Thanks for your advice ninerbuff
  • raccdt468
    raccdt468 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks safari
  • b465sk9cqs
    b465sk9cqs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For me the attraction of the ready made shakes would be not having to make potentially bad choices about what to eat, no cooking and no measuring. These things can be especially hard first thing in the morning which is why I have the same thing every day for breakfast except for 2 days a month when we go out for brunch. Knowing I’ve started the day off great with my goals in mind makes the rest of the day go better. The app actually encourages this by having a “swipe right” to add yesterday’s breakfast feature. I get enough variety at lunch and dinner so I don’t get bored. Whatever you choose I think establishing some kind of routine that works for you will help you succeed. Consistency is key.
  • ccalles39
    ccalles39 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m trying the same tomorrow, wishing you the best of luck!!
  • raccdt468
    Options
    Thank u ccalles
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,811 Member
    Options
    Two weeks in, right? How’s it going?
  • Kotkoda005
    Kotkoda005 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Just be mindful of learning healthy habits too - a shake isn't the ultimate solution to weight loss. Most find themselves gaining weight (sometimes even worse than before) because they didn't develop healthy eating habits or learn about nutrition.
  • Damian45
    Damian45 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've tried doing shakes and healthy smoothies. They just don't fill me up enough. They're delcious, but I still end up eating after drinking one.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,091 Member
    edited March 16
    Options
    @raccdt468 & ccalles39
    time for an update?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    edited March 17
    Options
    :) Yeah, it's mostly a mental thing why people can't maintain weight loss and it's generally associated with the type of food people eat, and we know what the vast majority eat and have a hard time controlling. By going meal replacement for a year your still going to have to battle the same situation you have now while not learning a thing about what foods facilitate better satiety, kind of a waste of time imo. Good luck, I have a feeling your going to need it. :#
  • raccdt468
    Options
    Well...
    I tried the meal replacement and it's going fine. I have added fiber to fill me up a bit more and have lost 8 lbs this past month. Let's see how I can continue. It's not easy but it works. I have to create a meal every day to help me balance my day with either two meal replacement or one a day. Have to get creative here.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Great update!