Introduction

Options
Hey,
I am Britanie. I have 3 little girls and they are "unintentionally" asking about mommy's weight/ size, that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. I was never a large person, as a kid I was typically the smallest, but after 3 kids and lifestyle choices I am up over 200 lbs. I am down from 290 to 210, but I still have a long way to go to get to my goal weight of 120! Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! I can't wait to get to know everyone.
Thank you,
Britanie
Tagged:

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,961 Member
    Options
    Welcome Britanie.

Good job losing 80 pounds! :flowerforyou:
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,242 Member
    Options
    The most important advice is two parts:
    1. Find a good calorie goal that you can stick to; try to eat close to that goal. Make it sustainable. Make it a way of eating you can continue indefinitely because you have to not only lose weight but maintain any you lose.
    2. STICK TO IT! Don't quit.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited March 20
    Options
    Kids are funny, and brutally honest with their questions and comments. Like you said they aren't trying to be mean, but they can see you look different than others. The best advice I have for you is to be honest. Tell them that you are a little bigger than you'd like and that the whole family is going to be starting a new healthier lifestyle. Then do just that, with kids in mind, change the dynamic of the household. Children are most influenced and most amazed by their parents, especially at young ages. They often find us beautiful just the way we are, and want to be like us. So don't put yourself down and don't crash diet. Change the dialogue with your self to a positive one and let them see that. We want to raise strong, healthy confident children so we need to model that. Good luck!

BTW you should be very proud of the 80lbs you've taken off!