• wewillbskinny
    wewillbskinny Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Day 9
    208.9. - Starting weight
    202.4 - .9 lbs today
    -6.5 lbs Total

Good Morning all!

Yesterday was a crazy day! It started off fine. I started with laundry. Seems like laundry never ends.... Then my day got completely away from me and I ate VERY late at night. I figured it was better to eat the calories then skipping and totally confusing my metabolism. I hope it doesn't come back to bite me later in the week.

On an exciting note, On Sunday I found two TINY baby fish in my aquarium. My molly fish must have had babies. I knew she was fat, but she seems to stay that way, so it was a complete surprise! So much fun looking for the babies in the plants. 🙂

Have a great day everyone!
  • Awegg05
    Awegg05 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    @wewillbskinny the 100's are righr around the corner for you, how exciting!!
    We also have a laundry problem. Plus being with the baby all day and the laundry being two floors under us, it's not convenient to keep up with the loads. I do what I can 🤷‍♀️
    How exciting, baby fish! My fiancé has a shrimp tank and he's obsessed. The babies are SO little.
    My fiancé's mom is in the ER. She found out this past month that she has multiple myeloma and has started treatment for that. My fiancé is the baby boy of the family and having a hard time dealing with all of this. He's on his way home from work "just in case she needs anything". I hope everything works out okay.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Apr 9 I give up!! TWICE I have managed to hit the wrong key and erased my post. (What I get for doing this on my phone)

A bit tired from a long day yesterday. Eclipse was quite a show, despite being a bit hazy/cloudy. Food, steps and sleep all good.

Will get back to everyone tomorrow.

itsrudu4ae0k.png
  • jan110144
    Options
    Dat 9 - All went well. Sleep, food and exercise all on target.

@wewillbskinny It did not dawn on me that I was starting on AprilvFools day😁 Congrats to you on an excellent week one. On to a successful week 2.

@Awegg05 I hope your fiancé's mom is doing ok. BTW ... I think you arecdoing GREAT!! Lugging a little one around all day, let alone up and down flights of stairs, has to be worth at least twice the number of steps you are logging.

@krabuck Congrats on starting the C25k. That is quite a challenge. Keep it up!

Have a good day everyone!
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Day 23: 226.2 (+1.2)

Well, almost two weeks with no progress. This is my 4th weigh-in in a row where I've gained. I'm trying to be okay, but it's discouraging. What went wrong? Unlike the beginning, my routine hasn't been quite normal the past week or two. Meals not being eaten on time, or at all. Not been consistent with the gym. Couldn't keep up water intake. Protein was lower. Cut down on fresh veggies, trying to make my meals easier since I lacked time... so! I'm gonna go back through my original meals and start replicating what I was doing in the beginning. It's way too soon to even out.

Goals today:
    Protein goal
    3k step minimum (take baby on walk)
    Laundry still
    Finish bed frame
    Paint mirror

I hope everyone had a lovely day!
  • wewillbskinny
    Options

208.9. - SW
    201.7 - -.7 lbs
    -7.2 lbs Total

Good morning everyone😊

@Awegg05 Please try not be discouraged. Relooking at the meals that worked for you seems to be a great idea. Anyway, you have built in exercise with all those stairs! I hope your fiance's mom is doing ok. So cool he has baby shrimp. I think I would be obsessed with that too. I have now found four baby mollies! The bushes are so thick, they hide in there. Maybe there are more?

@jan110144 Thank you, same to you! I am confused as whether to count 4/1 as day 1 or day 0....Lol. What a gorgeous photo of the eclipse! I also post on my phone and have erased my comments more than once. So frustrating!

I have a bad knee, and poor posture/sore back, so I am hoping as I loose weight both these issues improve.

Yesterday was another exhausting day with late meals, also I came in under my calories...UGH. Hopefully I can stay on track today.

Have a good day!

• Awegg05
    Options
    Day 24: 225.8 (-0.4)

Well yesterday was productive! I got a couple loads of laundry done, took a shower and WASHED my hair, took baby for a walk (it was GORGEOUS out), got over to the new house and painted our mirror. I'd love to share pics of our room if anyone is interested! I put a lot of work into it (my fiancé picked the color and I tried to theme around it). The bedframe is still not complete. I realized they gave me two wrong pieces and I spent a good half hour trying to figure out a way to make it work. There was NO WAY I was dismantling the whole thing, nor waiting for pieces from Amazon. With the help of my step-dad, we figured out a way around it, thankfully! I had a big steak for dinner. My fiancé can GRILL! I've noticed two things... I have a hard time reaching my protein goal. And I have a hard time finding time (and an appetite) for breakfast. I usually font eat my first meal til 1-2p. I do add half a protein shake to my morning coffee which seems to hold me over for a while. I think I'm going to drink the other half as "breakfast" after the gym from now on just so I can make sure I'm hitting my protein (and calorie) goals.

I've already been to the gym this morning. My little sister couldn't sleep so her crazy self joined me. I did my 6k steps and enjoyed her company. My pace was slower, but I went for a longer time and more steps.

Goals for the rest of the day:
    Hit protein goal
    Finish bedframe
    Put up living room curtains
    Continue laundry, of course
    Oh... and work :)
    Pack desk
  • jan110144
    Options
    Day 10 -

Interesting day yesterday. Food - on target. Tried a new recipe, which I HATED! Unfortunately, it was a crockpot dish with many servings (had planned to stock freezer for emergency meals). Also, had ingredients which meant I couldn't even give it to the dog. Unfortunately, the rest went down the garbage disposal. Word to self --- when experimenting reduce the recipe to just one or two servings just in case.

Steps - LOTS of steps yesterday *15,000+). Looks like we are pretty much have solid rain for the next 36 hours, so no walks. So, if I am going to make my weekly goal of 70,000 I have to get extra steps in on other days. Right now I am on target, even if I had no steps today.

Sleep - Just fair. Have no idea why. Sleep is a perplexing thing.

@Awegg05 You had a bus day yesterday!! Glad to see that the scale moved the right direction. The ups and downs (and plateaus) of weight loss can be very frustrating!! I think you are doing the right thing by looking at what you are doing and looking to see if there is anything you can change. If you can finish the other half of the protein drink for breakfast, I think that would be a great idea. Would love to see pics!

@wewillbskinny Losing weight will definitely help the joints. Just changing what I am eating (and eliminating some of the inflammation-causing junk foods) is already helping for me. I don't know if you have tried any exercises, but here is a link to non-weight-bearing knee exercises that are recommended before knee surgery that are also very helpful in reducing current knee pain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZzpEwluf5A . If it comes to that, btw, I had a knee replacement about 5 years ago. I put it off for a LONG time. When I finally did it, I was amazed at how easy the surgery and recovery were. I was actually back to riding my horse less than 4 weeks after surgery. I was, however, in excellent shape before I had the surgery. My only regret was that I waited so long to get it done.

Have a great day!
  • wewillbskinny
    Options
    Day 10

208.9. - SW
    201.1. - .6 lbs
    -7.8 lbs Total

Good morning all.

I finally got a good night's sleep last night. I was definitely needing that. I had a fairly good day yesterday. Kept on track with my calories. I was 22 cals. over, but at least I wasn't under again.

@Awegg05. Nice weigh-in, and what a productive day you had! I definitely think your on to something by trying to eat breakfast. I feel like it gets the body started for the day. I am trying to eat a good breakfast every morning with eggs. Lunch is a bit of a hit or miss for me, (just not too hungry at that time), but I am not skipping breakfast. When I skip lunch it is a challenge to reach my caloric goal, so I need to be more cognizant of eating lunch. I also would love to see the progress photos of your room. 🙂

@jan110144 Thank you so much for the video. It is very informative, and I am sure will be helpful. You mentioned eliminating anti inflammatory foods. Do you have a short list of foods that cause inflammation? So sorry about your crockpot meal. That is a bummer after all that effort...

Have a nice day!

• jan110144
    Options
    @wewillbskinny below is a link that does a good job explaining diet and inflammation and talks about what foods to avoid and which ones to eat

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/anti-inflammatory-diet
  • jan110144
    Options
    Day 11 -

Sleep, food AND steps all good.
    With rain all day long, I did not think I would get steps in, but it finally stopped around 6:30. The dog and I were both happy to get out of the house.

Only positive thing about an all-day rain was that I got a ton of things done that I have been procrastinating on for months.

Have a good day
  • Awegg05
    Options
    Day 25: 224.8 (-1.0)

Good morning everyone! Gonna keep this short and sweet - I'm exhausted and now overwhelmed. I reached my goals I set yesterday, aside from putting curtains up which isn't a huge deal. My brother's girlfriend broke up with him and he had nowhere to go, so the big sister I am, I have him under my wing at the moment. A lot more stress than I was anticipating dealing with on top of everything else, but such is life.

Today's goals:
    "Rest" day
    Laundry
    Curtains
    Pack up desk and kiddos stuff
    Protein!
    Work

@wewillbskinny you're doing great and so close in calories yesterday! Do you track food as you eat, or preplan? I try to preplan in the morning - doesn't always go as planned, though!

@jan110144 we had rain here as well! And so windy! I'm glad you got out for your walk (and still accomplished a lot during the day!) That's a win :)
  • wewillbskinny
    Options
    Day 11
    208.9. - SW
    200.0. - 1.1 lbs
    -8.9 lbs Total

Happy Friday!

I have a good day yesterday, but got interrupted sleep. I take care of my 85 year old mother and she woke me last night at around 2:00am. After helping her I was unable to get back to sleep until 4 am.... I need to find my fitbit or a pedometer so I can start to track my steps.

@Awegg05 Great weigh-in! Life does kind of take us on so many different paths doesn't it. Family is important, and it is nice that you can give your brother the support he needs right now, especially since you already have so much going on.
    I tend to chart calories as I eat them. Not too much of a planner here. I have not ventured to outside restaurants yet. I do get my protein for every meal and alot of veggies with dinner. But remember, I am still in the honeymoon phase. I am sure my losses will slow down or plateau at some point. That is when I will definitely have to introduce exercising.

@jan110144 Thank for the links. I definitely have arthritis in my knee and hands, confirmed by tests. I am concerned I am developing arthritis in my back now... Glad you were finally able to get out of the house for a walk.

Maybe this weekend I will be back in onederland.....

Have a good day everyone!
  • Awegg05
    edited April 13
    Options
    Day 26: 223.8 (-1.0)

Yesterday did not go as planned, but that's okay. I spent quality time with my brother and putzed around the house. I'm overwhelmed 🙃 so much to do, so little time... always

Today's Goals:
    Moving Day part 1

@wewillbskinny Onderland is right around the corner!! 😁
  • jan110144
    Options
    Good day yesterday. Sleep was a bit off target, but food and exercise good. Looks like we are finally going to the the sun today. Will be a good spirit lifter.

@Awegg05 glad you got to spend some quiet time with your brother. Adding another person to your household with everything else you have going on is a real challenge.

@wewillbskinny I am impressed you can just track as you go. I always preplan for the day before breakfast. The worst thing for me is to get to dinner, tired and hungry, and have no idea what I am going to eat. Talk about bad choices !! Obviously, things happen that upend the plan but ongoing, pre-planning is a big help. Fingers crossed that you make it to ONEDERLAND this weekend! We will have to have a virtual celebration!

• wewillbskinny
    edited April 13
    Options
    Day 12
    208.9 - SW
    198.6 - 1.4 lbs
    - 10.3 lbs Total

ONEDERLAND Here I am! 🎊

I got to the Chiropractor yesterday, so I feel a bit better as far as my back goes. I also got a good nights sleep last night, so happy about that.

I did have part of a small salad yesterday from Just Salad with a bunch of different stuff in it. I was not too sure of caloric content, just sort of guessed. So probably ended day under calories.

@Awegg05 Good luck with starting your move. How exciting!

@jan110144 Hope the weather cooperates for you today! 🌞

Have a nice weekend everyone!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    Y’all are crushing it!

ob5atuyhbxfx.jpeg
  • henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Check out the UAC, if it sounds appealing, similar (we have daily check-ins) but with lots of support from other members. It’s a monthly group.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/146266-ultimate-accountability-challenge-april-2024
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    Check out the UAC, if it sounds appealing, similar (we have daily check-ins) but with lots of support from other members. It’s a monthly group.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/146266-ultimate-accountability-challenge-april-2024

That’s a locked group…. We need invites, I think?
  • jan110144
    Options
    April 12

Finally a beautiful day here! AND we are supposed to have another one today🙂

On target for food, sleep and steps. Tried my third new recipe for the week ...Maple garlic salmon. YUMMY!! So, 2 out of 3 successes this week. I am finding effing variety to my menus is really helpful. Instead of feeling deprived because "I am on a diet" I am am really enjoying eating. I am sure there is an important lesson in this discovery.

Busy day today ending with dinner at a friend's house (who is a great cook). Will focus on enjoying the evening and not on counting calories ... just good choices.

@wewillbskinny A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS ON REACHING WONDERLAND!