What do you have for breakfast?

Options
I'm beginning to get bored of my oatmeal and egg whites. Just wondering what you've all been whipping up for breakfast as I need to get a little more creative! :)

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    This morning I microwaved an egg for 45 sec and seasoned it with a little salt, pepper, and hot sauce. I also had a baby bell mini cheese thing.

Later I had some oatmeal. I'm not a big breakfast person, but I can snack with the best of them.
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burritos
    Steel cut oats with fruit
    Cereal and banana
    Sweet potato pancakes
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of smoothies....peanut butter ones, banana ones, berry ones, greek yogurt ones, you get the idea
  • yo2535
    yo2535 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    2 eggs (microwaved) 2 slices turkey bacon, yogurt and 250ml V8 low sodium
  • kelleymfrost
    kelleymfrost Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a Thomas Cinnamon Raisin English Muffin with peanut butter and a glass of milk! YUM!
  • Koreanrye
    Koreanrye Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jimmy dean Turkey sausage patty and bagel thins from Costco. Bagel thins are the best...they can be eaten with hummus, as breakfast sandwhich.
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    chobani yogurt with .3 cup of dried granola/muesli on top.
  • sneezles
    sneezles Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    2 eggs scrambled with a tbs of butter.
  • kimbk1
    kimbk1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I eat natures own whole wheat bread (50 cal. per slice) and 2 tblspn. of peanut butter with a side of berries or kiwi fruit
  • Ebbsies
    Options
    "Break-fast" was 1 cup of 0% plain greek yogurt and 1 cup fresh strawberries cut up with a 1/2 pack of stevia to sweeten it up. :)
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My own version of Egg McMuffin--100% whole wheat English muffin, egg, a slice of pepper jack cheese, and a tblesp. of turkey bacon bits pressed into the cheese
    A bowl of something like Go Lean! cereal
    Peanut butter and banana slices on a slice of whole wheat toast
    Breakfast burrito--scrambled egg w/onion, salsa, maybe a little finely shredded cheese wrapped in an artisan tortilla
  • hikingchick
    Options
    i guess that would depend on how many calories have for breakfast. sometimes i do a 100 calorie bagel thin-toasted, 3 egg whites with my favorite cheese. you could also add reduced fat, lower sodium ham if u'd like.

whole grain waffles with a Tbsp of 100 calorie syrup, or 3 palm size aunt jemina pancakes with the same syrup and "i cant believe its not butter"

corn torillas, egg whites and reduced fat cheese for breakfast tacos

100 calorie flour tortilla, egg whites scrambled with diced tomatoes, onions, mushrooms & bell pepper, 1/4 avocado, bit of cheese, 1 packet taco bell sauce all wrapped up in a yummy breakfast burrito
  • Jolenebib
    Jolenebib Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    On the go I like a whole grain english muffin with ~1/2 T cream cheese and a slice of turkey ham. Then I'll have an apple later.

You could try adding some cinnamon and zucchini when you're cooking your oatmeal - tastes like zucchini bread.

Plain yogurt with fruit.
  • Brendie68
    Options
    I have Dannon light & fit yogurt and fruit, or Thomas's toast r cakes and yogurt, oatmeal & fruit , sometimes just fruit, as I also am not a huge breakfast person and sometimes I don't have breakfast at all.
  • Jolenebib
    Jolenebib Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If you mix the yogurt and strawberries together the night before, you won't have to add stevia. The strawberries will sweeten it naturally.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Bottle of water and a banana. Sometimes some granola.
  • jocelynna
    jocelynna Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I will usually have:
    2 egg whites (30 cals) w/
    2 oz. chopped turkey ham (60 cals) and
    .5 oz. of cheese melted on top (50 cals), and
    1 small apple (55 cals),
    total damage = 195 cals.

Or lately, I have been having:
    5 whole wheat Ritz crackers (70 cals),
    1 wedge of laughing cow cheese evenly spread on each cracker (35-50 cals), with
    1.25 oz. (.25 oz. per cracker) of peppered turkey lunch meat (38 cals), and
    1 small apple (55 cals),
    total damage = 212 cals.
  • Ebbsies
    Options
    If you mix the yogurt and strawberries together the night before, you won't have to add stevia. The strawberries will sweeten it naturally.

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try it.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Egg fried in Smart Balance, on whole grain toast with a slice of American Cheese. Yummy, filling, and just what I need after my morning Insanity workout :happy:
  • qplv
    qplv Posts: 2
    Options
    I feel the same way. Breakfast is a really hard meal to plan because you are so limited. Hopefully someone out there can help.:happy: