Tummy problems with Protein Powder?

Options
I’ve been diagnosed with a hiatal hernia. Does protein powder cause any problems with people with a similar condition?

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    I'd ask a doctor. A large amount of protein can definitely cause digestive issues, bit I don't know if it has any affect on hernias.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I have a hiatal hernia and protein, including protein powder, never affected my condition. However, you would benefit from asking your PCP for his opinion.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Are you new to protein powder? Some people find whey doesn't agree with them. If it's been fine before for you, I doubt it would be a problem now. As mentioned, you may have digestive issues generally.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I found the artificial sweeteners in protein powders caused some issues (and jn protein bars) so I switched varieties a few times. I think my tummy also adjusted in time. But, at the risk of being crude, protein farts are defo a thing 😳
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    I found the artificial sweeteners in protein powders caused some issues (and jn protein bars) so I switched varieties a few times. I think my tummy also adjusted in time. But, at the risk of being crude, protein farts are defo a thing 😳

Yeah, do try a brand without artificial sweeteners.