Today’s I failed at calories…

Options
I went over 1000.00 cals. I just have to start over tomorrow. Weekends are harder for me. Tomorrow a new start . Well goodnight.

Replies

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Been there done that. lol

All that matters is this moment forward! :)
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Have you considered adjusting your calories accordingly? Eat less during the week to give yourself some extra at the weekend. Knocking 200cal a day off your Mon-Fri gives you an extra 1000 for the weekend!
  • TracyL963
    TracyL963 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    jst1986 wrote: »
    Have you considered adjusting your calories accordingly? Eat less during the week to give yourself some extra at the weekend. Knocking 200cal a day off your Mon-Fri gives you an extra 1000 for the weekend!

This^

It's called zig-zagging. Weekends are harder for me also, so I give myself a little wiggle room.

One day here, one day there - weekly average is good also.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,115 Member
    Options
    1000 calories over goal could still be maintenance if set at losing 2lbs per week.

I don't believe in 'punishing' myself for going over goal. Life happens, festive occasions happen. The key is:
    - to keep an eye on the weekly target (as suggested above, you could eat a bit less during the week to have room for an indulgence on the weekend)
    - to keep in mind that going over goal is not the same as going over maintenance - a rate of 2lbs per week gives a margin of 1000 kcal per day, 1lb per week is a margin of 500 kcal per day, etc.
    - to make sure you don't splurge too frequently if you're really going over maintenance.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    As The Rock says, it doesn't matter. It's about what you do on the majority of days. No need to punish yourself, but do track everything, and do try to learn from it. Is your weekly routine too challenging? Could you have had healthier substitutions to reduce that calorie surplus a bit?

If I've binged more one day I may have a bit less than normal the day after, simply because I'm probably still quite full from the day before so it's easier.
  • jasonwhiting2
    jasonwhiting2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ur allowed to cheat days a week as long as you get back in the routine on the start of the new week.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,231 Member
    Options
    Ur allowed to cheat days a week as long as you get back in the routine on the start of the new week.

Please explain what you mean by this?

I don't call anything cheating. Who are you cheating? I sometimes call them TREAT days. While not ideal to go totally off the rails, one day won't matter in the long run, and we are all in it for the long run. Don't wait for next week to get back in the routine. Start TODAY. The OP was 1000 calories over for one day. ONE day. That's easy to fix. If that were to last a week, it's two pounds of fat. If in maintenance, that will take a while to get back off unless a person goes back into deficit, intentionally, for a while. At 250 calories per day deficit, it would take a month to "make up" for a "cheat week."