Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Annie -- check for a tripped GFCI outlet. It looks like a regular outlet with a red button on it. Push the button in and see if that works. A circuit may also be tripped in the fuse box. You can check to make sure they are all "on". Good luck!

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I need to go back and catch up on the comments.

Carol: Believe it or not, I am driving from Middle GA up to Athens for this Grief Share group. I like the Athens/Watkinsville area. My husband and I had considered retiring there. Maybe I will go there in the future.

Best,
    Rosemarie from GA

I am only 20 minutes north of Athens. If you are ever in town and want to meet up for lunch or coffee, let me know!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Read up to PG. 47. Have appointments today so will catch up later…

RVRita
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Allie - So sorry to hear about the little one. Big (((Hugs))) heading to Tracy.

Lanette
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options

More thoughts on being a widow - Carol's comment:
    To me, the term "widow" is simply this: a woman who has lost her spouse by death and has not remarried. There isn't a "best" way to deal with it. We are all different. For some of us, it can be viewed as being alone, being lonely, being by ourselves, being independent, being free to do what we want when we want, taking on new tasks we aren't familiar with, being sad, being lost, feeling hopeless.... some or all of the above, depending on the situation, and lots more I haven't listed.

I also think that having been married while young to the same man for many decades - just out of high school or college, for example, and then losing this person, is different than what others may have experienced that have taken a different route. Being a caregiver for an ailing spouse can add another layer.

I understand Carol's observation that she's "preparing for widowhood". She's preparing for eventual change, whatever than means for her. Just as others of you are preparing for possible life changes in other ways. I don't think Carol is looking at it wrong. Carol is processing and preparing it the best she knows how in a way that is right for her even though she might find herself in uncomfortable territory.

For me, it's been an ongoing process and I've been able to handle some things much better than I thought I would, but I've also failed in areas I thought I had prepared for. I learn as I go, and deal with the uncomfortable a lot. :p

Back in a bit.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

It is like that for my mom- Married my dad at 14yrs old and was married to him for a few months shy of 65 yrs.
    It has been a struggle for sure(for all of us)-her being independent for the very first time at almost 80yrs old. Some choices are a bit off to some of us. Learning to suggest things to her but not so much that she feels we are pushing her, taking over or telling her what to do has been a huge struggle. Still dealing with that.
    A lot, she has been fine with like bills etc, because she handled all of it. Dad had no idea about any of the finanaces.

She is struggling trying to keep up the property. 3 1/2 acres. She does have a little help now but always could use more. She focuses on one aspect but neglects other things.

Time to go walk MIL's dog- Hope to work in my garden this afternoon.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Allie - I'm so sorry.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers..
    Stopped and got Tracy some flowers and left them at the house
    So hope that helps cheer her up a bit.
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Allie, so sorry to hear your devastating news. Thoughts and prayers for all.

Joy
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,105 Member
    Options
    Pg 45