Every. Day.

Options

Replies

• Awegg05
    Awegg05 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Day 18: 223.2 (-1.6)
    Hello, again! It's 2am and I'm awakeeee! Ugh. Sleep is my enemy, always has been. I used to take meds to help me fall asleep, stay asleep, and not have the insane dreams I tend to. I get those dreams where you know you're dreaming, and often force myself to wake up during the dream because they're so awful. I won't take meds again, though. With taking care of a baby, I'm afraid I won't be 100% in the middle of the night if needed. So I'm just gonna deal, maybe get a nap in today if I'm lucky.
    Yesterday I upped the pace waking in the treadmill because the previous day, my body seemed to adjust to the previous pace and my heart rate didn't stay in the zone I wanted. I shaved over a minute off my mile :) I packed up my oldest sons room to get ready for the move. When fiancé got home, we took a trip to go pick out rugs and curtains for the rooms. Talk about $$$, yikes. But we know we're investing in our forever home. I ate alll my meals and woke up feeling less sore, despite only 4 hrs of sleep!

Today's goals:
    Gym (min 3.2 pace), track and eat all food at macros, laundry, maybe some packing, work. I'm motivated :) I also need to participate in my challenge groups more.... I have a hard time integrating myself into groups and tend to go to the shadows.

@wewillbskinny your losses are looking great!!
  • flowergirl829
    flowergirl829 Posts: 158 Member
    edited April 5
    Options
    Awegg05 wrote: »
    Thank you so much @Paudie76 ! I. Do drive myself crazy weighing every day but I can't seem to stop? Lol I did download the app suggested above (Libra) and it's helping me understand the trends a bit better instead of looking at my weight day to day

Definitely a pitfall right there; don't do it....I started my journey on March 25th and I weighed myself for this app, but have not weighed myself since; I might do it at the end of April, but I don't want to get all big headed and screw up even a day; by the way I find this app really helpful, since I didn't realize how many calories and carbs I was eating in a day before. I don't concentrate on eating that much which is why I hate any kind of diet fad out there. I've ex military and always before I would walk the weight off, I'm 5'4" tall and weighed 185 when I started; my normal weight is 135 lbs, but now that I'm 66 it's around 150, so I have 35 lbs to lose and I'm looking at the end of the year, since I only committed to losing 1.3 lbs per week. Don't set unrealistic goals and consider changing your relationship with food. I still battle with wanting a fountain soda daily and wanting to snack on chips, sweets or something at night watching tv. It's a struggle, but also I'm not losing this weight for any special events when I used to do that I always failed. Do it for you and your health and look at it this way even if you don't lose all that weight you will definitely be pounds thinner at least and healthier. I feel so much better, since I just quit all the junk even my Dad noticed I looked better already.
  • wewillbskinny
    wewillbskinny Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Day 5
    208.9. SW
    204.9 -.9 lbs today
    4 lbs. Total weight lost

@Awegg05 Thank you! Although I am being realistic and know that you loose the most weight in the first week.😁

@tonihoskinson What a great way to look at things. I am definitely trying to do this for me. But, having calendar dates of events gives me something to aim for.

My Mom told me that she could notice a difference in my back. I don't know if that is possible or not since it is only four pounds, but it certainly makes me feel good😄

I finally took body photos this morning...I slept very well last night and feel great this morning. I'm ready to tackle today!
  • Awegg05
    Options
    @wewillbskinny good morning! Well, afternoon here now! 4 pounds is SIXTEEN sticks of butter!! You're doing great - you're right, you're probably going to lose a chunk at first then the losses may not be as drastic. As long as you keep that in mind, don't let the change deter you from keeping going :)
  • krabuck
    krabuck Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am a 42 year old serial starter... hoping this is my final start. I have had success with this app in the past, but life happens and I've lost my way many times. My husband has recently gone through some health struggles and it has opened my eyes to how important it is to maintain health. I've seen all my doctors and luckily everything is looking good health wise, but I definitely need to lose weight to keep it this way. I am feeling super motivated to get back on track!!!! I love accountability, and I love having people to talk to who are also on a weight loss journey! I like your idea of posting goals in the morning and updating progress. I hope it's ok to join in!

SW: 264.8
    Today's goals
    -crack open my dusty old C25K app after work today and complete day 1
    -log all food (no matter how shameful because I did not plan a healthy lunch/dinner today)
    -give myself grace

Short term goals
    -participate in a company 5k in May
    -wear shorts I already own this summer without having to buy new ones

Longer term goals
    -100 lb weight loss... ugh

Sincerely motivated,
    Katie
  • Awegg05
    Options
    @krabuck hey Katie, nice to meet you and thanks for joining! ALSo hoping this is the last for me, jumping back on board. I've been grateful that the transition wasn't too rough and I'm in a pretty good groove.

I love all of your goals! Great job starting to track today, despite what you planned to eat. It's good to start being in tune with the nutrients and such we put into our bodies. I used to spend an hour doing a 5k a day. Today, I got up to 2 miles which was a little victory for me. It's crazy how much my body has changed for the worst, but is now changing back to the better person I know I can be. Baby steps. I have clothes size small to XL in totes, waiting to be pulled out again.
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Day 19: 221.8 (-1.4)

Yesterday was a tiresome one. I pushed through my Treadmill workout and was pretty proud of myself. I had excuses about 10 mins in to quit early (my goal was 35 mins). But I made it to the half hour mark, knew I could do 5 more mins. Then i realized I was so close to 2 miles, I kept going to reach that. I was proud of myself. The day was long with the baby, not bad, just long. Then I worked, got into bed at 10p, up at 130a this morning. I wish sleep and I were on better terms...

Goals today:
    Start the 5% challenge w/ weigh in
    Contribute to Spring Break Challenge and group
    Paint bedroom
    Laundry!
    Maybe a nap, if I'm oh so lucky enough?

Enjoy your weekend!
  • wewillbskinny
    Options
    Day 6
    208.9. SW
    204.4. - .5lbs today
    -4.5 lbs Total weight lost

@Awegg05 LOL 16 sticks of butter, that is a much better reference than my bottle of cranberry juice. 🤣

@krabuck Hi, nice to meet you. I just started this week as well, on Monday. We are just taking it day by day here. Seems to be a good way to get through this.

I have a bad knee so no 5k's for me anymore. Although my goal for this weekend is to go on another bike ride. Maybe a bit further this time... Also cleaning the garage is on my mind for this weekend. That should be fun. 😬
  • flowergirl829
    flowergirl829 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Day 5
    208.9. SW
    204.9 -.9 lbs today
    4 lbs. Total weight lost

@Awegg05 Thank you! Although I am being realistic and know that you loose the most weight in the first week.😁

@tonihoskinson What a great way to look at things. I am definitely trying to do this for me. But, having calendar dates of events gives me something to aim for.

My Mom told me that she could notice a difference in my back. I don't know if that is possible or not since it is only four pounds, but it certainly makes me feel good😄

I finally took body photos this morning...I slept very well last night and feel great this morning. I'm ready to tackle today!

I agree about losing the most weight in the first week; it's water weight or fluids; sounds like you are doing good so far.

• Awegg05
    Options
    @flowergirl829 hello! :) water weight is always nice to lose at first, as long as you can be realistic those losses probably won't stay consistent!
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Day 20: 223.6 (+1.6)

Yesterday was not a "typical" day for me. Once my routine breaks, I'm a lost girl. Despite that, I didn't break my diet. I went over to our new house (it's literally my parents house next door - they've decided to RV full time) to paint our bedroom. I'm hoping to share pics once completed because I'm proud of the work I've put in. I didn't have breakfast before I headed over and grabbed some trail mix to hold me over if I got hungry. My step-dad saved me with some scrambled eggs and cheese. I painted all day. Stopped for quick appointment then got back at it. Came home for dinner (promises of steak), but ended up getting a bunless Five Guys burger. They're so delicious but I've noticed every time after I have one, I see a gain. It's either that or the White Claw lol I got done around 8pm last night, came home, showered, and passed out.
    I didn't go to the gym yesterday which was a bummer with my steps for the day. I started a Step Challenge yesterday so it would have been nice to start with strong numbers.

Today's goals:
    Finish up painting
    Clean floors, arrange furniture
    GYM - 6000 steps on Treadmill
    Laundry
    Work

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday :)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    The gain after the burger is probably just water retention from extra salt. And the painting could cause some water retention too, I would be so sore after a full day of painting 🙂
  • wewillbskinny
    edited April 7
    Options
    Day 7
    208.9. - SW
    203.7 - .7lbs today
    -5.2 lbs. Total - 2.5%

@flowergirl829 Thanks for the support.🙂

@Awegg05 You certainly stay active! I think painting is actually great exercise. So much movement involved with that. I agree with @Lietchi I would definitely be sore after a full day of painting!

I had an ok day yesterday, but after getting up early again was soooo tired by the evening. I actually took a short 20 min nap (got woken up), then had difficulty falling asleep later.

I finished off my calories for the day with six Hershey kisses (left over Easter candy) 😋 I figured I had ended the previous day under calories and want to stay pretty on track with the calories so I calculated each kiss was 22 calories and enjoyed my little desert/snack
    and finished the day just under my allotted calorie count.

My sister brought over some homemade split pea soup for lunch. It was so delish! My husband is being really supportive of my weight loss attempt, but I think he is getting a little tired of all the chicken cordon blu's for dinner. Need to come up with a better variety. It's just so easy to calculate the calories with the chicken cordon blu. LOL

Still planning to clean the garage today. Ugh.

Have a nice Sunday everyone.

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,274 Member
    edited April 7
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just came across this group. I have been looking for a "daily" thread to participate in. Reading through your posts, this seems like a good choice.

My name is Jan. I am almost certainly the oldest person here (79). I live in Indiana with my standard poodle Abby. I am hoping to finally lose the Covid weight plus a few additional pounds I have gained since then.

Rather than focusing just on weight, I am trying to set goals around good habits ... trusting that if I do what I need to do, then the pounds will follow.

That said, my thee goals for April are make good food choice
    Goal 1: While I am tracking and do have a calorie target. I am focusing on healthy choices not meeting a calorie goal. (I.e., good choices but over calories is a "win").

Goal 2: Move! My goal is 10,000 steps a day

Goal 3: Sleep. I have noticed that the days when I hage not slept well are the days when I tend to both overeat and eat junk.

So far, I have met these 3 goals every day in April. 24 more to go!!!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

@krabuck Sorry your knee is limiting your movement. I don't know what the issue is, but just thought I would share that I had replacement surgery when I was 72. It was far easier than I anticipated. My only regret was that I waited so long to get it done.

@aweggo05 "Once my routine breaks, I'm a lost girl." Bingo! That is one of the major challenges for me. Learning to contine making good choices when nothing goes to plan is crucial for me. (And to go back to making good choices after I slip)
  • Awegg05
    Options
    @wewillbskinny great job enjoying your food while staying under calories! It can be tricky fitting in everything you'd like, and it sounds like you did it right! I hope the garage cleaning wasn't too bad! :)

@jan110144 hello and welcome! I have to say, age aside, I'm impressed! I love that the good habits are a priority for you - living healthy is definitely defined more than just the weight on the scale! 10k steps a day is a great goal (more than I strive for myself, honestly! Do you have any plans on how to get your steps in every day?
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Day 21: 224.8 (+1.2)

Back to day 17 weight. I've only lost .2 pounds this past week... had to log that for a challenge and I wasn't a happy camper. I'm not sure what the culprit was, as I followed my food/calorie/macro goals. I feel like if I could sleep and recover longer, it would make a world of difference. Next week when we move, baby will have his own bedroom so I wonder if my sleep quality will change. He's been sleeping through the night this past week which has been great, but I'm still naturally getting up around 2am.
    Yesterday I made it to the gym, but did not accomplish the 6k step goal. My legs were so sore. I did 20 mins and promised myself I'd make sure to get to 6k for the day, which I did. I don't want to over do it, but I want to make sure I'm challenging and pushing myself. It's all about balance, I suppose. I got the accent wall painted in our bedroom, the floors cleaned and polished. It was a very productive day.

Today's goals:
    Laundry (for real this time)
    Gym is tentative to when my fiancé wakes up
    Rest
    Pack
    Work
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,274 Member
    edited April 8
    Options
    End of first week. Results...
    SW 172.5. EW 168.2 (first weeks are always good with dropping the retained fluid)

Food - Good choices every day

Steps - over 10,000 6 of 7 days. 7 day average - 11835/day. @Awegg05 Have to say that having a standard poodle who demands her daily walks is a big help in reaching goal.

Sleep - (Using Fitbit scoring) in the mid 80s 5 of 7 days. 78 other two days

Pleased with the progress.

One of the problems I encounter when I try to make good food choices a priority is boredom. Seems like I am always fixing a piece of baked/broiled protein and steamed veggies. Blah!!! New goal ... make at least one new healthy and interesting recipe a week. Last night ... spicy shrimp tacos. Definitely a winner! Leftovers for tonight 🙂

On to week 2. For those in the eclipse path, wishing you good weather. We are about 45 min from totality, so taking a little drive. Weather is a bit iffy here in terms of cloud cover.

Have a great day everyone.
  • wewillbskinny
    Options
    Day 8. - End of week 1!
    208.9. - SW
    203.3. - .4lbs today
    - 5.6lbs Total.

Hi, everyone. I had a busy weekend and did not get everything done I wanted. Although, I did work on the garage yesterday and made a dent. It is basically full of stuff because we closed out a storage unit that we had full of so much stuff. Unfortunately this is not a one day project....

I was worried about weighing in this morning as I had ham yesterday and I know that is loaded with sodium. So I am happy with my weight today.

@Awegg05 Don't get discouraged. You still had a loss for the week! I always try to focus on the fact that this journey is a marathon not a sprint. It's the end result that really matters. You have successfully run this race before and you will do it again!

@jan110144 Welcome! I am also a bit older at 63... You are certainly right about the first week bonus weight loss due to water weight. Looks like we started on the same day, April 1. This weight journey is NOT an April Fools joke. Lol

My immediate goals for today...
    Laundry! I kind of wanted to tackle it yesterday, but got waylaid with the garage project.

Have a nice day everyone!
  • krabuck
    krabuck Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 8
    Options
    @wewillbskinny nice loss!!!!

Well, I had some struggles over the weekend and fell back into old patterns. I am giving myself grace and trying not to beat myself up too much. Today was a new day. I completed my first day of C25K after work…. wow was it hard!!!!! But I did it!!! And have logged all food for today.

Hope everyone is having a successful Monday!
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Day 22: 225 (+0.2)

Hello, all! Yesterday was a long day. They've all been long recently. I got a lot done, so that's what counts? Steps were low as I didn't make it to the gym. But I was constantly on the move, lugging my kiddo up and down stairs, arranging furniture, putting up curtains, cleaning the floors.. I'm really impressed with our bedroom and the fiancé is happy with my work :) I took some nyquil and actually got a decent amount of sleep for once. Which I kinda am not liking, because I woke up hours later than normal (6am this morning!) And I felt like the day was gone lol

Today's Goals:
    Laundry (we're having a rough time with this one)
    Errands
    Paint living room wall
    Put together bedframe

@wewillbskinny great first week- keep it up!

@jan110144 shrimp tacos sounds delicious! I can do the same foods for about 2 weeks, then I need to mix it up a bit. I'm actually wanting to get back to the basics, as I found most success with thay. Your first week was a success, good job :)

@krabuck weekends are one of the bigger challenges staying on track, I totally get it! But great job for brushing yourself off and getting back on track!