go through until 11:30 with no breaks. Luckily all but the first one are just Teams meetings that I simply need to listen to and can multi task during. The first one is my meeting and it was tough today. I kept coughing, and sounded awful. It's just a residual cough left from being sick this past weekend. I feel better, just sound bad.

JFT Tuesday
    - Up by 6:00am :smiley:
    - Work by 7:00 :smiley:
    - Discussions with employees about bonuses and merit raises
    - Home by 5:00
    - Spin at 6:00
    - Grocery - Maybe steak and spinach salad
    - Shower
    - Bed by 10:00

• pridesabtch
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 the garage thing would totally freak me out. Hope it's an easy fix.

@Bex953172 The concrete post seem like a good idea. The worry of cars hitting the home would be nerve racking.

@littleblackskirt sorry you couldn't get everything done you had planned. Hope you feel better today.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,955 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968

@itladyee - do you do video games? I’ve been trying to cut down my screen time, it’s hard to do sometimes.

During Covid I started playing this game called Simcity Buildit. It is a very addictive strategy game and you play with others on your team, so there's a social aspect to it as well.

I probably spend about 1 - 2 hours during the day, depending on how busy my work day is and then I spend another 1 - 2 hours in the evening... We won't even talk about the weekends :)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968

During Covid I started playing this game called Simcity Buildit. It is a very addictive strategy game and you play with others on your team, so there's a social aspect to it as well.

I probably spend about 1 - 2 hours during the day, depending on how busy my work day is and then I spend another 1 - 2 hours in the evening... We won't even talk about the weekends :)

Oo that was a good one! I've played that one too but not played it for ages.

I like playing Homescapes. Which is a match-3 game like candy crush but you get to build up the mansion too.

I'm on level 5000 and something LOL to say I have a gaming addiction is an understatement.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited March 5
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Good luck on your presentation. I'll bet you do terrific!

@littleblackskirt Sorry you're dealing with foot pain, plantar fasciitis is no joke.

@pridesabtch Excellent job on your spin class!

@Bex953172 I forgot to mention, my NP always recommends that I eat protein with every meal and snack. It does help me to fill more full for longer.

Recap 3/4 M ~ rain moving in... good, we really need it with lack of snow this winter
    1) Supper? leftovers or make garden veg soup / log all food / 64+ oz. water :smiley:
    2) PT exercises / 7500 steps :smiley:
    3) Wish BIL happy bday virtually / prep eldest brother's bday card & mail / grocery shop / Breadsmith / wash dishes / final doc prep for taxes & contact MJSW to schedule ~ tougher scramble to locate final docs than I expected but done! I really need to keep on top of clutter :p / M garbage chores / read / declutter ~ mostly digital but still good / other? Called Mom <3 , brought boxes up from basement to pack away snowman decorations :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 3/5 T
    1) Not sure about supper / log all food / 64+ oz. water
    2) Walk dog
    3) Pack up snowman decorations / boxes in basement / shop UHC OTC / read / declutter something / choir rehearsal 7:30 / other?

Garage door update: hubby reset the code in the opener and the remote, and all seems to be well. No issues since. We had a laugh when I asked hubby if he thought our ghost was back. In nearly 20 years in this house, we've occasionally had weirdness that we jokingly refer to as ghost activity. Like the closet door banged wide open for no apparent reason during the night, or when hubby worked late shift & him bumping into someone (lights off) as he was coming to bed. He thought it was me standing there, until he realized I was sleeping in bed. Yesterday, hubby got out old baby monitor & set up in garage to keep an eye on both doors. We had used the monitor when his mom lived with us, her bedroom was down the hall, and her dementia worsened. It helped us (hubby, mainly) keep watch over her without being with her every moment. Bittersweet memories.

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps:
      Jan / Feb
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 & eligible to have race fee waived ~ rats, no waiver of fee
    • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
      canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
      canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
      Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
      overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
      overnight visit 2.27-2.28 & eldest brother stopped over
      planned overnight visit 3.14-3.15
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
      1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
      1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
      1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
      2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
      2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
      2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,604 Member
    edited March 5
    Options
    JFT for 3/5/24 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 2/28), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies & girl scout cookies, homemade cookies, no pistachios).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/4)
    4) I won't weigh again until Thursday, Mar 7.
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/3). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No pistachios today.
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 2/17)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 3/3)
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 3/4)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 3/3)
    14) Tamales ok today.(last 3/1)
    15) No more than 600 calories at lunch.
    16) No real butter today, unless in cooking..
    Hour commitment - After my yogurt, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    edited March 6
    Options
    JFT for 3/5/24 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 2/28), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies & girl scout cookies, homemade cookies, no pistachios).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/4)✔️
    4) I won't weigh again until Thursday, Mar 7.✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/3). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No pistachios today.✔️
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 2/17)✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 3/3)✔️
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 3/4)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 3/3)✔️
    14) Tamales ok today.(last 3/1)✔️
    15) No more than 600 calories at lunch.✔️
    16) No real butter today, unless in cooking..✔️

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 3/6/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today (last 2/28), but none of DH's stash.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies & girl scout cookies, homemade cookies, no pistachios).
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/5). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No pistachios today.
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 2/17)
    9) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 3/5)
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 3/4)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 3/3)
    14) No tamales ok today.(last 3/5)

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
  • itladyee
    Options

@Snowflake1968
    I'm on level 5000 and something LOL to say I have a gaming addiction is an understatement.

Well, I wasn’t going to mention that! I laugh with my son that I didn’t find this game way back when. No telling how he would have turned out! 😜. It’s actually part of the “no responsibility” part of my life that I’m trying to build!
  • itladyee
    Options

@Snowflake1968

Well, I wasn’t going to mention that! I laugh with my son that I didn’t find this game way back when. No telling how he would have turned out! 😜. It’s actually part of the “no responsibility” part of my life that I’m trying to build!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday Mar 4
    1.5L of water - 🙂
    Log all food - 🙂
    Move 20 Minutes - 🙂

JFT - Tuesday Mar 5
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Move 20 Minutes

@Bex953172 - I would have to eat breakfast with that walking too!

@littleblackskirt - I never stopped weighing and still managed to gain everything I had lost. Don’t beat yourself up. We can do it, we did it before.

@pridesabtch - that’s impressive that you’re still struggling with your cold and we’re able to do that soon class! Good for you.

@itladyee - No judgement, I was just curious. I have some gamers in my life. I am not one of them. I don’t like sitting for that long to play games, the only one I ever played back in ancient days was Tetris on the original Nintendo.

@cschmitz110515 - happy you got the door figured out. I think I would have had to move if I felt myself bump into someone that wasn’t there!

Well I had to really cut some of my presentation down it was over 11 minutes and it’s supposed to be 3-5. I managed to get it down to 7, but I’m calling that good.

• littleblackskirt
    edited March 6
    Options
    I'm not a gamer either, though I did get very into tetris on my son's old gameboy back in the day. Was also very good at the yo-yo tricks which were popular then :)

@pridesabtch Impressive workout! It must feel good to hear that the guys enjoyed it so much.

@Snowflake1968 Good luck with your presentation (not that you'll need luck!)

@cschmitz110515 Fingers crossed you have no more trouble from the garage door. My mother also thought she had a ghost, it started as a bit of a joke when things would fall off shelves, that sort of thing. But after my father died she was convinced her sister was haunting her, and when I said she wasn't, she would say that she only told me a small part of the things that had happened. I'll never know, but I suspect she had a bit of dementia in her final year, and was getting confused.
    Your husband walking into someone in the dark is a whole new level of ghost story though! (Aren't you meant to walk *through* ghosts?)

JFT Tuesday 5th March

THINK before I eat ✅
    No snacking ❌ one, 129 cals
    No eating after 6.30 pm ❌
    PF exercises ✅
    Back exercises ✅
    Log food ✅ 1465 cals

Chair back where it belongs! And a whole carload of stuff taken to the council dump, making progress.
    Logged for the first day in a while, it's annoying that when you've not logged for a while most of your "recent foods" disappear so you have to start looking them up again. I guess the clue is in the name lol.

JFT Wednesday 6th March

THINK before I eat
    No snacking
    No eating after 6.30 pm
    PF exercises
    Back exercises
    Log food
    Drop off at charity warehouse
    Make MOT appointment
    Dentist. Yuck.

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone
    It’s been a minute. My first run with this group brought me to a point of fitness I hadn’t seen in years… then life happened. Long story short: found the tip of that again last year but didn’t do it in the healthiest manner (severe caloric restriction). Broke my hand in bike accident and motivation plummeted. Got my act back together round end of July (just in time for my annual off road attack on mt Mitchell bike race) and managed to tear my rotator cuff 20 miles in. Well surgery finally happened Aug 14, and here I am crawling back to you guys… weaker, heavier, drinking to many IPAs, maybe closest to depression I’ve been in a while.
    I tried journaling again a little earlier this year but without folks to be accountable it fell apart quick.
    Lots of other things going on but anyway I’ll spare yah
    Goals for the day
    Stay under calorie goal
    Easy spin after work
    No food after 8
    No beer
    Drink water instead of Diet Coke
  • littleblackskirt
    Options
    Welcome back @teigansdad. Sorry to hear that you've been having a bad time, I'll just repeat what @Snowflake said yesterday..."Don't beat yourself up, we can do it, we did it before".

I recall you and @pridesabtch talking bike rides. Have to say you're not exactly selling it, you make it sound quite dangerous lol

And now I'm going to log my lunch, which I managed to eat despite my gums still hurting from the dentist visit. I'm no quitter :#
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    teigansdad wrote: »
    Hello everyone
    It’s been a minute. My first run with this group brought me to a point of fitness I hadn’t seen in years… then life happened. Long story short: found the tip of that again last year but didn’t do it in the healthiest manner (severe caloric restriction). Broke my hand in bike accident and motivation plummeted. Got my act back together round end of July (just in time for my annual off road attack on mt Mitchell bike race) and managed to tear my rotator cuff 20 miles in. Well surgery finally happened Aug 14, and here I am crawling back to you guys… weaker, heavier, drinking to many IPAs, maybe closest to depression I’ve been in a while.
    I tried journaling again a little earlier this year but without folks to be accountable it fell apart quick.
    Lots of other things going on but anyway I’ll spare yah
    Goals for the day
    Stay under calorie goal
    Easy spin after work
    No food after 8
    No beer
    Drink water instead of Diet Coke

Hubby had a shoulder replacement in 2022 from a bike accident, and is having a second surgery later this month because one of the screws broke (yuck). He'll be starting over again as well.

You've got this. Do it healthy, and give yourself some grace.

I barely even spin these days, but spring is upon us and the roads are calling.
  • pridesabtch
    Options

JFT Tuesday
    - Up by 6:00am :smiley:
    - Work by 7:00 :smiley:
    - Discussions with employees about bonuses and merit raises :smiley:
    - Home by 5:00 :smiley:
    - Spin at 6:00 :smiley:
    - Grocery - Maybe steak and spinach salad :(
    - Shower :smiley:
    - Bed by 10:00 :(

Pretty good day yesterday. Spin class was fun, but not as hard core as Monday evening. Then I met hubby for dinner at a steak place that was having a fund raiser for a local middle school band. Small filet, half a baked potato with butter, 2 rolls and a salad (no dressing). Considering it was my only meal yesterday I'm ok with the 2 rolls I scarfed down. Did drink a couple of beers as well once we got home.

Woke up this morning and my cold is back with a vengeance. Throat filled with nastiness and pounding sinus headache. I got up at 6:00 for a 7:00 meeting, but I instead of getting up I took some meds and laid back down for an hour and listened to the meeting from home. I finally made it to work, but I'm struggling with the headache and cough. And of course, I ran out of tissues.

It's trivia night tonight, but chances are I'm not going.

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 7:00 :(
    - Pick up stuff for trade show Saturday
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Home by 5:00
    - Nap
    - Finish setting up kitchen
    - Bed by 10:00
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 3/6/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) Can have dessert today (last 2/28), but none of DH's stash.
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/5). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    9) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 3/5)
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 3/4)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 3/3)
    14) No tamales ok today.(last 3/5)

Sample

• itladyee
    Options
    JFT Today 3/4
    No Alcohol
    Track everything I eat and Drink ✔️
    Health Journal Update
    Water > at least 80 ounces
    Beat the prior days steps
    Hit protein macros ✔️
    Plan the day's meals preferably weekly, min a day in advance ✔️
    Determine WOTY