Net carbs to carbs

Options
Hello everyone
How do I track carbs? I can only track net carbs. I’m not doing keto so net carbs are useless to me.
Thank you
Lorne
Tagged:

Answers

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,918 Member
    edited April 15
    Options
    What do you mean you can only track net carbs? What's preventing you to track total carbs? Also keto doesn't really care about net carbs when the diet is done properly.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,150 Member
    Options
    MFP tracks carbs (not net carbs) by default. In premium MFP, there's a setting that changes things so that it tracks net carbs (not total carbs). If you see net carbs, I'm thinking you must have premium MFP and have somehow turned on that setting?

All of this assumes you're choosing database entries that are accurate for the foods you eat, where you live.

Some countries' food labels list total carbs (such as US labels), some other countries' labels list net carbs. If you're in a country that puts net carbs on the label, I can see how you'd end up tracking net carbs by default in free MFP simply by choosing food brands from your country in the database. If that's the case, the only way I know to get total carbs is to mentally add the fiber grams to the net carb grams (and sugar alcohols if you eat enough foods that contain those to matter).