GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,366 Member
    Options
    I guess this is a vocal lift, since the voice is a muscle LOL. We did our concert last night. It was a battle of the bands with seven bands performing and we each raised money for Cancer Care research. Overall we raised $88,000, which feels pretty darn good. Here is a link to our last song of the night, hope you like it!

https://youtu.be/dlKredrjKSg?si=cXuS3XUoEr_6gj2w

LOVE IT!!!! You ROCK!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    First day back in the gym after my quarterly week off, man I missed it! No pain anywhere, but use it or lose it I guess because despite dropping the weight 10% on most of my lifts I still had to work to get all the same reps done, and my bench press felt especially heavy. I'll chalk it up to hitting the gym AFTER an early-morning shift rather than first thing after sleep, and hopefully next week will be back to normal.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Fascinating view.
    Options
    Nice work Sandy 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼
  • nossmf
    Options
    I miss deadlifts, but my rack pulls have been injury-free so I'll stick with them and live vicariously through you, lol.

Blizzard today, choosing not to brave it just to hit the gym for my second upper-body day this week, really wish I had a home gym setup on days like this. Hopefully roads will be cleared by tomorrow, and I'll just do my Thu-Fri workouts on Fri-Sat instead.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts felt solid and strong tonight (7,7,12,12x225lb)

Also got 5 plates a side tonight for leg press!

f5alw6jwebva.gif

That weight and volume is impressive - I never do more than 6 reps on DL - I get too gassed
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,461 Member
    Options
    Between travel, and my trainer encouraging me to cut back, I was in the gym for the first time in a while today.

Tried a PB on leg press. Epic, embarrassing fail.

So what’s good about that?

I always have “omg can I still do it?” issues when I’ve been gone, whether it’s a week or three weeks. So I’m proud of coming back, and picking up where I left off. I’m always surprised I still can squat, headstand, bench, arm balance, swim.

And ya know what? That leg press? *kitten* it. I tried, had a good laugh, and plan to try again soon. That’s good enough for me.

I also had a moment of sheer joy during cardio weights this morning. Caught myself grinning like a monkey at nothing at all, and thinking “thank God I did something for myself and can move like this! Life is wonderful!!!!”

Carry on, y’all awesome peeps.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    Nice work Sandy 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼

Thanks Gus! :smiley:
    nossmf wrote: »
    I miss deadlifts, but my rack pulls have been injury-free so I'll stick with them and live vicariously through you, lol.

Blizzard today, choosing not to brave it just to hit the gym for my second upper-body day this week, really wish I had a home gym setup on days like this. Hopefully roads will be cleared by tomorrow, and I'll just do my Thu-Fri workouts on Fri-Sat instead.

So far *knock on wood* I have been injury free on deads. That said, I do put it back down if I feel my form breaking and don't tend to go for 1RMs often. Sucks that you have a blizzard! Hopefully it passes (AND MELTS) quickly!
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    That weight and volume is impressive - I never do more than 6 reps on DL - I get too gassed

Thank you! This week I was doing 4 sets of 7 at 75% of 1rm with the last two sets 7+ (as many as possible, but hopefully at least 7).
    Since I'm targeting a 1rm of 315, I calculated that I would need to get 12 reps at 225 - so that was what I aimed for.

I really do not like anything past 7. The gif above showed my last 4 or 5 reps and I was huffing and puffing by then, too!

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    Between travel, and my trainer encouraging me to cut back, I was in the gym for the first time in a while today.

I always have “omg can I still do it?” issues when I’ve been gone, whether it’s a week or three weeks. So I’m proud of coming back, and picking up where I left off. I’m always surprised I still can squat, headstand, bench, arm balance, swim.

And ya know what? That leg press? *kitten* it. I tried, had a good laugh, and plan to try again soon. That’s good enough for me.

I also had a moment of sheer joy during cardio weights this morning. Caught myself grinning like a monkey at nothing at all, and thinking “thank God I did something for myself and can move like this! Life is wonderful!!!!”

Firstly... CONGRATS at being back in the gym! And "Tried" is way better than "didn't try at all" :smiley:

You always impress me with what you can do, and I love hearing the joy in your writing. Life IS wonderful!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,461 Member
    Options
    ]

Firstly... CONGRATS at being back in the gym! And "Tried" is way better than "didn't try at all" :smiley:

Sandy, I am surprised at the visceral reaction I have nowadays to people who tell me “I can’t”.

I have to bite my tongue and turn the other cheek.

I have a favorite yoga teacher, ever since my first class with him, he has always said “you get as much benefit from trying as from accomplishing”.

That’s very true. And if you don’t do the one, fat chance of ever accomplishing the other.
  • nossmf
    edited March 14
    Options
    I was in the gym for the first time in a while today.

That's it, you're officially a TRUE lifter. The casual lifter, upon returning for the "first time in a while" would drop the weight significantly. Heck, after my ONE WEEK away I dropped 10% my first workout back. But you? You decide to try a PERSONAL BEST!?!?

Yep, you belong among us fools. Glad to have ya.
    Options

Congrats on the effort of going for a PB on the leg press...so you failed, so what?
    That is all part of the progress.

As the quadfather said:

11938dl83l70.png

• nossmf
    Options
    Spent the time shoveling my driveway and sidewalk, got in the car and headed to the gym...only to find it closed. Check the Facebook page for my gym, and they posted that for the safety of everybody, they were going to be closed Thu-Fri and reopen Sat.

Posting to Facebook is fine, but why can't we setup so they send a text or email when they close or adjust hours? Literally the ONLY time I check Facebook these days is for the sake of this gym...IF I remember to do so.

Oh, well. At least I got to break a sweat doing the shoveling. Not much weight on any given scoop (figure a max of 25lbs or so), but hundreds of reps will get you tuckered out anyway.
  • nossmf
    Options
    FINALLY got into the gym today, banged out a full-body routine:

Squats 4x15
    Incline Bench Press 4x8,8,8,12
    BB Row 4x10
    Seated BB OHP 3x10
    Cable Crunch 3x10,10,15
    Options
    Nice work Mike, that is one hell of a workout!
  • nossmf
    Options
    Today was one of those "accept the good with the bad" type of days.

First, the "bad": I finally have to admit that my waist has grown marginally during my bulk phase, just enough to need to loosen the belt one notch to be comfortable. This is more than offset by the increased size of arms, quads and chest, and something which everybody said to expect. Still a bit of a bummer, though, lol.

Next, the neutral: when I started my bulk I was 179, told myself if/when I hit 200 I would stop the bulk and begin a cut back to 190 or so. Well, I just hit that magic 200 mark, but I fear if I began a cut now I'd lose all my momentum towards reaching that 315 bench. I'm so close... Thinking I'll just keep the bulk going until I get hit that bench mark (pun intended), and then swap to a cut.

Finally, the good: set a new PR for bench reps. I remember vividly the first time I struggled to get a single rep at 225. Well, today was heavy power upper body day, and I was doing triples and doubles at 275. The gym was packed with the after-work crowd, and guys were lined up waiting to celebrate International Bench Press Day (aka every Monday, every week). Rather than wait 5 minutes for my fifth set at 275 for AMRAP, I took pity on the next guy in line and told him he could have my bench if he spotted me. I dropped the weight to 225 and the rest time to 2 minutes, and got ready for AMRAP there. Previous record was 10...today I banged out 13. According to calculators, that's good for a 319 1RM. As I said, I'm so close I can taste it, but the way I was struggling at 275 tells me I'm not ready to try. Yet.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Today was one of those "accept the good with the bad" type of days.

First, the "bad": I finally have to admit that my waist has grown marginally during my bulk phase, just enough to need to loosen the belt one notch to be comfortable. This is more than offset by the increased size of arms, quads and chest, and something which everybody said to expect. Still a bit of a bummer, though, lol.

Next, the neutral: when I started my bulk I was 179, told myself if/when I hit 200 I would stop the bulk and begin a cut back to 190 or so. Well, I just hit that magic 200 mark, but I fear if I began a cut now I'd lose all my momentum towards reaching that 315 bench. I'm so close... Thinking I'll just keep the bulk going until I get hit that bench mark (pun intended), and then swap to a cut.

Finally, the good: set a new PR for bench reps. I remember vividly the first time I struggled to get a single rep at 225. Well, today was heavy power upper body day, and I was doing triples and doubles at 275. The gym was packed with the after-work crowd, and guys were lined up waiting to celebrate International Bench Press Day (aka every Monday, every week). Rather than wait 5 minutes for my fifth set at 275 for AMRAP, I took pity on the next guy in line and told him he could have my bench if he spotted me. I dropped the weight to 225 and the rest time to 2 minutes, and got ready for AMRAP there. Previous record was 10...today I banged out 13. According to calculators, that's good for a 319 1RM. As I said, I'm so close I can taste it, but the way I was struggling at 275 tells me I'm not ready to try. Yet.

All sounds fairly positive to me. Good luck on that lift of 315. GIF it when you get it. Only advice I’ll throw in here is when you do decide to cut don’t rush it. Nice and slow so you hold onto those new gains as best you can. Best of luck!