LeenaChavan4967
LeenaChavan4967 Posts: 1 Member
edited March 29 in Health and Weight Loss
Please help

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    Go here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change-goals-guided or More > Goals in app.
    1. Put in your stats.
    2. normal daily activities refers to your job.
    3. Ignore How many times a week do you plan on exercising? - that does not get included in the equation. Log your exercise separately.
    4. Select a rate of loss in line with the chart:
    9kjwnia17qv9.jpg
    The resulting calories is your daily calorie budget. It's normal to go a little over or under, but since weight loss is already included in these calories, you don't want to intentionally go hundreds of calories under.

See also: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1
  • BigMo2017
    BigMo2017 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Eat fewer calories than your BMR (basal metabolic rate), there are online calculators. Go outside for a 5km (3 miles) walk every day.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    BigMo2017 wrote: »
    Eat fewer calories than your BMR (basal metabolic rate), there are online calculators. Go outside for a 5km (3 miles) walk every day.

I think you might mean eat under your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    If you want to make it easy as possible, just don't eat anymore calories than your BMR. If you exercise, then eat 150 calories over your BMR.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    When I was heavier I found it helpful to tackle one health or fitness goal every couple of weeks. One week I decided I would stop drinking juice and full sugar sodas and replace those with water or sparkling water. Another week I decided to replace the highly refined grain crackers I was eating with whole grain crackers. Another week I decided to add two servings of vegetables each day. Another week I began walking three times a week.

The small changes over time helped me to gradually change my bad habits slowly rather than trying to tackle everything at once. It helped me to be more successful. Eventually I lowered my total calories per day and began running. I lost a total of 55 pounds over 18 monthfrom a size 16 to a size 4.