Ozempic Users?

Options
123457»

Replies

• akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    ‐‐

I could have written this post.... looking for support if you are interested....I don't know how to "friend request" on MFP...[/quote]

Thanks Julie! I friended you! :D
  • danishgirlagain
    danishgirlagain Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also started Saxenda 3 days ago. So far, so good. No real side effects but I did eat a bit too much yesterday and had a very full stomach for the rest of the day and the thought of eating anything was downright painful. Its a learning curve. Today, I will try to just eat enough to be satisfied and then stop. I have always been a binge eater so this will be hard to do. Thankfully, I live in Canada where drug prices are not so high that if Insurance doesnt cover, it is impossible. Good luck to all my Saxy co-horts.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    62 yo woman w/multiple health issues; I've been eating very healthy, exercising for over 2 decades. My weight cycles and kept edging up. After 2 stents and bilat hip replacements, I requested the wt management program from my dr. Did all the classes, tests, etc (months). Been using oz and lost about 20 lbs so far, hallelujah. That's with cal counting - otherwise my wt would still edge up. Finding it constipates me and feeling full in pms real fast but as others have said the "yowling in my brain" is much better. My last visit, they added Buproprion as well as I've plateaued. Would really like to know how others have lost 40+ lbs on it?
  • Mommagoose4
    Mommagoose4 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    43 yr old Canadian woman, mom of 4, who has been toe-in the line of diabetic for years has finally nudged myself over the line. I have some ultrasounds and blood work to do then my dr is going to start me on ozempic.

I'm excited and nervous. I've been struggling with my weight for 20+ yrs. The majority of my family is overweight. Diabetics are throughout. Genetics aren't helping.

I'm looking for friends to help me through this journey.
  • GettingCut70
    GettingCut70 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I started May 2023 due to being diagnosed as Type 2. Jus tbeing on 025 made a huge difference. Down 70;bs A1C in line to 5.1. It's been a life saver.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    My husband is on Zepbound. He takes his third shot at half dose this Wednesday. The only symptom he has is feeling overly stuffed later in the day if he didn't watch his eating. His weight loss is nothing staggering. I don't even know if the medicine is working.. or it the weight he has lost is just him eating more healthy..which he started before the drug.
    From what i can tell. these shots work if one cuts calories . But to use them to just go on as usual i don't think it would be worth it.. It is a tool to keep hunger from making a person overeat or throw them off their diet. My husband is hungry all the time..making dieting almost impossible. I'm sure as he goes on and onto a full dose he will see good results..but these shots are not a magic wand.