The next steps... a restart.

Options
Hi everyone,

I am a male over 40 who was up to 330lbs March 28th 2023. Got down to 284lbs but went back up to 294lbs over January and February. Decided to do a review and change around my macros and looking to get back on track! Going to push to 240lbs by Dec 31 2024. Looking for some active friends to join my journey and offer advice. Will be adding weight lifting and jogging this weekend and forward. I am using Garmin connect as well if anyone wants to join me on there as well.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Replies

• Neds1980
    Neds1980 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, great job for getting back on track! It is always hard to find the motivation to start. A but like you I fluctuate quite a bit and would love to lose it and maintain.
    Ar my heaviest I was 285lbs. I did manage to get down to 227lbs last August but I have gained quite a bit and am currently at 262lbs. I was 265lbs last week but after a wekend away where I felt so unfit I made a start when I got back home. Have lost 3lbs so far but I really want to start exercising - we just sorted a mini gym in the garage last weekend but I have not used it yet 🙈. I turned 44 last month, would love to be lbs lighter by Christmas or by my 45th birthday next March! Looking forward to checking in and hearing about your progress. Good luck with your jog and weight lifting this weekend. We are off to see family today...cake will definitely be involved!
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You've got this. Many of us have to start again! Life is a crazy sometimes. As long as we don't give up, it's all good! I don't do "friends" on here, but I will follow posts and comment!
  • Neds1980
    Neds1980 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Farnorthfarmer how are you doing? Hope you are doing well. I am back on it from tomorrow - need to do this as feeling really sluggish these days! Good luck
  • JeanGenie12
    JeanGenie12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great you’re getting back on track. I’m mid 40s and since a surgery a year ago I’ve let all my good habits slide. So back on the app I go