Complete This Entry button not working?

Options
Hi,

I'm not exactly sure if the Complete This Entry button even does anything when it does work (aside from not allowing anymore entries?), but when clicking on it and then refreshing the page the button doesn't update to "Make Additional Entries". It seems like Monday, March 25th was the last day Complete This Entry was working. As March 26, 27 and 28 still say "Complete This Entry" for me. This doesn't seem to be a huge issue, but I figure I'd bring it up before other things related to this button begin breaking as well.

I'm on desktop using Firefox version 124.0.1 (64-bit).

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,183 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The Complete Diary function isn't intended to stop you from adding more food to your diary- it just creates the weight loss projection and a newsfeed post congratulating you for completing your diary. It's not for the program to work, otherwise.

Answers

• klkl10
    klkl10 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Alright. It does keep resetting though. Is that considered an issue or it’s fine?
  • durden
    Options
    Sorry, what keeps resetting, exactly?
  • chrisb482
    chrisb482 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm having this issue as well. When you Complete your Diary updates and click Complete, then leave the page or refresh the page, once you go back to that day it keeps reverting back to Complete your Diary eventough you already did complete them. It's been happening sporadically to me, some days work, some don't.
  • flotek72
    flotek72 Posts: 500 Member
    edited April 2
    Options
    I too am having this issue. It started about 2 weeks ago. I was able to get it to stay completed if I just left the page open for a few minutes. Then when I navigated to a different day and went back, it was completed. But for about 4 days now, that trick isn't even working.

Steps to repro:
    1. Enter food for the day.
    2. Hit Complete This Entry. Now it shows the weight you could reach in 5 weeks and a button that says Make Additional Entries.
    3. Go to a different day or page.
    4. Go back to the day you completed the Entry in step 2. It will go back to saying Complete This Entry.

Essentially it isn't working like it used to 2 weeks ago. Not sure if this is intentional. I do realize the main reason for the button is to just show you a projected weight. I kind of use the button to let myself know that I am done entering items for that day.

Using Chrome v123.0.6312.86 (64 bit)
  • klkl10
    Options
    durden wrote: »
    Sorry, what keeps resetting, exactly?

flotek72 and chrisb428 have explained the issue(s) perfectly.
  • durden
    Options
    Right. As I mentioned before, the Complete Diary function isn't intended to close or lock your diary. You could keep pressing the button as many times as you want to keep getting the weight prediction feature, but otherwise this all sounds completely normal and as designed (if a little weird, I get it).

I recognize you all are saying it seems different from two weeks ago, but my years of familiarity with the feature tell me this is exactly how it has always worked and is supposed to work.
  • flotek72
    flotek72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    It seems like the issue is fixed now. I just clicked the Complete This Entry button and went to another page and came back and it remembered.
  • klkl10
    Options
    flotek72 wrote: »
    It seems like the issue is fixed now. I just clicked the Complete This Entry button and went to another page and came back and it remembered.

Yeah, this is how it normally functions. When something doesn't do what it normally does I just assume it's broken.
  • chrisb482
    chrisb482 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It looks like its fixed now. It's working like it typically does and saves your daily status once completed. As flotek72 menetioned, we use this to let ourselves know that we did complete our updates for that day. Note, this is for a web browser only, the app works like the durden said, you can complete your updates over and over again and it doesn't matter.

Wish the app worked like the browser does for this feature.