Anyone tried bistroMD or diet to go???

Options
ems1583
ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
Anyone who has tried these healthy food home-delivery program? I live by myself at this time, busy with work and no time to cook or prepare healthy meals. Recently, been dining out and taking out fast-food, which I feel guilty. I came across bistroMD and diet to go online. I signed up fat bistroMD for their 5-day program (consists of breakfast, lunch, dinner , snacks are optional) and it would be delivered straight to your door. I'll receive mine next week and I'm excited.

Any thoughts or experience?

Replies

• KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Anyone who has tried these healthy food home-delivery program? I live by myself at this time, busy with work and no time to cook or prepare healthy meals. Recently, been dining out and taking out fast-food, which I feel guilty. I came across bistroMD and diet to go online. I signed up fat bistroMD for their 5-day program (consists of breakfast, lunch, dinner , snacks are optional) and it would be delivered straight to your door. I'll receive mine next week and I'm excited.

Any thoughts or experience?

Wow, some of their food looks yummy. Cannot afford that though. I also hate seafood and don't see how to opt out of that.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Never heard of them, but make sure the sodium isn't too high. Sounds good though. Enjoy your food.
  • Choboman
    Choboman Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a diet to go plan now. The meals are good, but get monotonous after a while (all the choices cycle around about once every two weeks.) Also, they're very expensive unless you get a bunch of them. When I was trying it out and bought just 3 dinners/week, they were charging me $16/meal. Now my wife and I share a plan so we get 7 lunches and 7 dinners per week and they only cost about $8 each. It's still a bit pricey, but helps us keep portion control and makes sure we're keeping a balanced diet, and saves us all that time cooking.
  • klem8555
    klem8555 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tried BistroMD last year but quit because the food was so tasteless. It IS heathy. I just started again as I need to drop some weight before shoulder surgery in June. The food is still tasteless, but I've learned how to better navigate the app to make sure I don't get the really bad stuff (like eggplant)! It's crazy expensive and the snacks are really not worth it, but I figured for a month I would grit my teeth and get through it.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    This thread is 10 years old.

However seems BistroMD is still around.

But if the food is tasteless and super expensive, surely there are better alternatives?