October Challenge OPEN all month

Options

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hey Jen,

Here in Brazil we speak Portuguese, is kind of similar to Spanish, but I've never really learned Spanish, for me it is very hard, so English is my second language, I'm used to reading and listening, and I dont usually speak ou write much in English, so really thank you for the compliment! :)
    Here in Brazil we have a really great local cuisine, in each different reagion of the country there are different specialities. In my State (Bahia - google up some images, is quite pretty) we have a lot of African influences in the kitchen, a lot of fish and seafood. One of the most famous dish from Bahia is "moqueca", is a kind of seafood dish, it can be made with fish, shrimps, shellfish, etc (also google it up, if you like the looks of it I will send you my family recipie), but althought is delicious is very very caloric.
    In the south of Brazil there are a lot of barbecue, that is kind of diferent of the barbecue from the US...

Ohhh, BTW, the spreadsheet works!! :)

Wow, how cool! I will do some googling this weekend! Thanks!
  • clh126
    clh126 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thank you for organizing this and adding me! My starting weight this week was 133.4lbs
  • Lindsey_81
    Lindsey_81 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I want in on the challenge, Thank you :)
  • Malumyangel
    Options
    I want in! I'm new and excited and want to give and get motivation!
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Gotcha! Welcome! Read over my posts and let me know if you have any questions.

I am almost done with week 1 challenges!!!
  • synret
    Options
    I'd like to join! Thanks for keeping this challenge open. :)
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Jenn...please add me!! Looked at your post earlier this morning and
    thought I bumped...guess not...
    Looks like a great group!!
    Pam:flowerforyou:
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    No problem, Pam.
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to join! i've never been part of one of these before and everytime I look for one no one is doing daily or weekly challenges just weigh ins or they have already started and/or closed.
  • bekkadillon
    bekkadillon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I started getting serious about getting fit on June 13, 2011. I weighed in at 196! I am only 5'3"!
    I have been stuck on 18 pounds for about 7 weeks, maybe this challenge will help me get over the 20 pound hump!
    I will have to find a tape measure, but will get my measurements to you by Friday!
    Thank you so much for organizing this!

SW: 178
    CW: 178
    GW: 146
  • babycinders
    babycinders Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join the challenge. I joined MFP back sometime in the beginning of the summer. A friend of mine suggested it to me but honestly I didn't take it very seriously, only checking in once in a while. A few weeks ago though, with fall starting and all my summer activities coming to an end, I knew I needed to start some sort of a real routine to keep myself busy and active as the temps start dropping and the dreaded "S" word starts falling. lol I've successfully checked in and track my food for two weeks now and also started working out almost every day at home. This challenge sounds like a great opportunity to spice things up and also to make some new friends. My first goal is to try to lose 30lbs by New Years so I can fit into that little black dress that I have hanging in the closet. :)
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Welcome! You 3 have been added!!! Check back tonight everyone! I will be posting week 1 challenges!
  • Jrisl86
    Jrisl86 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!! I'll send you a friend request.
  • StakeItUK
    Options
    I'm definitely in need of some motivation and would love to join as well! :)
  • elz22
    elz22 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    IM IN!!! will post measurements Friday
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    me me me :)

I'm 140 as of this morning.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm in! If I can't find my tape measure tonight is it ok to just post my weight tomorrow and post measurements this weekend when I buy a new one?
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    in in
  • jennmoore3
    Options
    Wow! O.K. Everyone is added to the challenge. Wowza!!!

What do you think of starting a new thread for each week? This way there's not a ton of "I'm in" posts to sift through. And new people can still join...

I'll post the new thread on this thread so people can still find it easily.