Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
I know sandwhiches is a must

Replies

• Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Why are sandwiches a must? I mean, I love sandwiches, but honestly, to lose weight you can eat anything you want as long as you are in a calorie deficit (ie eating less than you use). To lose weight while maintaining health, you can eat anything you want but should focus on fresh produce, getting enough protein and making sure you are in a calorie deficit.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,930 Member
    edited April 22
    Options
    😃
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There's no magic menu.

Why are sandwiches a must? Convenience? You just really like them? For me, I find I can get more for my calorie buck than sandwiches, but I'm also not that big a bread fan.

What do you currently eat and how does that sit with your calorie goal? How can you tweak it the calories of what you have available and enjoy to fit your calorie goals?
  • texasbbaygirl972
    texasbbaygirl972 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Elphaba
    Why are sandwiches a must? I mean, I love sandwiches, but honestly, to lose weight you can eat anything you want as long as you are in a calorie deficit (ie eating less than you use). To lose weight while maintaining health, you can eat anything you want but should focus on fresh produce, getting enough protein and making sure you are in a calorie deficit.

I eat anything I want on a deficit burn 600 calories I stay the same weight
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,359 Member
    edited April 22
    Options
    Elphaba

If you’ve been at this for a few months and stayed at the same weight, then one or more of these things are happening

1) You’re not expending as many calories as you think you are.
    2) You’re eating more calories than you think you are.
    3) You’re building muscle, which weighs more than fat.
    4) You’re retaining water for some reason.
    5) You have an underlying medical condition that needs to be assessed by a physician. That last one is the least likely, but it is worth considering after you’ve ruled out all the other more common causes.

To help you better we would need more information.
    Your age(in general doesn’t need to be exact) your gender, your current weight, what your food diary looks like, what exercises you typically do and how often.

And, of course, we need to know what types of foods you enjoy in order to make better recommendations for you.

So.

What’cha’got? 😇
  • texasbbaygirl972
    Options
    Elphaba

If you’ve been at this for a few months and stayed at the same weight, then one or more of these things are happening

1) You’re not expending as many calories as you think you are.
    2) You’re eating more calories than you think you are.
    3) You’re building muscle, which weighs more than fat.
    4) You’re retaining water for some reason.
    5) You have an underlying medical condition that needs to be assessed by a physician. That last one is the least likely, but it is worth considering after you’ve ruled out all the other more common causes.

Your age(in general doesn’t need to be exact) your gender, your current weight, what your food diary looks like, what exercises you typically do and how often.

And, of course, we need to know what types of foods you enjoy in order to make better recommendations for you.

So.

What’cha’got? 😇

I'm 31
    Female
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options

So.

What’cha’got? 😇

I'm 31
    Female [/quote]

And the rest of the questions?
    💐
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Well, with all the info you provided, it's easy to make specific recommendations for you (not!).

But here you go!

Breakfast: poached eggs on mashed avocado over multigrain toast/crispbread
    Or
    Overnight oats with chia seeds, 1/2 cup milk
    Or
    Smoothie made with ice, Greek yogurt, protein powder, 1/2 banana, 1 cup berries, enough water to get it to blend

Lunch:
    2x medium tortillas filled with 60g/2 oz of roast beef or chicken or 1/2 can tuna, medium tomato, sprouts or lettuce, 1 tbs light dressing.
    Or
    Multigrain bread with 1 tbs Tahini, 30g/1 oz cheddar, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, light dressing
    Or
    3 cups of homemade minestrone soup or chili con carne

Dinner:
    Grilled beef, chicken, fish or pork - 4 oz/100g, 1 tbs light BBQ sauce optional.
    Steamed veggies of choice, like Broccoli, Cauliflower or Brussel sprouts.
    1 cup rice or 1 medium baked potato, 1 tsp butter. 1 tbs light sour cream optional.

Extras: salads or vegetable soup if hungry. Stick to low calorie beverages or water.
    Snacks: 1 fruit like medium apple, 2 Mandarin cuties or a veg/fruit bar.

This will generally average 1350-1500 calories daily, but could be lower or higher depending on choices. You need to weigh & record everything into diary.
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 750 Member
    edited April 22
    Options
    I need answers about the sandwich. Just why?! The world needs to know! 🥪
  • texasbbaygirl972
    Options
    Well, with all the info you provided, it's easy to make specific recommendations for you (not!).

But here you go!

Breakfast: poached eggs on mashed avocado over multigrain toast/crispbread
    Or
    Overnight oats with chia seeds, 1/2 cup milk
    Or
    Smoothie made with ice, Greek yogurt, protein powder, 1/2 banana, 1 cup berries, enough water to get it to blend

Lunch:
    2x medium tortillas filled with 60g/2 oz of roast beef or chicken or 1/2 can tuna, medium tomato, sprouts or lettuce, 1 tbs light dressing.
    Or
    Multigrain bread with 1 tbs Tahini, 30g/1 oz cheddar, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, light dressing
    Or
    3 cups of homemade minestrone soup or chili con carne

Dinner:
    Grilled beef, chicken, fish or pork - 4 oz/100g, 1 tbs light BBQ sauce optional.
    Steamed veggies of choice, like Broccoli, Cauliflower or Brussel sprouts.
    1 cup rice or 1 medium baked potato, 1 tsp butter. 1 tbs light sour cream optional.

Extras: salads or vegetable soup if hungry. Stick to low calorie beverages or water.
    Snacks: 1 fruit like medium apple, 2 Mandarin cuties or a veg/fruit bar.

This will generally average 1350-1500 calories daily, but could be lower or higher depending on choices. You need to weigh & record everything into diary.

Thank you
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    ddsb1111 wrote: »
    I need answers about the sandwich. Just why?! The world needs to know! 🥪

Sammiches are pretty good.

My husband likes sourdough with some lunch meat, a small bag of chips, and on special occasions, a pickle.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Judging from your other posts (which is all I can go by, right?) you’re approaching this from the scattershot, frantic angle.

Take a deep breath and relax.

This is going to take a while, whether you’ve got a hundred pounds or five to lose. (Having lost nearly 100 myself, I think it was easier losing a large amount than I read from ladies here who “only” have ten or twenty to lose.)

Focus on one thing at a time. Sandwiches? Clearly you enjoy them. So what can you do to make them lower cal and more nutritious? That’s - very simply- the goal.

Maybe substitute a low carb tortilla for the bread. Or change to one of the lower cal breads like Healthy Life (2normal sized slices are 70 calories total).

Change to a lower cal mayo. Use less mayo if you like the full fat. Or switch to mustard or some other spread. If you’re European and like butter on your sandwich, likewise. Use less or switch to a lower cal margarine spread.

For fillings, many deli meat slices are low cal. I use those in a pinch. But I usually cook or grill extra meats on Sunday, and then chop and use them in wraps during the week.

Use a lot of lettuce and cherry tomatoes to bulk it out. Add bell or banana peppers.

Or, consider making a giant salad and putting “sandwich fixings” on top, eliminating the bread altogether.

Congrats, you’ve conquered one aspect of weight loss. Now you can move on to something g else, slowly and methodically, and learning new habits you can keep for the long term.

Weight loss doesn’t have to be Whack-a-Mole, or a whirl of anxiety. I don’t know about you, but I was obese 20+ years. Suddenly deciding I wanted to lose it, I had no expectations that it would disappear overnight. To paraphrase a popular quote around here: Expectations are the enemy of success.