Women 200lb+, Let's Apply Ourselves This April!!!

Options

Replies

• jennbeth1
    jennbeth1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    April 6: 258.4
    April 13: 256.8
    Aprl 20: 253.4

Getting there! I don't think I'll reach my monthly goal, but it was too ambitious, anyway. (250) But I might reach it by the first weekend of May!
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    jennbeth1 wrote: »
    April 6: 258.4
    April 13: 256.8
    Aprl 20: 253.4

Getting there! I don't think I'll reach my monthly goal, but it was too ambitious, anyway. (250) But I might reach it by the first weekend of May!

You're going great! Keep up the good work! :)
  • rhododendron33
    rhododendron33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    25, 5'6
    Starting Weight- About 260 (no clue on the date)
    Lowest Weight- 212 (August 2020)
    Restarting Weight- 243 (January 15th-ish 2024)
    April 15th: 233.1
    Current Weight- 229.4 (this morning)
    Goal Weight- 170 then reassess

Finally broke out of the 230s after yo-yoing there for a while. It feels pretty good.

The challenge this week has been not giving in to the urge to eat my feelings. Between work stress and home life I've always turned to food and the temptation is sooo strong to just keep eating. I managed to stay under my calorie goals yesterday despite indulging in some chocolate and some peanut butter/chocolate pretzel bites without finishing the bag, so I do feel pretty proud of that.

It's so easy to polish off a ton of food when I'm upset or struggling emotionally just for the immediate comfort it brings. I'm trying to remember that the short term enjoyment doesn't help me in the long term, and that even though the taste of the food is a distraction from my negative thoughts it's not doing me any real favors to process what I'm facing. I told myself that even if I slip up and eat more than I should that I'll still track my calories so I can see visually what my intake is (though the goal is to retain my deficit, of course).

I'd love to add in more workouts too, but it's hard for me to exercise because of chronic back pain- still working on a diagnosis so I'm taking it easy and limiting it to short walks and light weights right now. I might take my dogs on a walk this afternoon though- I think the sunshine and some fresh air may do me some good even if it's brief.

It feels like my motivation is being put to the test. I'm trying my hardest to keep on pushing. I just wanna be healthy. I want this time to be the last time I say "I'm going to lose the weight for good."
  • girlinkaz744
    girlinkaz744 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    34 years old
    5’6”
    Starting weight: 222 (Feb, 21)
    Lowest weight: 154 (Sep, 21)
    Re-starting weight: 195 (Feb, 23)
    Goal weight: 165-168

April 1: 176.2
    April 7: 175.6
    April 16: 173.2
    April 22: 172.2
    April 29:

I saw 171 flicker on the scale yesterday, but then had popcorn last night for a snack which always gives me a small + the next day because of the salt. No regrets, though, still -1lb this week! My goal of being (and staying) in the 160’s is soooo close!! But, as everyone always says, it gets harder, not easier, the closer your goal gets. 🤪

My husband and I are TTC and I am on progesterone 2 weeks a month (this is one of those weeks), so I’m also glad to see I can still maintain a loss while on extra meds. In the 2 months since I started my no sugar/low carb eating plan, my cycles have gotten significantly shorter (which was the hope). It’s crazy how such a short time can have such an impact!! I guess carbs really are my enemy right now.. which is great for my weight as an added bonus!

@kristinwoods919 He is so cute!!! Congrats on your new addition!! It’s great to have someone to care for outside of ourselves on this journey. Helps a ton with motivation!!

@rhododendron33 I totally feel you on the challenge to not eat your feelings! This was a LONG week at work for me and last night was my first night off in 2 weeks. I wanted to eat everything in sight as my “reward”!! I ended up choosing to make popcorn (a treat since I usually don’t have the carbs for it) and giving myself 150 extra calories for the day so I could have some sugar free chocolate. So, it still ended up feeling like a splurge but I didn’t eat 4000 extra calories like I wanted to. 😅😅 You go this!!
  • rhododendron33
    Options
    25, 5'6
    Current Weight- 229.4 (this morning)

Went down to 228.4 yesterday, then back up a pound this morning. I ate a TON of salt yesterday (I blame the dang pretzels, hahaha) so I'm sure most of that is water weight considering my calorie deficit yesterday. I'm not letting the gain get me down, just moving forward. Today was day 3 of exercising for at least 30 minutes so I'm pretty proud of that.

@girlinkaz744 It's interesting to see how our food and medications impact our bodies, especially meds having to do with fertility and the like. Best of luck on your baby journey!!!

@kristinwoods919 Your puppy is ADORABLE! I just love Great Danes, her color is so pretty.
  • jaclynkay92
    jaclynkay92 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    31 years old
    5'7”
    Starting weight: 240
    Goal weight: 170-180

April 1: 237
    April 10:230
    April 19:227
    April 26:
    April 30:
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    SW 11/22 - 238.2
    Current weight: 229.2
    April goal weight - 224

4/1: 229.2
    4/8: 228.3
    4/15: 228.1
    4/22: 227
    4/29:

Seems to be one step forward, then one step back. I was doing well with portion management until today. I don’t do well when I go shopping. I just finished supper and while I don’t feel stuffed, I don’t even want to think about how many calories I ate today.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    @KeriA Glad to hear from you! You might not remember me because I’m here and gone, then back again and don’t post much, but I remember you. I’m looking forward to hearing how you like retirement in May. It’s an adjustment, but has been awesome for me. It’s a great time to set some goals without all the stress that comes with working full time. Good luck!
  • embond443
    embond443 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Evelyn.

61 years old, 218 lbs

I had my annual checkup today, found out my BP is high. In addition to adjusting meds for that, I decided it was high time to restart counting calories and start getting the weight down. I recently retired, so I have increased my exercising somewhat, but not enough to keep the weight down.

I don't have a weight goal in mind yet, I just want to train myself to be satisfied with less. This has worked for me in the past, but it does take daily vigilance, which fades when life intervenes!

My modest goals the next few weeks are to keep calorie intake below 1700 and to get up to 7000 steps a day on average. Just doing normal daily tasks, I can get ~3000 steps, so I try to either take >1 mile walks or do 48 minutes on the stationary bike to get over 7000.

Have a great day everyone!
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Jumping in to post.
    March just got sucked in with things. Weight rather maintained. Horror convention was fun. I had figured out some of the money for it. Didn't do photos as I kept calling it the budget trip. Got the main autographs I was hoping for.

I just got back from the Disney trip and doing the 5K. I did take all my costumes that were Tinkerbelle for the theme but with the heat only wore wings and kept with the race shirt. Luckily my running skort company was able to be at the expo despite a notice they were closing. Able to get a new one as I hadn't taken any as I wore out most that I love.
    Race Photos - not happy with seeing my size so it's just the confirmation where I am with weight and need to focus as much as I can

Foodwise - not the best but thoroughly enjoyed most of the things. I'm way up for weight now and already coming down each day with water.

It seems I'm always feeling that I'm trying to figure out what to eat. Lunches is just difficult and needing to plan. Was doing a nutrition challenge that was supposed to be 30 days but seemed to stop last week or something. I was using that as a guide and working from there.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I hadn’t checked in for a while. I was at 203 last week but haven’t weighed this week. My pup keeps waking me too early and I’m out of my morning routine. I don’t think much has changed. I’m not overeating by calorie count but I’m not eating very well. Just no energy with a significant allergy flare up. Is haven’t been able to smell or taste for weeks now. I’ve had this symptom for my whole life and thought everyone did until Covid.

Anyway, I’m now on an antibiotic for a probable sinus infection and hoping to start feeling WELL soon. I want to get back to my exercise routines too.
  • rhododendron33
    Options
    25, 5'6
    April 22nd: 229.4
    Current Weight- 228.4 (this morning)

Leaving for a trip this weekend and not letting myself give in to the 'Oh, I'll get back to it after the trip!' thoughts that like to pop into my brain around times like these. The real challenge is going to be not gaining the weight back during my trip though because I love to try new foods on vacation, aaand most of those are not traditionally considered 'healthy' 😅. I'll be walking a lot so I know that'll offset some of it. I might get a pedometer app so I can track how much I actually walk through the weekend, just so I have an idea of my TDEE. Even if my meals don't come with a calorie count I'm still going to use MFP to track even rough estimates.

Now, to exercise or not to exercise tonight. That is the question!
  • kristinwoods919
    kristinwoods919 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    April 5- 223.8
    April 12 -222.8
    April 19 - 221.7
    April 26 -220.7

I wish this was a lower number. But can’t really get out to walk much. Stupid Michigan weather. Also my puppy wants to play as soon as I get home. I am not mad about that. She is scared of things on out walk so we haven’t made it very far.
  • krabuck
    krabuck Posts: 32 Member
    edited April 26
    Options
    42 years old, 5’10
    Snack queen
    Friday weigh in days
    Heaviest weight : 269 in January
    Starting weight: 264.8 last week or so

April goals:
    Log every day I did it!
    Get through 3 weeks of C25K also did this!

April 12: ugh
    April 19: 261.4
    April 26: 258.6

I was nervous to get on the scale this morning because I attended a business dinner last night, and while I made what I thought were good choices, I didn’t have it planned in my diary.

Feeling excited about my progress, but can’t help feeling overwhelmed at how far I have to go..
  • Crystalwater2
    Crystalwater2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    57 years old
    5 feet 4
    SW: 221

I was given 2,200 calories and 10,000 steps a day by an online trainer. I don't think i can do 10,000 every day, so i've decided to try to do 1,850 calories a day approximately instead. My problem is lack of pre-planning and cooking. I end up eating erratically and late at night and snacking. If I can make it to a whole week and stick to my calories I would be delighted.

It is been years since i've been able to be consistent. I keep getting side tracked by all the different weight loss plans on social media.

• kiteflyer105
    kiteflyer105 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The puppy is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing everyone.

Todays last group was bittersweet in the Eating Disorder's Clinic. The topic was on perfectionism. Lol. That is ironic. It was hard to say goodbye to my group, but I am happy to move on. Onward and upwards. I will be going from Binge Eating to Eating Normally. In this stage intuitive Eating will be applied. I am still required to have dessert, which I don't always like. The key is to eat a wide variety of foods, so my body gets adequate nutrition. Now, it more about feeding my cells so that my internal organs and brain function properly. Food is just food. The "diet culture' in our society is the enemy. This is the first time in a long time I am able to enjoy food, instead of using food as a tool to manage feelings or for self-destruction. I have a more well-rounded view of food. There are no good and bad foods. In a well-rounded diet, they all serve their place.

I have been following what the dietician told me to do this month. I am doing whatever it takes to finish the program. Losing weight is not my primary objective this month. It is to learn more skills and tools to not eat my feelings or engage in more ED behavior, I will get there. =)

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Saturday weigh in days
    Christina
    35 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW (Feb 2022): 200.4
    UGW: 150
    2024 goal weight: 165
    SW 2024: 182.7

🌻 April Goals!🌻
    🌻 April GW: 179

🟡April SW: 182.2
    4/27: 184.4

🟡Stick to weight loss calories 7! days! a week!
    🟡Log everything in grams
    🟡Do not deviate from the workout plan!
    🟡Check in with this thread every. day.
    LOL none of those.

SO... April has been crazy. After we got back from vacation, I got back into everything with a vengeance- following another city advisory committee (bicycles and trails!), rogering up to do a performance at the gym at the end of May, taking on a lot of stuff at work, and trying to better support N's therapy in person instead of her going while I'm working.

It's.... not been great for weight loss. I'm too busy to even think about it, some days.

But! Operation Beach Body waits for no one, and I'm going to keep trying. I ate cereal for breakfast at work this week, and cereal ... does not work for me, haha. I had to have a double serving to even feel satiated, and a double serving is 400 calories, and it just... didn't work well. I'm meal prepping a frittata for breakfasts this week.

Yesterday I was practicing for my chair acrobatics performance and landed badly on my shoulder, so I'm babying it today, and I'll do some splits stretches and practice what I can. Tiger balm is a girl's best friend, haha.

Tag party time:
    @Jcook215 it all starts with food, so your way of doing this is very sound! You're doing great, even with challenges.

@itladyee my babies love watching Boss Baby, lol, so I appreciate the reference. :lol: You're doing great!

@jaclynkay92 hi, welcome!

@Liftslikeagoddess hi Rose! I LOVE your username! :heart:

@sharon81 We all have those foods, jellybeans are yours, mint moose tracks ice cream is mine, haha. Every time that stuff is in my house, I'll eat it until it's gone. I have more than once wasted half a quart in the outside trash just so I would stop eating it :neutral: I hope that the trial does deliver a consequence for that young man- he really needs to see some, for his reckless behavior. Again, I'm so sorry. :heart: And also, way to go on your progress! You're there! In the 170's!

@vedra_b Happy birthday month! I love the idea of committing to yourself for your birthday. I hope it's everything you want it to be. :smiley:

@kristinwoods919 PUPPY! How sweet! And your progress might be slower than you like, but progress is progress!

@p8fgqj5nd4 you're absolutely right, about you being in charge of your backsliding. I will add- it is okay if weight loss isn't always your first priority, as long as you have a red line you won't cross. For example, for me, I used to have 200 lb as a red line after my initial weight loss. Once I backslid over that line, I recommitted. Then it was 190. Now it's 185. Which I saw this week, by the way :lol: It's an ongoing project, but you are in charge! You can do it the way you want!

@jennbeth1 I get it- those hello fresh box meals look so good!

@winterlily611 welcome to the best thread on MFP!

@TonyaL1783 that must have been scary, I'm so sorry, but, you're here now, and you're in charge of your health, and we're here to support you. :smile:

@skintight303 you're doing AMAZING, great job!

@girlinkaz744 you are also killing it! Way to go!

@rhododendron33 the realization about food being such a huge coping mechanism was a big one for me, too. Great job on the movement! It starts small and builds!!

@kiteflyer105 traction gaining will get you there! I'm so glad to see you here, still engaging. Doing a great job. And you're doing so great integrating all the things you're learning from all different types of people, I love that for you.

@sarahfg82 you do have this!

@lisakatz2 of course, welcome! You're doing great!

@krabuck haha, I've had "ugh" weigh ins this month. But we're still here, still working on it! Also, you're doing great!

@nebslp progress is progress!!!!

@KeriA YOU'RE BACK HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII I'm still here, haha. I hope you leaving your job is on your terms, and looking forward to seeing you in the May thread!

@embond443 welcome! Your line "satisfied with less" really hit me like a freight train. I'll be thinking about that one for a while.

@sarah12277 I love hearing about your adventures! You're still here, still trying, which is the most important thing.

@mkculs13 puppies have so much energy and suck all of ours, haha.

@Crystalwater2 meal prep/planning really is one of the best tools in the arsenal for weight loss. The less surprises, the better you can do with weight loss.

Alright, biggest tag party possibly ever?? Hahah. Today, Polish fest at a local church, I've eaten a nice breakfast, time to get moving today.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. So I got my puppy over the weekend. It will take her some time before she can go on a decent walk. But I think she will help with the over eating for a while because I have to constantly stop and take her out side. She is a Great Dane and here is a picture of her for reference on how small she is at 8 weeks old.

We had a few Danes when I was growing up. I got my first Aussie at 23 and never looked back, but I sure miss Danes. Don't want to have to pick up after them, frankly. Plus I worry I'm too active--2 of ours had serious arthritis issues. I know that neutering/spaying later is now recommended, but until their life spans are back up around 12-13 years, I don't think I can let myself get one again. It's hard enough losing a dog after 14-15 years.

I'm struggling--showing a gain of 2 lbs. BUT, i've been so sick with allergies for weeks. New climate as of 3 years ago and sick for 18 mo before identifying allergies as the root. So I finally felt well at the 2 year mark (last July), only to start getting sick again this Feb b/c I didn't realize I needed to go on all the meds again this year.

Still, I love to walk and hike and jog. Knees are bad--TKR on July 17 for right knee or maybe, if I am lucky, both at the same time.

Now it's plan and log and jog only every 4th day. I can walk and hike pretty well but will have swelling and stiffness unless I do nothing, and frankly, that's not an option for me.

Hang in there, all.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,086 Member
    edited April 27
    Options
    I'm Charissa
    63 years young
    [Stats & Goals and updates]
    Starting Weight: 223.6 January / 0
    Starting Weight: 215.0 February / 8.6
    Starting Weight: 215.4 March / 8.2
    Starting Weight: 219.2 April / 3.8 ( as of 3/28/2024)
    Total Loss = 4.4

Goals for 2024 > Trend downwards. My ultimate goal weight is between 140 - 150. While I'd like to lose about 5lbs a month, I'm focusing instead on actions that could/should result in that loss.
    2nd Quarter Goals
    - Exercise - 6x a week ~ changed worked out (ST 2 days per week per body part), Added HIIT
    ✔️April - added HIIT, started with a slight jog then reduced to more of a less impact fast walk
    - Water - working towards 80 to 100 ounces daily ~focusing on hitting 64 for 2 days and 80 for 1 day, then continually increase each week.
    ✔️ Doing extremely well. Almost consistently hitting 80. I bought a new water jug that holds 50 ounces so need to only fill it twice per day.
    - Better Nutrition *Work in Process * Planned the entire month of March April dinners using skinnytaste.com.
    ✔️ Made many new meals then ran into my issue with portion control. If I tastes good then I'm more likely to over do it. So....being more mindful of this.
    - Less Alcohol * Work in process. Struggling here as I just want my wine or whine🙂
    - January ✔️ February ✔️ March ❌
    ✔️Beginning of April was not good but the last week (since 4/22 been AF)
    - Get back to 10,000 steps a day (minimum) ~ the HIIT workout (on treadmill) is helping with steps.
    - Target 10 times for April.
    ✔️ Let see if I hit it....8 DAYS over as of 4/26. Trending 10k today...gotta get it before May!
    My Mantra:

🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!
    Eat well 🥗to Live Well 🚢✈️🧳
    H2O - Make it Flow 💦💦💦

4/6 219.8
    4/13 218.6
    4/20 218.6
    4/27 216.0

Mini Goal - want to see 213 by 3/30!!! Yes! Try again...6.2 lbs by 4/30/2024

@winterlily611 and @TonyaL1783 ~ Welcome!

@lisakatz2 ~ I'm not the owner but I'm sure you are welcomed to continue your journey here. We all need support!! Congrats on reaching Onederland!

@KeriA ~ Congrats on your retirement! In about 2 months I plan to go to part time 16 to 20 hours as week (ie: 2 days) and see how long that works...then retirement, here I come.

@rhododendron33 ~ Congrats on getting to the next decade and controlling the urge to eat your feelings. You got this!!

@kristinwoods919 ~ how cute your puppy! I can't wait to get another dog.

@girlinkaz744 ~ you are soooo close. Keep pushing and that flicker will be in the 160's!