Hi

Options
Amy7426
Amy7426 Posts: 2 Member
Amy from Colorado 45 year's old looking for support please
Am widowed after 27 years of marriage
It's been a few months since I've lost my heart ❤️ I need to get motivated to get my own life on the right track
I love fitness and it's my go to when everything is crazy 💋
Tagged:

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,418 Member
    Options
    Hello, Amy, and welcome!

I'm an MFP old-timer and also a widow myself, which happened at similar age (43). The difference for me is that 43 was about 25 years ago. I remember feeling very dislocated for a time, numb, going through the motions. I new I needed to redefine myself, and that my husband would want me to go on with life and to be happy.

I think you're doing the right thing in trying to get hold of the reins and drive yourself into a new phase of life . . . but it is challenging. I'm glad to hear you have fitness as a focus, as part of moving forward.

I wish you the best!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,302 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Amy!

My condolences for your loss. While you get adjust to the feeling that your world is spinning out of control, I hope you regain a sense of control and self through your time here.

Oh, and as one Coloradan to another, welcome again.
  • Candicjackson
    Candicjackson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy, Im Candice. Consider your new life starts now! Welcome. I'm new too. I would love to be friends!
  • missXcina
    missXcina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy!
    I'm Christina - Widowed after 10 years of marriage, 13 as a couple. It's been 2 years since I lost my love. You will be ok, babe. I promise. It is a rough road, but you are strong and you carry your love in your heart and all your memories move forward with you - and they make you better, even when they hurt. Feel your feelings. Get support. Smile. Feel the sun on your face. Rest. Breathe. You can do this.