Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - With all you are going through, and all your recent travelling, you are entitled to say that you haven't the energy to put them up, and they have to stay in a hotel and eat out. You could meet them for a meal somewhere. Sometimes our energy just runs out. <3
    I have told my brother this, and he is finding it difficult to organise a visit! :p I want to see him but not entertain. He has many, many births due, so I'm not holding it against him. Pater Familias. per excellence. 11 grandchildren. 4 great grandchildren. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Beth-prayers for you and your family. Such a tough time with your mother. The veil of dementia is scary and painful.

Carol-prayers to you also. I have not lost a sibling but did lose a sil. It is so good you were able to connect via social media if not in person.

Sun currently looks like a crescent moon in terms of shape. It is really pretty cool. Tried some pictures and couldn't get exposure etc figured out so I gave up on that and just keep checking progress. It it pretty much over my front yard so get good view from porch
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,701 Member
    Options
    Hidee Ho
    The tests came back negative ,which means Tracys babies don't have anything genetically wrong with them...praise the lord..physically hopefully not.but we shall see..I know she knows the gender but is holding off..
    Carol- sorry about your brother.. my deepest condolences
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    MFP Weekly Check-in April 8, 2024

Debbie in Napa Valley, CA - Stats for this week- down 2lbs this week. 5 days of exercise. At least 10,000 steps those days but 15,000 and 18,000 a couple of them. I did track my food the beginning of the week. Need to get back to tracking every day

Sue in WA - Interesting side effects of new meds for a-fib. i have decreased appetite and some foods have odd taste especially dairy. current weight is now 220. Need to work on increasing exercise again. I feel like I am constantly starting over.

Rita in Roswell NM - Up from last week. Too many sweets around this past week. I’ve just been binging. I can feel it making me lethargic. I need PIP’s boot again to restart! Better this week, making a point of it!!

Lanette in SW WA State- Celebrating healed foot and staying in weight range. Navigating blood sugar control like last week. Moved first coffee in the am to after breakfast, and have eliminated eating prunes for now – they have a high glycemic index and high glycemic load. Perhaps they were part of the reason for move into pre-diabetes. (I started eating them for bone health, believe it or not!)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I've ordered some hands free slip on trainers for wearing after the op. You are not meant to bend right to the floor. I will wear these as house slippers. John will have to do the socks, but I wear them 24hrs a day anyway! I'm also going to get a 'house dress' nightdress, so I don't have to struggle with trousers. Amazon has some nice ones I can wear all day at the beginning. Like a long t shirt. I have worn pyjamas for years, but this will be easier.
    They say you feel much better after 6 days. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Terri - Super watercolour! <3

Lisa - Did you put a waterproof barrier between the bricks and the house wall? I think it looks great. :D

H xxxxxxxx

One thing dh got and used a LOT(wore the first one out and after mending multiple times we replaced it) was what they call a "sock ease" for putting on socks. It was simple for him to use after his surgeries. Before he got it, I was the one doing his socks and so much more.
    https://www.amazon.com/Without-Bending-Disabled-Pregnant-Diabetics/dp/B0C8H8SN8N/ref=sr_1_7?crid=3VOAHE8P8QQOV&amp;dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.teFl3b0nFXcMnZ3r9nmr1lFNm0APY_ddJACjQMQhfsGTIF0XuHCCHM_x-_ZeuizI3j9xpXCKDO0SnKX3uW-Kuf4Ta4xsOsVTB7Zdekfb1xht9OLQZXBbIPtPi4_xb1aBmwy6CXw1NqFXgGdFFk6-eFPRpZ96waWTyMjkS_qCgUOwygIE2Os9RbFVKhLa8XXrg9ApO3P6kwO7NzQz8GKtWu9Ik0ZibXDH8XTjonh09ksAvw1PLO-_d9vp-jyCFNRgDGdkAHXW5Ln891ARXgb67tHSoXCMDpav00IMeAFI78Y.4xgChc-Skby0tG8IYizNYQBnaBJQ_qjYW8S0asos8U4&amp;dib_tag=se&amp;keywords=sock+ease+for+elderly&amp;qid=1712614070&amp;refinements=p_85:2470955011&amp;rnid=2470954011&amp;rps=1&amp;sprefix=sock+ea,aps,189&amp;sr=8-7

something like this.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    Options
    Beth: (((hugs))) Sorry that Mom is deteriorating.
    Carol: ((( hugs))) So sorry about your brother.

Time for shutdown. Night! Night!

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— and πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ» for those who need them.

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: Β»
    Good morning ladies!

Dad's shoulder was sore after his fall, and it's worse from starting the lawnmower. You would think there would be a better way to start the darn thing than pulling that cord. And yes he did some mowing yesterday but skipped his hip stretches.

Annie in Delaware

Electric lawn mowers have done away with all that cord pulling.

I've never mowed a lawn in my life, but my husband uses an electric mower which appears to operate in a similar way to a vacuum cleaner ... plug it in, turn it on, and go.

M in Oz

ours doesn't even have a cord- it uses batteries ;)
    I have mowed a LOT of lawns.
    When I lived in Mobile, we had a HUGE lawn in front and big one in back. We had a little electric with a cord. It took 3-4 extension cords to get all the way to the road. I loved mowing that, except when I would hit a fire ant hill. That little thing got a work out for sure- rained all summer so mowed every week or more often.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day -

Walk w/famiky- 2hrs 5min 52sec, 130elev, 2.80ap, 5.97mi= 643c
    Strava app = 731c
  • pipcd34
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: Β»
    My brother passed away yesterday. He had been suffering from severe COPD for the last 7 years. He was 70 yrs old and the first of us 5 children to pass away. I had not seen him since our mom passed away before 2020 but we stayed in contact through social media.

Carol in GA

So sorry for your loss