30 lbs down

Options
54j8vrs4r6
54j8vrs4r6 Posts: 1 Member
edited March 22 in Success Stories
After a cancer journey and major surgery removing multiple tumors and organs in 2022 I gained 30 lbs rapidly. After months of pain and recovery I started working on getting back to my surgery weight. It has taken 8 months and very slow, not always steady progress. I’m really proud of myself and don’t really have anyone to share it with, so sharing it here. I’m a 43 year old woman.

I’ve tracked daily in Mfp and built my walking from 5000 to about 9000 steps/day and have recently added in yoga 3x/wk.
Tagged:

Replies

• Darlene_Oregon
    Darlene_Oregon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    @54j8vrs4r6 - You are very courageous. You give inspiration to us all. Keep up the good work!
  • jubeli123
    jubeli123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing! Great work!
  • PeachTye
    PeachTye Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! You should be proud.

I started getting active after cancer treatment (not so extreme as yours, I think, but surgery-chemo-radiation-meds), when I was 45. I endorse your idea of adding new activities gradually, as fitness improves. You can surprise yourself with where that leads, I predict, given patience and time. (You're smarter than I am. While I got active, even athletic, after treatment, I didn't seriously pursue reaching a healthy weight until a dozen years later. Being more fit was a huge quality of life improvement in itself. Losing weight was another big quality of life gain (at 59-60). The combination was gangbusters. I could kick myself for not doing the weight loss sooner!)

Best wishes!
  • slimmerjesse1
    slimmerjesse1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    wow, how inspiring. congrats.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!