Ozempic Users?

Options

Replies

• Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Mrs Dog Lady, thank you for your post. I totally relate to what you said.
  • tmcbride1964
    tmcbride1964 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am not a typical Saxenda loser, unfortunately. I have been on it for 10 months and have only lost about 10 pounds. I am not sure why it doesn't do more to curb my appetite, but the only side effect I have had is constipation. I have a few pens left, but I don't think my doctor will let me continue after these are gone. I have asked for a different medication, but he thinks they are all the same and that I won't lose on them either.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Nope. I would never. Lifestyle changes > drug.

I encourage a little sympathy for people.

Are you at a reasonable weight and have maintained it for quite a while? If "yes," why would you suggest other people who are obese not get to live a life with a reasonable weight and an ability to maintain it.

Your math formula LC > D is straight, 100%, good honest opinion which you can hold. But it is not the truth.

Writing your emphatic "never," and your precise math equation makes me think of a couple of good old skool quotes along this line.
    "Give them the third best to go on with; the second best comes too late, the best never comes."
    --Robert Watson-Watt

"Those who oppose something can usually find fault, weaponizing perfectionism."
    --James Madison Federalist Papers #37

"Le mieux est le mortel ennemi du bien." (The best is the mortal enemy of the good.)
    --Montesquieu
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    onhaltn wrote: »
    I am happy to take medical assistance to conquer this problem.
    A beautiful post, thank you. Good luck with your progress.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,654 Member
    Options
    With respect to meal prep I do it informally. Whenever I make something that freezes well I will make a quadruple batch and freeze portioned excess. It is not four times the work to quadruple a recipe if you use the food processor for tasks like chopping onions and garlic and own a large casserole pot.

The dishes I tend to batch cook and freeze are any braised meats such as bolognese sauce for spaghetti, chicken cacciatore, dak dori tang, coq au vin, curries, boeuf bourgingnon and other stews. Braised bean and meat dishes such as dutch split pea soup, cassoulet, chilli con carne. I have a sous vide wand so will portion meat into ziplock bags and cook things in a large bucket to toss into the freezer to brown later in the air fryer, under the broiler, or in a cast iron pan. The things I do sous vide are beef brisket, confit du canard, homemade salt beef, cheap cuts of roast beef such as silverside (I think that's eye of round in the US) that are tricky to cook using a dry method. Other miscellaneous things such as meatballs and meatloaf.

Cooked potato dishes such as gratin dauphinoise freeze well. Lasagna and vegetable lasagnas freeze well too. I hear that if you hate making rice, you can freeze portions of cooked rice to warm up in the microwave but I haven't tried that because I have a rice cooker which makes light work of doing rice.

On a busy weeknight it is easy to warm up something from the freezer, eventually adding an easy starch such as instant couscous or polenta, or a microwaved jacket potato and a salad.

• marty102a
    marty102a Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have just taken my second dose yesterday. I’m still at .25. I’m not having any symptoms really. I’m learning eat better what it’s slow. I want to start meal prepping but it seems so hard.

What about meal prepping seems difficult? Maybe some posters here can offer some suggestions. Do you cook already at all?
    I have just taken my second dose yesterday. I’m still at .25. I’m not having any symptoms really. I’m learning eat better what it’s slow. I want to start meal prepping but it seems so hard.

What about meal prepping seems difficult? Maybe some posters here can offer some suggestions. Do you cook already at all?

She wasn’t asking who wasn’t using it and why. Super unnecessary post.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    marty102a wrote: »

She wasn’t asking who wasn’t using it and why. Super unnecessary post.

How is it unecessary? They just asked what about meal prepping was difficult so that they could give suggestions to make it less difficult. I myself hate meal prepping and had to find ways to make it seem less daunting. That's not bad, it's trying to be helpful, no?
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I just started wegovy last month. The only real side effect that has been bothering me is constipation.

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! The constipation will stop as you take in more water, like 8 full glasses.
  • elizrawr
    elizrawr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started Ozempic back in Mar-April. I haven't changed my physical activity, I'm pretty sedentary and I am struggling to eat out of boredom/habit...but when I can get a few days of motivation, boy do the pounds disappear. I am also type 2 diabetes, [teetering on the edge] so I went from Metformin to Ozempic and I have not had any side effects. If anything I feel better since getting off Metformin. It really has effected how much food I can eat. I do notice when I eat too much, it makes the nausea worse so I am trying not to. I'm happy to add anyone else as a friend here if you're also on ozempic!
  • rnochick
    rnochick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    6 weeks in. Took phentermine for 3 months prior to starting. I'm down just over 23 lbs and I feel like I have my life back. I don't remember the last time I had hope & I'm finally beginning to care about myself.
  • castlecreekfarm
    castlecreekfarm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My sister is a nurse who is using a physician monitored injectable BUT NOT OZEMPIC. I have a girlfriend who is having great difficulty getting her medication because of this discourteous use causing shortages. There are other medical options, please try and make another choice so those who are ill don't have to suffer.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    ^^ not sure where you live - but Ozempic is back in stock where I live and probably most other places - the availability issues seems resolved now.
  • rnochick
    rnochick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have been on ozempic almost 2 months. No side effects except alittle queasy without food in the am. I started this journey back in March though & have lost a little over 25 pounds so far. This is the lowest weight I've been at in over 7 years! I have 16 pounds to go til onederland & I'll see that by the end of September if I continue on this trajectory. To be my goal weight 165 by May of 2024 is my goal.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    dianalmay8 wrote: »
    ...helped me get over my addiction to eating for comfort and stress.

That sounds transformative. All the best.

My healthcare asked me to complete a four month series of educational stuff before even talking about options. I completed it yesterday. Then they made an appointment for six weeks from now where we can talk about. If Ozempic is right for me, I may get access to it in October some time.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    @dianalmay8 That’s great to hear! Thanks for sharing your experience. My concern has always been that I will gain the weight back after stopping ozempic. I see that it doesn’t have to happen as long as you keep your calories in check and exercise.