WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    Options
    (((Beth)))

Cloudy here during eclipse,,, I remember the 2017 one. It was sunnier and we got about 80% I remember looking at the shadows..
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

So... I was outside at totality, I took pictures with the selfie side of my phone, like Tina I was just trying not to look at the sun, and wanted to! Didn't work. The pics just look like the sun. The birds never stopped singing, Egg was inside getting a snack when I walked back in. I tried wearing Corey's welders helmet to look at the sun, just gave me an instant headache from the weight. 🤷🏻 I dunno.

Anyway - smelling like leather and sweat and dirt at the moment, but after two hours, I decided I like the bricks with the German schmear (thank you Barbara, I'll use that later with Corey... 😀). After I got all the mortar cleaned off around it, I was able to get all that detritus in the dumpster... then I took an hour to pull some siding off under the carport. I told Corey I would pull everything off that I could reach. Not as much as he probably thought, as I think he thinks I'm six feet tall.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

My son is taking welding classes(taking the test for the union next month)
    He said he used his welding helmet to look at it- was just a partial eclipse here. I didn't notice any of it(we were out shopping)

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    <3
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Forgot to get my check in info to Lanette today, but am happy to report that I am within .2 of a pound from where I was at the end of March, so headed in the right direction again!
    Very cloudy here today, so didn't notice the eclipse at all, we only had a partial anyway, so.... I do remember the one in 2017, it was kind of neat, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be running off somewhere to get a better view.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    edited April 9
    Options
    Morning all. Just a quick log in as I’m off out this morning.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Very high winds last night. There is a lot of heavy flooding in the local area from rivers and the very high tide. We are fine here. I'm going to leave going out until tomorrow! Damp and windy. John might pick up milk.

I've just ordered a new valance sheet for our super king bed. I like the ones that have the bottom sheet joined onto the valance. The sheet goes over the mattress. John has worn through his side! We have had it 20 years!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    :)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    Today is Unicorn day! I finished and filed my unicorn coloring book. I need to find more unicorns!! What makes you shiver??

d5jhebmmol64.jpeg
    xlplwgqbo5x1.jpeg
    43vmai95byh2.jpeg
    cncec02q91hz.jpeg