Decide what you want to be and then Be It

Options

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I think we all needed that kick in the butt! :smile:
    a little to far you caught a little of the sack :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Rock on Big D, Now lets hit the gym
    lmao
  • ccano
    ccano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You're right.

But they did have disorders back then. They just didn't know that's what they were. And in extreme cases they would lock them up in asylums and pretend those "crazies" didn't exist.

Sorry, psych major here. :laugh: But no, I get the point of your thread. Thanks for posting it.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I agree with you to a point. It shouldn't be a crutch... it shouldn't be something people post every week (the same people) BUT an important part of this is that we get it out and move on... (MOVE ON!) Some people need to vent and to have some accountability (if not to themselves then to admit it to us) and maybe they just want YOU kicking them in the *kitten* :drinker: EITHER way... if you are one that is sick of it don't read it and FOR GOD SAKES!!! DON'T QUIT MFP BECAUSE YOU CANT HELP BUT READ THESE MESSAGES. :angry:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,991 Member
    Options
    . just do it.
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    seams like every spring we go through this.
    something like 85% of the who start out the new year, give up starting from the first week in Jan through Mar if you make past the first 90 days you may have a chance, but truth be told in the years I have been going to the gym, there are a hand full of people that show up shut up and workout.
    Ok we are not all ready to run 100 mile. but if you won't walk the block you'll never get started.
    BAL BAL BAL BAL
    I like it here I have fun on the boards, and I don't mind helping people out.
    Don't quit all the hard work pays off
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I think the difference lies in taking responsibility for your actions.

I have plateaued because I keep eating too much junk food. It's not a plateau really... it's me being lazy, allowing my emotions to get the best of me and eating that stupid, calorie-filled food.

But you won't catch me whining in a thread about it.
    I chose to do it. For whatever reasons, I did it. No one tied me down and shoved food in my face.
    And when I eat a buffet, I enjoy it, damnit.

So even though I'm a bad eater, I mostly agree with this thread, only because I'm tired of the "woe is me" threads.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I think the difference lies in taking responsibility for your actions.

I have plateaued because I keep eating too much junk food. It's not a plateau really... it's me being lazy, allowing my emotions to get the best of me and eating that stupid, calorie-filled food.

But you won't catch me whining in a thread about it.
    I chose to do it. For whatever reasons, I did it. No one tied me down and shoved food in my face.
    And when I eat a buffet, I enjoy it, damnit.

So even though I'm a bad eater, I mostly agree with this thread, only because I'm tired of the "woe is me" threads.

thank you Lauryn
    ,,,,,if you decide to eat crap ...then go ahead...fine....good for you,...but dont whine like someone forced you to eat it....take responsibility...dont blame your spouse or your kids or your dog.....
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    thank you Lauryn
    ,,,,,if you decide to eat crap ...then go ahead...fine....good for you,...but dont whine like someone forced you to eat it....take responsibility...dont blame your spouse or your kids or your dog.....

Usually, my dog is the only one in the house actually eating crap...
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    thank you Lauryn

bahahahaha!! I like that....I would have said my hubby, cause i am woman, and of course always right :wink: :laugh:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    thank you Lauryn

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    So basically you are whining because you are tired of hearing other people whine?

Therein lies the virtue of patience. :wink:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Wow-- so here's my beef-- one of my first posts back in July, I took pretty much the same posture, and even worded it more diplomatically and whoa, the crap I took for being mean Marla-- sheesh.

Guess it's better coming from a big, strong hunk o' man?

Oh well-- :ohwell:

We got ourselves in this mess, now get ourselves out-- no excuses, no victims-- we're adults, do or do not!! There is no try.

Great thread!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    That one girl who posted the NO EXCUSE thread caught slack too- Some people just can't handle the truth and want things sugar coated
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Dave, maybe you should take us all to your garage and give us an *kitten* whoopin'! th_whip.gif
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Dave, maybe you should take us all to your garage and give us an *kitten* whoopin'! th_whip.gif

the garage is open 24/7
    when you are ready....
    step inside:wink:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I totally know where you're coming from and I used to have the same mentality. That's why I was never able to really do this and feel confident in myself.

By waking up one day and realizing that food really isn't that important, I started the ball rolling in changing my lifestyle. That is not to say I don't eat well, because I do! I got creative and learned to try new things and I do still have a splurge on occasion.I just don't let it become the norm and take over my life. I am in control of it this time.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Tam- you are a good example,,,,taking control is what seems to work:smile:
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I put a sign in my office at school becuse of this very topic and for personal motivation. It reads "If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." - Anthony Robbins
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I've decided to be a princess. Please treat me accordingly. :bigsmile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    I've decided to be a princess. Please treat me accordingly. :bigsmile:

OK,,,,but only because you are very very very special:laugh: