Is this app fake, cuz I calculated my calories which was 800 over what I should eat and I am skinny

Options
Suggest me something boys n girls
Tagged:

Answers

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. You say you are "skinny"... you don't say your weight, which causes me to assume you are underweight. Though I could be wrong. I'm only right 99.7% of the time. And you're confused as to why the app is telling you you're undereating and need to eat more?

Spoilers... it's because you're undereating and need to eat more.

I'm curious how many calories you think you "should" be eating?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,115 Member
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    I'm confused. You say you are "skinny"... you don't say your weight, which causes me to assume you are underweight. Though I could be wrong. I'm only right 99.7% of the time. And you're confused as to why the app is telling you you're undereating and need to eat more?

I think she means that the app gives her a certain calorie goal and she ate 800 calories more than that, and yet she's still skinny?
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »

I think she means that the app gives her a certain calorie goal and she ate 800 calories more than that, and yet she's still skinny?

Honestly, I have zero clue what they're trying to say, so could be.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    edited April 7
    Options

So maybe she moves more than the average person??

If she is young this is likely.

Also likely that if you are young your body is still using calories to grow - in height, body changes etc that happen to teenagers and therefore needs more calories than average person of same height and therefore you remain skinny.

When my son was about 14, he was same height as me - he ate at least twice as much as me and was not over weight but I was.
    No great mystery about it - he was a teenager going through puberty, growing in height and was very active.

I was a middle aged woman, nowhere near as active and obviously long past puberty or height growing.

* of course this is presuming OP's calorie logging was accurate AND over a long enough time frame to be relevant
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    I have no idea. But I guess TO wants to lose a few vanity pounds and chose to lose 2lbs per week? Nah, doesn't make sense. TO really needs to clarify what they mean.