What happened to the body fat % measurements tracking

Options
The body fat % tracking option and my years of data has disappeared from the App. Please help me restore. Thanks

Answers

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    This is part of the widespread issues currently affecting MFP:

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/21792562599181-Widespread-Issues-affecting-MFP-apps-and-website

Thursday, November 30, 2023, 7:25am PT

Hello,

Apologies for the issues you're seeing across MFP. Starting around 11:00am PT (11/29) members started experiencing reporting issues many areas of the program. Over the course of the investigation throughout the day (11/29), we realized that there were two different services impacted, and why the areas affected and types of issues were so widespread.

As of 2:30pm PT (11/29), we had thought most of the program has returned to normal, however this is when we realized that two services were impacted, as only about half the symptoms affecting our members had resolved, even though the error rates we were looking at had resolved.

Areas where members will see issues resolved are as follows. These areas resolved are related to problems where whole areas of MFP were inaccessible or not syncing:

Inability to login
    Logged foods disappearing from Diary
    Pages not loading in the app
    Data from 3rd Party partners delayed or not syncing (including Fitbit)

Areas where members are seeing ongoing problems or inconsistencies are as follows. This is not a comprehensive list, but highlight the areas we are seeing the most reports. These areas are related to areas of the apps that display individual information to you in your account:

Meal Categories entirely missing from Diary
    Custom Meal Names resetting
    Streaks resetting
    Custom and Default Measurement categories
    Individual Measurements (default and custom) Missing
    Progress history missing
    Recipe issues - saving, editing, and missing from the apps

In these areas where members are not seeing data in their accounts, we have investigated and from we can see so far, this data is NOT gone, it is just not displaying for members. (For meals, it's not display in app or on web, but for Measurements/Progress, some users can see this data on the website, although they are not seeing it in the apps).

Once we get this issue of data displaying resolved, it is likely that anything you added/logged between when the issues started on 11/29, to the point of resolution, will need to be re-added/re-logged, though all of the other historical information will be visible in accounts again.

We will continue to work on this to get this information visible to you as soon as possible, and appreciate your patience in the interim. Please check back for further updates.

Best,

MyFitnessPal Staff
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    Almost a month and all of the measurement data is still unavailable from the app. And oddly, new entries won't allow two decimal places. I can't add a measurement of 35.75, I have to chose 35.7 or 35.8.
  • kimloane
    kimloane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What's the latest status on this. My historic entries are still not showing on the app.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    kimloane wrote: »
    What's the latest status on this. My historic entries are still not showing on the app.

All of my previous measurements are still nonexistent to me. My logged weights are there, but years of body measurements are still effectively gone for me. They commented the data was not gone, just merely not displaying, but if I can't see it, it might as well be gone because it's of no use to me if I can't see it.