Help with weight loss

Options
VSG patient-I am trying to lose 12 pounds to meet my weight goal and at a stall for several months. Any help with how many calories and such a day would be wonderful. Thanks

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Go here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change-goals-guided or More > Goals in app.
    1. Put in your stats.
    2. normal daily activities refers to your job.
    3. Ignore How many times a week do you plan on exercising? - that does not get included in the equation. Log your exercise separately.
    4. Select a rate of loss in line with the chart:
    9kjwnia17qv9.jpg
    The resulting calories is your daily calorie budget. It's normal to go a little over or under, but since weight loss is already included in these calories, you don't want to intentionally go hundreds of calories under.

If you have a medical need to lose weight faster because it is medically necessary to have the surgery ASAP, this question should be directed to your medical team. Your doctor can refer you to a registered dietitian.

See also: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1
  • MaeesaAHHH
    MaeesaAHHH Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I would say there are several ways to go about it, and there's a lot of info you haven't mentioned but I'll try to help with a more general guideline:
    1) Try to increase your calorie deficit by increasing your activity. If you're already exercising a lot, try adding strength training or calisthenics to the equation. Try to make your existing workouts more challenging (example if your workout of choice is running, increase the pace and duration; if it's calisthenics, increase sets and reps, add resistance through weights or elastic band, etc). Sometime shuffling your workout routine will help you break the plateau.
    2) Reduce the number of calories you consume but it shouldn't go too low, please meet the minimum requirement of calories set by the mfp app to avoid damaging your health.
    If you shake things up, the scale will start moving.