Keto Keto Keto

Options
2»

Replies

• sherinexwicker
    sherinexwicker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Iketty
    I’ve been doing keto/low carb since September 2020 and have lost 52 lbs. I have another 30 lbs to go. I’ve been doing it with my sister but would love more people to connect with to bounce ideas and support each other.
  • Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am returning to keto and MFP! Had lost 54lbs and gained a lot of those back when I stopped logging and started straying from keto woe! A lot of things came perturbing my life but I realize now that I need to look after me, my health etc first! Tracking keeps us accountable and it's a visual to see what we eat daily! I will look for the keto group! Good luck everyone! :smile:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    This LC group is very active and has lots of people doing keto and info about it:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum
  • sugarbear50
    sugarbear50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I made delicious hot cocoa that taste like Im in Paris, canned coconut milk , cocoa powder, swerve, sea salt and vanilla …sooo good
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,124 Member
    Options
    esdesign wrote: »
    yes, you dont want to avoid carbs all together, as we still need them for important brain function. But, you can set your macros in your "goals" tab . you want to keep your carbs at around 20g, Carbs 10-20% Fat 45-55%, 35%-40%.
    It all depends on your total calorie goal for the day, but of you work on 20g carbs, 50g fat, 80g-100g protein you'll hit the keto goals. You just have to play around with your macro settings to set a good benchmark first.

Then , log ABSOLUTELY everything.

try and remain at 20g carbs or under for 8 weeks, then for 2-3 weeks - up your carbs up to 50g but no more, this will give your body time to catch up and repair.

If you don't eat carbs your body will make its own from protein through gluconeogenesis. There are many people who eat zero carbs, and have no ill effects from it.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    I am more ketovore than keto at this point. It has and continues to be a way of eating that works for me. There are two groups here, the low carb group is more active than the keto one. I encourage you to join them, especially the low carb group.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    nadgale wrote: »
    Hi there.. I've just started keto too. But I'm still quite confuse about the calorie and carb calculations. So I'm just avoiding carbs al together. Can you guys help guide me with them?

What do you find confusing. Keep you carbs below 30 grams to start.