My journey has just begun

Options
Hello,

My name is Stacey and under the care of my doctor, I am on a semi-glutide to help me overhaul my health. I want this to be a lifestyle change and not gain the weight back, so this app was a recommendation on how to learn how to do that. I want to shed 50lbs, build muscle, feel better mentally and physically and enjoy life after 50. My nutrition knowledge sucks and I really hope to learn from using this app.

Thank you,

Replies

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Welcome Stacey! Being an advocate for your own health is the best gift you can give yourself. I wish you success with your new lifestyle! :)
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,414 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Stacey!
  • jaclynkay92
    jaclynkay92 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome Stacey. I am on something similar I am going to add you as a friend. Add me if you would like to walk this journey together.
  • deannejarema
    deannejarema Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Stacy! I too am working with health care professionals with semi-glutide as well as introducing Hormone Replacement Therapy. I am 61 and had no testosterone nor estrogen. I had my first tablets inserted in February and wow! What a difference. I go back in June for my next dose of hormones, which will increase. I can feel that it has worn off. The best part was how it has complimented my weight loss and increased my sex drive! In February, I weighed 208. I am 5'6". Today I weighed in at 179! I am really proud of myself. Myfitnesspal has taught me to increase my protein while controlling my appetite. I log everything. I also lift weights 3x's a week. I am more accountable by going into my doctors office every week for my injections and weigh in. Good for you! You can do this!