Workout program

Options
Any idea for workout program, please share to me guys..

Replies

• FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    There are so many free videos on YouTube that will walk you through a full body workout with weights in 20-30 minutes. I like Juice And Toya because their videos are non-repeat, meaning you won't do the same exercise twice in one workout. They have several different whole body workout videos so you don't get bored doing the same thing. You could alternate days doing at home weights and taking a long walk on other days.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,270 Member
    Options
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    Or, if you mean a workout program overall, work your way gradually toward at least 150 minutes per week of moderate cardiovascular exercise, or 75 minutes of more intense cardiovascular exercise, or a proportionate combination of those intensities. Ideally spread that over at least 5 days of the week. Add a minimum of 2 days of strength-challenging exercise.

That's the mainstream recommendation for basic good health. More is fine, within reason, if it's fun and fits into your life with enough time/energy left for job, family, home chores, social life, non-exercise hobbies and anything else important to your happiness.

For the strength exercise, take a look at the thread mtaratoot linked in a post above.

For the cardiovascular exercise, choose anything (or combination of things) that gets your heart rate up a little, that feels manageably challenging. There are dozens of possibilities: Walking, biking, aerobics, recreational dancing of any type, boat-y things (kayak, canoe, row), martial arts, ping pong, swimming, pickleball, rollerblading . . . whatever.

As you get fitter, increase frequency, intensity, duration or type of the cardiovascular exercise to keep a manageable challenge always in the picture. That challenge is what keeps fitness improving.
  • drgregdc
    drgregdc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I’m older (so done lifting heavy) and don’t have a lot of space or time currently. So I started doing kettlebell exercises in the morning, before work. I found a set of Bowflex kettlebells on Marketplace for cheap and have been looking up exercises on YouTube and TikTok. Very versatile with tons of different movements for areas you are looking for.