WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Lisa--They have me a meds to regulate my heart and so far it is working. Also a stronger water pill and that is really working. Also the the reults of my bone desinty test and said I am about the same and to keep taking the calumin and iron pills. Also do weight bearing exercise. Working on that and admit it is not going well. I am to call doctor if any changes or heart rate goes up, otherwise go back in 3 months.
    Annie--That's scarey. please take care of yourself.
    Rita--I am enjoying the story and looking forward to the next chapter. You are so talented at this.
    Jinn is begining to think being in the bottle is the only safe place while others are missing, but who does she want to keep her company??
    Heather--Glad you are feeling better.
    Kylia--Sounds like a busy weekend. DGD llos so happy with her car. Hope it is good for her. Our DGS bought his first car this last weekend. Nothing fancy and I told him for a first car he paid for himself it is a great car. Will last him several years if he takes care of it.
    Weekend flew by. Pictures last evening went better than I expected. Looking forward to seeing them.
    Full week of 5 -10 hours days.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE OR IS GINN IN THE BOTTLE :D<3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    🪄🧙‍♀️
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 8min 28sec, 39elev, 2.89ap, 81ahr, 96mhr, 6.22mi= 593c
    Strava app = 763c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 1hr 3min 47sec, 354elev, 116aw, 50arpm, 18.9amph, 113ahr, 150mhr, 20.10mi= 415c
    Strava app = 422c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 3min 48sec, 356elev, 115aw, 49arpm, 18.90amph, 20.10mi= 423c

Total cal 1008
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Mystery: Gretel is sipping some wine when she notices BabaYaga walk in. She suggests to Hansel that since BabaYaga is here, this would be the perfect time to go to her house and eat it. They decide to sneak out the back so Fairy Godmother doesn’t see them. As they pass the kitchen, they notice Cindy, SB, and THE BODY!

Linda
    Jacksonville, FL
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    MFP Weekly Check-in April 22, 2024

Rita in Roswell, NM - Down 2.1 pounds this past week. I hope that continues. I need to stay away from sugar, and products containing sugar. That makes me gain water weight the most. I’ve noticed fruits are ok and satisfy my sweet-tooth, especially grapes! I hope to keep on this trend.

Kylia in Ohio - Woohoo! I lost the 1/2 pound I found last week! I am looking forward to the time I am bouncing with a lower couple of pounds! Have a great week!

Sue in WA State - Maintaining weight at 220. Happy about that. Need to work on drinking more water this week. Hope to make it to water exercise 2 times this week and do some work outside.

Lanette in SW WA State – Celebrating weight a pound below bottom of desired range (looks like I'll be in a new range if this keeps up) and being able to wear sweats that have been too small for several years = waist shrinking a bit. Navigating some lifestyle and dietary changes to pull back from pre-diabetes.

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Mystery: Cindy and SB look down at what is very definitely a dead body, and Sleeping Beauty slaps her hands over eyes and starts screaming. So Cindy started screaming. Then she caught herself, and caught her friend by both shoulders. "Stop it, girl, stop screaming!" She gestured to the body in what looked like a pool of old red wine... "Screaming won't do them any good, now will it!" She turned, and saw Hansel and Gretel peeking at them, googly-eyed, "Go get the Godmother, you two! Someone's been murdered!" Sleeping Beauty, peeking between her fingers, said, "How do you know it's murder?" Cinderella opened her mouth, and as she began to speak, a voice interrupted...
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    re0ipy5npdcn.png
    q4om35bo1lkq.png
    12repv53sgih.png
    sorry the last one is a bit blurry.
    That is most of the flats I got planted for mom.
    Looking forward to going up next month and see how they are doing and start planting in the garden and the raised beds.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options

Worked then called about jury duty. Seems I don’t have to go this week. In a way, I was looking forward to going. I had my tablet ready, I planned to read email, read the paper, then play mahjongg. We were just going to have a quick dinner since I had no idea when I’d be getting home. All that gone. Oh well…. So I went bowling

Seems that the summer bowling league will be regular bowling, not no-tap. In a way, I was kind-of hoping that it would be no-tap and I’d have the summer off. Oh well, maybe next year

Ceramics tonight

Rusty – that theater is gorgeous!

Off to a shower and then bed.

Night all

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Monday: The Chetco effect. Some forecasters are saying 79F this afternoon ;)
    Sunday: Watercress from J & J.
    Saturday: Intermittent showers didn’t dampen dog group.
    Friday: able to dance an extra hour at E’s Upper Chetco School House vac rental.
    Thursday: Derm couldn’t find anything to zap at semi-annual. Productive shopping, scenic back roads way home safe.
    Wednesday: good night’s sleep.
    Just skimming as way behind, but:
    Machka way back on pg 35 “Dentist today ... yay. Mouth all frozen. “ Then read about the old crown taking part of the tooth with it, then Rowan’s painful extraction. ((hugs)) How is it that you can walk down more flights of stairs than up?
    Belated Happy Birthday Teri!
    Michele so sorry to hear about your friend in Switzerland. Prayers and ((hugs)).
    Kim thanks for letting us know Karen is ok. “mom drama” (sighs) and (hugs)
    Kay and KJ always happy to see you pop in.
    Rita et al really enjoying the mystery. Alack no inspiration here… where are Red’s Gran’s dogs?
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    April: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka way back on pg 35 “Dentist today ... yay. Mouth all frozen. “ Then read about the old crown taking part of the tooth with it, then Rowan’s painful extraction. ((hugs)) How is it that you can walk down more flights of stairs than up?
    Barbara

I work on the 4th floor of my building.

First thing in the morning, I often take the lift up.
    Sometimes I also take the lift up if I've bought a few things at lunch.

So today, I took the lift up.
    Then at 11:30 am, I climbed up and down 12 flights of stairs.
    At lunch, I walked down, but took the lift up.
    At 4 pm, I climbed up and down 9 flights of stairs.
    After work, I walked down the stairs.

Total: 21 flights of stairs up & 29 flights of stairs down.

Going down really works the calves.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    edited April 23
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    kevrit wrote: »
    How about all the story characters have a conversation about how I ended part 2 of the Great MFP Mystery. I will repost it here to refresh your memories. I will hold off on continuing until you all add how you would have reacted in your character’s shoes when that happened. Below is the list of characters and the story so far:…….

Prince Charming = Terri. To Fairy Godmother “ (I am having second thoughts about looking for a new bride. Cinders is just too difficult to get out of my heart. I wish I knew where she has gone. I’m lying low for a bit…)

Fairy Godmother = RVRita To Prince Charming “ I will cover for you until Cinders is found. Please reconsider. Oh, my dear!!!! Cinders is at the door with Sleeping Beauty! I have to see what happened to her!!) {In her mind, she thinks ‘I need to do something more with her! My plan is not working!!}

Cinderella = Lisa in AR
    Sleeping Beauty = Allie
    Nosey==Michelle
    Red’s Gran = Barbara AHMOD
    Red === Kylia
    Rapunzel == Machka
    Pixie==Rebecca
    Jasmoor= Heather
    Aladdin == Ginny
    Belle= Joy
    Grettel == Linda
    Hansel == Lanette
    Griselda== Rusty
    Jinn = Vickie
    Dwarf (Herbbette) = Tracey

Please continue the conversation for part 3. Let your personalities show through! 😊

Previous parts in spoiler:
    Part 1.

Our MFP Murder Mystery characters and players so far:

Fairy Godmother [b/]- Rita (Still doting over the disappearance of her goddaughter, Felicity continues to hope that Cinderella will reappear and everyone will live happily ever after.)
    Jinn ——————-Vicki (Jinn wants to get out of her lamp forever and become human. Perhaps her friendship to Rita is causing some mischief?)
    Dwarf (Herbbette) ———Tracey (Like a sister to Sleeping Beauty, Allie’s dependence on Herbbette is endearing to some an annoying to others.)

Red’s Gran ———Barbara AHMOD (having escaped from the Wolf, Barbara is plotting something, but what or who will be affected?
    Red ——————-Kylia (Red came to the Ball with her Gran. Unaware that she is plotting something. Red suspects something is wrong, but what?)
    Rapunzel (Princess)————-Machka (Depserate to get out of her tower, this trapped temptress may have more than one offer on the table… the question is which one will she pick?)
    Pixie ——————Rebecca (Pixie is flitting around the Ball everywhere. She is gathering information about each party guest to report back to??)
    Nosey——————Michele (Nosey is walking from one group of guests to another. Not staying in any one place for very long. What’s this? She stops and writes notes in a notebook between each group. For what purpose??)
    Sleeping Beauty——Allie (With hopes of moving out of the bed, this princess hopes to soon be known not as the daughter of an evil queen, but as the wife of prince that is charming.)
    Cinderella ———-Lisa in AR (After being missing for a month, Cinderella shows up at the ball, dirty, tired, and ready to confront her kidnapper(s). She simply wants to rest first, but the Ball has disoriented her.)
    Jasmoor———Heather (Heather thought that Jinn was her friend and would help her through anything. But now, she is questioning this friendship..)
    Belle——Joy (Having tamed the ‘Beast’, Joy is happily going about her life. But no one knows her true motives…)
    Grettel—- Linda (Wandering the woods and destroying the evil witch, Linda is becoming more confident and independent. But will that lead her to her goals?)
    Griselda (Cinderella’s Stepsister)——Rusty (After years of animosity, Griselda has earned Cinderella’s trust and her place in the castle. Now that Cinderella is gone, will Griselda be next to disappear mysteriously?)

Prince Charming——Terri. (I (Prince Charming) am having second thoughts about looking for a new bride. Cinders is just to difficult to get out of my heart. I wish I knew where she has gone. I’m lying low for a bit 😝)
    Aladdin————-Ginny
    Hansel———-Lanette

“MFP Timeless Tale of Treachery and Treason in a Kingdom Far, Far Away”

“After the mysterious disappearance of Cinderella, Prince Charming is throwing a fancy dress ball to find a new bride. Some of the kingdom residents question how the prince could move on so quickly, while others are jumping at the chance to earn their spot as the new princess in the castle. No one has seen the Prince since Cinderella disappeared and the rumors are rampant!”

During the ball, as the dancing and rumors escalate, someone dies in the palace. Who died? Where? When? Why? How long was the victim dead? How did the victim die? What is happening?????

RVRita (Fairy Godmother) from the Kingdom of Roswell…….

Part 2:

The Ball has begun and people are arriving in droves. The entire MFP Women’s 50 plus group have arrived. The band has begun with background quiet music to welcome the guests. The servers are wandering among the guests with low carb, low calorie snacks, water, flavored waters, wine and diet drinks.

Fairy Godmother stands at the entrance welcoming the guests. Look! Here comes Jinn, Dwarf, Red’s Gran, Red, Rapunzel, Pixie, and Nosey! No one has seen Prince Charming. When will he arrive? The party is for him to choose a new bride. The crowd talks about the missing Cinderella and what they feel the Prince is rushing the search for a new bride.

The night progresses with more questions as it is near Midnight now, but the Prince has not shown up for his own Ball. Questions are floating among the guests as the band plays on.

The guest gasps in shock as Sleeping Beauty has just shown up with Cinderella!!

Fairy Godmother in the mysterious land of Roswell…… 🧞‍♂️🧚‍♂️🧚🧝‍♀️🧙‍♀️🪄

Meanwhile, Rapunzel is standing on the stage singing (because we all know she attracts her suitors with her lovely singing voice) and watching everything going on.

When she sees Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty come in, Rapunzel goes into a rousing rendition of "Do you believe in life after love?"

M in Oz

Then Rapunzel slides into "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outa My Hair" and then into a female version of Elvis Presley's - "I'm Moving On" with Grettel showing her stuff on the piano.

By the time Rapunzel breaks into "I Will Survive", Grettel begins to think something's up.

(Like Machka, Zel knows the words to a lot of songs. :) Unlike Machka, Zel can sing them well.)

R in Oz
    MsElphaba wrote: »
    Mystery: Gretel is sipping some wine when she notices BabaYaga walk in. She suggests to Hansel that since BabaYaga is here, this would be the perfect time to go to her house and eat it. They decide to sneak out the back so Fairy Godmother doesn’t see them. As they pass the kitchen, they notice Cindy, SB, and THE BODY!

Linda
    Jacksonville, FL

Zel and Gretel have taken a break from the stage and passed the singing onto Pixie (Rebecca). Pixie, has taken a break from gathering information and has opted to watch the crowd from the stage while entertaining them with a popular selection of opera favourites.

Zel slips over to Griselda (Rusty), and asks her if she knows where Cindy was and why she looks so dirty. Why did Cindy look like she had been digging? Griselda notices that Zel seems quite edgy ... almost nervous.

"She better not have been digging around my tower", mutters Zel as she moves off to try to find Fairy Godmother who doesn't appear to be in the ballroom.

"Everyone is disappearing around here!" complains Zel. "Who would know what Cindy was up to? Pixie? She's singing. Oh, maybe Nosey (Michele). Nosey seems to know everything."

Zel rushes up and grabs Nosey by the shoulder, "Nosey ... you must know what's going on. What happened to Cindy? Where was she?"

Nosey shakes her (his?) head to indicate she (he?) doesn't know then says, "But someone saw a light on in your tower window this evening while you were here. Did you leave the light on?"

Zel looked horrified for a moment and then ran out of the ballroom.

Machka in Oz