Adding your Resturatant to myFitnessPal ( Like Mcdonalds & KFC have )

Options
AffannS
AffannS Posts: 1 Member

How can I create a standardized menu list for our restaurant similar to popular chains like KFC and McDonald's, where customers can easily find all our offerings in one place with a dropdown feature, akin to the example provided with Chipotle Mexican Grill's menu

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,961 Member
    edited April 17
    Options
    The foods in the database on myfitnesspal have been manually added...by either members or (maybe) by the original site developers in 2005. I don't think new ones are added by the owners any more, only by members. The menus and menu items have changed a lot since 2005, for that matter. Lots of things are no longer accurate.

If you want them to show up on myfitnesspal's Food database, you'd have to enter the foods yourself into the database as new foods and then if you want others to be able to see them, choose the share option when you save them.

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,969 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you own a restaurant and want to add your menu to the MFP database?

I've never seen anything on MFP like you describe (a drop down menu for all the items at a particular chain), but if you have, maybe try reaching out to MFP employees, not users, which is who you'll find on the community discussion boards? I have read things that implied manufacturers and restaurants can add to the database in a way that is different from how users do -- it seems to me that one time, such entries carried an authentication mark similar to MFP-created entries, back when that was a thing.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    I have seen the thing you're talking about.

But yeah, here you're just talking to other regular MFP users, not MFP staff.

Some options for reaching MFP staff:

You can private message or tag staff using IDs in this thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10028709/meet-our-community-team#latest

(Use the real staff IDs in the first post, not the moderators further down.)

You can contact MFP support through the Help function. (You can also find the support email address somewhere there, too, I think.)

You could post in this area, not exactly on topic, but MFP staff does read there, and they'd probably be able to tell you how best to proceed:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/feature-suggestions-and-ideas

For a while, MFP had some kind of restaurant partnership program. I think that's where these kind of entries came from. I'm not sure they do that anymore, but I'm just a regular user with no special insight. (I just haven't seen them advertise that feature lately.)

For the information of others, OP's talking about things that look like this in the phone/tablet app (not sure it does this in web MFP):

f88t5fectd6z.png
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    The smoothie bar in my yoga studio had an employee sits down and add their most popular bowls and smoothies.

I can’t tell you how much I appreciated that.

If you just enter it as a “public” recipe with the name of your restaurant l, any of us can view it.

I’d find it particularly helpful if the recipe title also included the year of entry and the name of the city.

Our smoothie bar has changed ownership. I’m going to ask the new owner if she’d share ingredients and let me enter them for her, since I’m probably faster at it than some counter clerk.

Speaking for myself, as a consumer, I’d be MUCH more likely to eat out if I had a better idea of the calories involved.