myfitnesspal and a1c

Options
2»

Replies

• ByeByeToDiabetes
    ByeByeToDiabetes Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great job. I was diagnosed as Type 2 in May 23. My A1C was like 10.5. I reactivated MFP and went full on disciplined and got it down to 5.3 in 99 days. Just had my checkup last week and hit 5.1.

I needed to read this today. Well done!
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Formally diagnosed T2 March 2023 with HbA1c 86 Mmol & very obese with BMI 35. Offered Metformin, but asked for some time to change lifestyle.
    Big wake up call. Offered NHS dietician support and whilst waiting for that was signposted to resources -namely Diabetes.co.uk
    With those valuable resources- for which I am so thankful, lower carbs & exercise, my HbA1c is greatly reduced (52 mmol -November 2023)
    Still T2, but maybe next will be in prediabetic or even normal range
    Lost 41lbs too.

A “nearly there”success story 😊
  • ByeByeToDiabetes
    Options
    Creamtea42 wrote: »
    Formally diagnosed T2 March 2023 with HbA1c 86 Mmol & very obese with BMI 35. Offered Metformin, but asked for some time to change lifestyle.
    Big wake up call. Offered NHS dietician support and whilst waiting for that was signposted to resources -namely Diabetes.co.uk
    With those valuable resources- for which I am so thankful, lower carbs & exercise, my HbA1c is greatly reduced (52 mmol -November 2023)
    Still T2, but maybe next will be in prediabetic or even normal range
    Lost 41lbs too.

A “nearly there”success story 😊

Wow you are on the right track. 41 pounds is huge and your determination is inspiring. Thank you for posting.
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Cheers @ByeByeToDiabetes! Not saying it was easy - was hard, with loads of bumps & crashes ! ….& I have still another 41lbs to a reasonable weight goal! I feel lucky my body has responded to my efforts & wish everyone else in the same boat all the best & hope all can succeed!
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That's not A1C it's my daily fasting in the morning. They check my A1C every 3 months.
  • lcharpentier2
    Options
    Be back tomorrow to share my b/s results. Not a bad day today.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 10 years ago Did I do anything to help myself no. Here I am on 4 metformin a day 80 units of insulin and ozempic once a week. Yes I did all this to myself. I keep saying what to hell i'm 75 years old. Well I started on April 2nd to watch my diet. april 3rd seen 6 today was 6.9 so doing something right. Now to get more than a few good days. I start then give up. I need help.

I'm 70 and in mid-December I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes. My A1C was 14.7. The day before I went to the doctor I fainted while getting ready for work. Last Thursday My A1C was 6.3. My doctor was elated. She had a note to herself to order me insulin. She tore it up in front of me.

I have an unusual perspective. My job is to take people to Dialysis. These people are tested. Several have said no more and stayed home to die. I miss them.

I'm pulling for you and at the same time congratulate you. You are doing great!
  • lcharpentier2
    Options
    ASSOP How long did it take you to reverse your diabetes. You did great. Well good results again this morning b/s 5.6 and Lost the lb i gained yesterday. And I have no intentions on finding it. LOL. So let's all get ourselves a great day. My eggs are boiling.
  • lcharpentier2
    Options
    Well today is ok but darn I forgot to take my b/s took it after having a coffee and 2 oz of pickerel. It was only at 6.9 right after. So kind of wonder how low it was. I seen my nurse practioner for a bit yesterday in the hallway showed her my book She was impressed and said if I go under four to call her.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    Great job. I was diagnosed as Type 2 in May 23. My A1C was like 10.5. I reactivated MFP and went full on disciplined and got it down to 5.3 in 99 days. Just had my checkup last week and hit 5.1.

Great job ! My A1C was recently back to 5.9 pre-diabetic after I gained 80 lbs back from losing 100. that and my high cholesterol is motivation enough to get my butt in gear!
  • lcharpentier2
    Options
    Go for it night hawk we can do this. Why because we have to. For me it's not a want anymore it's a need. I need to control my glucose. I'm on my 9th day all under seven so doing something right.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited April 10
    Options
    I have a medium term story:
    5 years, 2 months ago my A1C was 48 mmol/litre (which is on the cusp between full-blown diabetes and borderline diabetes.) I went on a diet, going from 190 pounds to 140 over 4 months (BMI of 28 to a BMI of 21). I have kept the weight off for those 5 years.

My A1C fell to 36 mmol/litre at the end of the diet; I had it tested late last year and it was 32 mmol/litre. My cholesterol and blood pressure both improved as well.
  • ByeByeToDiabetes
    Options

Great job ! My A1C was recently back to 5.9 pre-diabetic after I gained 80 lbs back from losing 100. that and my high cholesterol is motivation enough to get my butt in gear!

I hear you loud and clear! My race against diabetes (and against ozepmic the new wonder drug) has me going right now. I don't want to be diabetic neither do I want to be pre-diabetic. I hope to lower my A1C by July when I have my next bloodwork done. As for the morning sugar today, it was good 101 again, which is only 2 points away from being normal (glucose-wise lol).

We can do this. I have a ton to lose and I am determined to kick type 2 diabetes and pounds to the curb.
  • lacylucy1935
    lacylucy1935 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have low blood sugar and was not eating enough so this has helped me recognize what I am eating and that I do need to eat a little more. If I eat good things and often I have not had any issues with going to low. Low blood sugar is the worse feeling for me, hard to get it back up once it drops! :)
  • ginadacat
    ginadacat Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    In August of 2023 my A1C got to 6.0. I had been pre diabetic for probably the last 5 years. Dr told me if I didn’t do something I would become type 2 diabetic. Started my weight loss journey the next day. I weighed 208 lbs. Cut my sugar intake to 25g a day. 8 months later I’m down 53 lbs and my A1C is 5.4. No longer pre diabetic!
  • lcharpentier2
    Options
    That is great gina keep at it. We need to care for ourselves no one else will.
  • ByeByeToDiabetes
    Options
    ginadacat wrote: »
    In August of 2023 my A1C got to 6.0. I had been pre-diabetic for probably the last 5 years. Dr told me if I didn’t do something I would become type 2 diabetic. Started my weight loss journey the next day. I weighed 208 lbs. Cut my sugar intake to 25g a day. 8 months later I’m down 53 lbs and my A1C is 5.4. No longer pre-diabetic!

Wow, that's amazing. I hope to be as successful as you are. How did you monitor the 25g of sugar/day? Here on MFP? Also, how did you come up with 25g/per day? I just got recently diagnosed with diabetes and try to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible because this diabetes thing has to go. :-) I hope you don't mind me asking.
  • lcharpentier2
    Options
    Good morning yesterday was another good day and my fasting was 5.4 this morning. And I also had a good week with a loss of 2 lbs at tops last night. What is tops stands for take off lbs sensibly.
  • lcharpentier2
    Options
    Ok I'm on 11 days under 7 today 5.3 So yesterday another good day. Mind you the scale don't want to be good. But that will come with time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!