Options
2»

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,121 Member
    Options
    Being hypothyroid and untreated could definitely be a contributing factor:
    - lower base metabolism
    - fatigue, leading you to be less active (could be subtle: less movement outside of exercise, less fidgeting,...)

Since you mention having been treated for it in the past, it certainly sounds likely. (I don't think being hypothyroid goes away, if anything perhaps more likely to get worse?).
    In a way, I do hope you are hypothyroid - it means there is hope?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    jaded989 wrote: »
    OK so I have slipped herre and there but for the most part have been on target and meeting my nution & exercise goals but have been stuck in the same weight range for over a year. My calorie goal is at 1200 per day which I do sometimes exceed but not to the point of gaining weight. WTH is going on? Any suggestions? I would like to lose another 15-25lbs, currently at 165lbs & 5'4. Suggestions welcome.
    Inconsistency will lead to stalls. You just have to be consistent pretty much all the time. You can have one off day ocassionally, but if you're not losing it's because you're not being consistent. Little small things here and there can make the difference.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    It’s possible that during your previous weight drop you were miscalculating your calories but still had enough of a deficit to lose well. Now that you are much smaller, the window for error is much smaller and has a greater chance of eliminating your weekly.
  • cheryls1mx3
    cheryls1mx3 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    csplatt wrote: »
    It’s possible that during your previous weight drop you were miscalculating your calories but still had enough of a deficit to lose well. Now that you are much smaller, the window for error is much smaller and has a greater chance of eliminating your weekly.

I totally get where you're coming from. When you're smaller, every calorie counts, and small errors can impact your progress. But fear not! There are ways to fine-tune your weight loss strategy for success:

Recalculate Your Calories: As you've shed some weight, your body's calorie needs have probably dropped. Reevaluate your daily calorie target using online calculators or apps to match your current weight and activity level.

Get Precise with Tracking: Invest in a kitchen scale to measure your food accurately. Be vigilant about logging everything you eat. Those little discrepancies can add up quickly, especially when you're aiming for a smaller calorie deficit.

Adjust Your Goals: Periodically review your weight loss goals and tweak your calorie target as needed. You might need to slow down the rate of weight loss as you get closer to your target to keep things manageable.

Choose Wisely: Opt for nutrient-dense foods that keep you feeling satisfied. Load up on lean proteins, fiber-packed veggies, and healthy fats to curb hunger and reduce the chances of overeating.

Stay Active: Physical activity remains a powerful tool for creating a calorie deficit. Consider upping your daily activity or changing your exercise routine to keep those calories burning.

Mindful Eating: Practice mindful eating to avoid overindulging. Tune in to your body's signals for hunger and fullness, and try to eat without distractions.

Support is Key: Don't hesitate to seek support from a registered dietitian or a weight loss coach. They can provide personalized advice to help you fine-tune your approach.

Remember, the road to weight loss has its bumps, but with a few adjustments and a bit of determination, you can keep moving forward.

Stay positive, and if you have more questions or need help, just ask.

Cheers,

Cheryl Sim
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,803 Member
    Options
    Having been on this app for a long time I have seen a lot of folks who do not seem to eat enough but yet maintain or gain weight when logic defies. I guess that just means that everyone's journey is unique and you have to customize yours. If you are not losing weight at the current level of intake and activity, then you need to change something. Seeing your Dr and getting bloodwork is never a bad move either.

I have a friend on here who is fairly tall and some active (walks etc daily) and she barely eats 1000 cal a day. If she tried to eat more she gains pretty rapidly. For a long time I questioned - was her logging accurate, etc. Then I just realized that it's accurate for her. She is maintaining at the level she wants log term and even if it looks extremely LOW to me, it works for her body and program.

I also agree that if your deficit for you is not much, just a few days a week or even a month can totally offset all the other "good" days. Sometimes logging just how many calories those "bad" days are can be eye opening and any 500 cal deficit you had for the week can be not only wiped out but negated with one pint of ben and jerrys. sad but true.
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited April 4
    Options
    jaded989 wrote: »
    OK so I have slipped herre and there but for the most part have been on target and meeting my nution & exercise goals but have been stuck in the same weight range for over a year. My calorie goal is at 1200 per day which I do sometimes exceed but not to the point of gaining weight. WTH is going on? Any suggestions? I would like to lose another 15-25lbs, currently at 165lbs & 5'4. Suggestions welcome.

Hello, hello. So hard maintaining when your goal is losing!! And yet maintaining is soooo much better than the alternative. Perhaps your body just needs a rest from deficits? I haven't read all the responses, mind you, and I do realize I am late to the party!

I mostly just wanted to track you down, to say well done as you are such an inspiration to me with your faithful logging. And also to invite you to post in the 60 yrs & up thread, under Introduce Yourself - it's not always super active but it never dies out and so many great minds over there to pick from!
    I'll post there now to boost it up in the "most recent" threads. 😘

ETA: AnnPT77 is active there too.