motivation

Options
Hello everyone... Any tips on staying motivated?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    As motivation is fleeting and cannot be relied upon, I find it far more useful to create healthy habits and stick to them: https://www.wisdomination.com/screw-motivation-what-you-need-is-discipline/
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Make the screensaver on your phone\computer a pic of you when you were thinner.
  • mlgdsantos
    mlgdsantos Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Keep going and remember the weight did not pilled up overnight, so be consistent in what you are doing. No need to look at the weight scale every day, and see yourself where you want to be once you achieve your desired weight... like minded people is a plus, I know you have the group here, but what about in person? Anyone that can keep you motivated? Remember to move and drink lots of water. All the best :-)
  • mlgdsantos
    mlgdsantos Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @AmberSims3884 I believe that's a great idea actually. I have created a booklet with yummy healthy recipes if you ever want that DM me privately and I'll send it over.... oh by the way... I got a stepper from amazon, waiting for it to arrive. I got the idea from a "shorts" on youTube. Good luck to you.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Motivation …. Is unique for everyone. For me, I’m a data junkie and believe what gets tracked gets done.
    What is your why? — right it down
    What are your goals? — right it down
    What is your plan? — right it down
    Keep track of your progress as you go.

Like Anne I also believe in small simple sustainable changes applied consistently over a period of time will result in progress.
  • dejonny
    dejonny Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    former obese guy here being lean is amazing especially being in my 30s
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,430 Member
    Options
    While “only” down to a size 18, I found a pencil dress I loved at TJ Maxx, in a size 8.

I hung that dress sideways in my closet. To get dressed, I had to push it aside to reach my clothes every time I went in my closet. I would talk to that dress every day. The day I finally got the nerve to try it on and it FIT was a red letter day for me.

It’s too big now, but it still lives in my closet.

The other thing I did was read the Success Stiries threads. Every single one of them, starting at the first entry, especially the NSV (non scale victories) thread. I could relate so much to all the posts. I would even “bank” posts while I was having a good run of steady losses to read and motivate me when I’d hit plateaus. That way I could see, even though the scale wasn’t budging for a few weeks, I could still see those changes happe I g that others discussed.

I also simply found stuff I enjoyed doing to get my *kitten* off the sofa.