What a dogs dinner of an app!

Options
jim3782
jim3782 Posts: 2 Member
I've been using MFP for 12 weeks now and the most difficult part of the entire weight loss journey is using MFP, its so complicated and unintuitive it actually drives up my stress levels. I have the same thing for lunch every day and all I want to do is create a meal called "lunch at work" if I create a meal I can only add one item to it? even the help files make no sense... see example below -

I cannot find quick tools anywhere in that context, please save me from MYP hell.

To the team at MVP, can you hire some user experience pros please?

On the Web
Click "Quick Tools" then "Remember Meal"
Give the meal a name.
Click either the green "Save Meal" button to save as a new meal, or click the green "Or, Replace An Existing Meal" button to do as the name suggests.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    Quick Tools is on the FOOD page. First, you put the foods in the meal slot. Put in all the foods you want in that lunch. THEN click "Quick Tools" then name it, then it will be forevermore in your "My Meals."

This site is very easy for me to use - BUT it does take a little playing around with it...kind of like learning to ride a tricycle, ya know?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    You can also simply swipe right and add the food from the previous day in the app. It also says so on the diary screen. No need to create a meal. Just copy from the previous day.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,122 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    You can also simply swipe right and add the food from the previous day in the app. It also says so on the diary screen. No need to create a meal. Just copy from the previous day.

In iOS?
    In Android it's the three dots right below each meal.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »

In iOS?

To add a meal, yes. They're talking about copying from one day to the next. Prepping to copy isn't really a proper free-form swipe in Android, either, it's clicking the "<" at the top of the diary (in the phone/tablet app) to go back to the previous day.

Don't know if it's a real swipe in the iOS version, or if that was a more general use of the word "swipe" as a synonym for moving from page to page. I thought swiping in the iOS version would delete food lines or something like that, but what do I know, I wouldn't buy an Apple product if there were any possible way to avoid it.
  • AnnPT77
    Options

. . . please save me from MYP hell.

To the team at MVP, can you hire some user experience pros please?

As an aside, the MFP staff doesn't read all the posts in the Community. There are too many. Here, you're just talking to other MFP users. We don't have any more power than you do to change the app.

If you want to contact MFP, use the Help link (on each page), or the support email address, or the Feature Suggestions part of the Community, or the list of staff DM IDs.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/feature-suggestions-and-ideas
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10028709/meet-our-community-team#latest

Note that the moderators are not MFP (paid) staff, they're volunteers who have very little power beyond what you have yourself.

• yirara
    Options

In iOS?

Yeah, in iOS. There's also dots and then I can copy food from or to a date, and from say dinner to breakfast. But the swiping is super nice to have.
  • yirara
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

In iOS?

To add a meal, yes. They're talking about copying from one day to the next. Prepping to copy isn't really a proper free-form swipe in Android, either, it's clicking the "<" at the top of the diary (in the phone/tablet app) to go back to the previous day.

Don't know if it's a real swipe in the iOS version, or if that was a more general use of the word "swipe" as a synonym for moving from page to page. I thought swiping in the iOS version would delete food lines or something like that, but what do I know, I wouldn't buy an Apple product if there were any possible way to avoid it.

Yeah, so in iOS if I am at an empty Breakfast for example I can move my finger right to copy everything directly from the previous day. If I already have food in say Breakfast, and I move the finger left I can delete a single food item.
  • jim3782
    jim3782 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, give up. The 1st person put on the “food page” I can’t find a page called food.

Clearly I’m daft!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,122 Member
    Options
    It would help if you told us what platform you're using: browser version, iOS app or android app. The food page is only on the browser version: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    In the app is in the diary you will see tools to save meals, copy meals,...
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,367 Member
    Options
    jim3782 wrote: »
    Thanks all, give up. The 1st person put on the “food page” I can’t find a page called food.

Clearly I’m daft!

Sometimes things just take time.

Don’t be so hard on yourself. Keep at it. You got this.
  • AnnPT77
    edited March 22
    Options
    jim3782 wrote: »

Clearly I’m daft!

Since in your OP you quoted the instructions for web browser MFP, we at first assumed you were using the web version, rather than the Apple or Android app version of MFP. I'm still not sure which you're using, TBH.

In the web version, the "food page" is the diary page where you log your food. It looks like this:

xowmm5px13qk.jpg

The "Quick Tools" link is where you can create a saved meal ("Remember a Meal" option), or copy meals to/from another day.