How long have you hung on to your oversized clothes?

Options
My closet is full of clothes that are four and five sizes too big but I'm having such a hard time letting it go. How long have you kept your oversized clothes?

Answers

• AmyDahlTorres
    AmyDahlTorres Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    When I approached a new season, I'd check sizing and set aside. So essentially, once season, per year. Your loss in weight is someone else's gain in their closet. Don't forget to check shoes; your feet shrink too!
  • leduck1
    leduck1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I kept mine for a year after maintaining a 70 lb weight loss and got rid of them. I have a wardrobe I look good in, enjoy, and that let me know if I gain some weight. I’m not going back!
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I still have one shorts outfit I absolutely love and am trying to figure out how to make them work.

The clothes that i wore--immediately. I kept a few big t-shirts, tie them in a knot at the waist, over Jean shorts--that type of thing. Everything else goes.

Still have lots of tops I never wore anyway. Slowly sorting into goodwill, soft rags, and trash piles.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    @springlering62, looks like you know what to get hubby for Xmas, birthdays, valentine's, etc. For a long time to come.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,444 Member
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    I still have one shorts outfit I absolutely love and am trying to figure out how to make them work.

The clothes that i wore--immediately. I kept a few big t-shirts, tie them in a knot at the waist, over Jean shorts--that type of thing. Everything else goes.

Still have lots of tops I never wore anyway. Slowly sorting into goodwill, soft rags, and trash piles.

If you don't sew, can a local seamstress/tailor do anything for you, for something you love that much? (It could be easy or difficult, depending on construction details.)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,172 Member
    Options
    I am still wearing mine and I am almost 90 pounds down in a year. I have started to get rid of some of them just this past week, and started to get some clothing from thrift stores as I still have some weight to lose.
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am still wearing mine and I am almost 90 pounds down in a year. I have started to get rid of some of them just this past week, and started to get some clothing from thrift stores as I still have some weight to lose.

90 pounds down!? It's time. Surely your clothes don't fit. Smart getting thrift store clothes in the interim.

I'm 5 pounds down from my starting weight. I see the difference in the mirror. My clothes are a little bit looser but not enough to go to the next size down. Looking forward to that!
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm down almost 50 pounds now. Last year, I got rid of all my small summer shorts. I didn't plan on losing weight at the time, because they were cute and I would be able to fit in them now. I recently got rid of lots of winter clothes that were too big. I kept the smallest ones and bought a couple smaller sizes from the resale shop to hold me over. I don't plan on purchasing new clothes till the next season. Then, I plan on getting rid of all the old. Bras, and underware will also need replaced.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,172 Member
    Options
    lisakatz2 wrote: »

90 pounds down!? It's time. Surely your clothes don't fit. Smart getting thrift store clothes in the interim.

I'm 5 pounds down from my starting weight. I see the difference in the mirror. My clothes are a little bit looser but not enough to go to the next size down. Looking forward to that!

I am cheap, and frankly, I work in a setting where I have just been waiting for my new work clothing to arrive from this years ordering. It just did, so I have new work clothing. I also have some other stuff from the thrift store now (picked up this week), so when I need to look good, I can. As for mucking around at home, I will stick to the oversized stuff for now, as I said, I am cheap and clothing really isn't that important to me.
  • mae1658
    mae1658 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I get rid of the clothes that I know I don't love or are worn right away. But I do keep a tote of my favourites and just hang onto them. I did the same when I was smaller and then gained weight and I'm thankful I did, as I now fit back into those smaller clothes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!