Leveling out carb intake per meals and snacks

Options
Is it critical to keep carbs to 45g per meal and 20g per snack(3)? Shooting for 200g per day. Working to get A1c down. At 6.5 now

Answers

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,970 Member
    edited May 2
    Options
    Well if a Doctor or whomever told me I needed to consume 45g's of carb per meal (assuming 3 meals) then another 20 for 3 snacks I'd be finding another diabetes doctor.

That basically equates to elevating blood glucose 6 times per day in an average 12 hour eating window (using 8am to 8pm) which translates into a spike in glucose every 2 hours and considering when someone has elevated glucose levels from diabetes it takes more than 2 hours for those glucose levels to come back down to base line which pretty much leaves that person with elevated glucose all day, that's not good. Unfortunately that is the normal conventional wisdom. It's not surprising that most ADA's say that diabetes is a progressive disease with no cure when for the last 50 years that has basically their advice as well. I was IR and lowered my carbs and reversed the threat of diabetes and have maintained this status for over a decade and that works for everyone that does that. So yeah you could eat those amounts of carbs and maintain a level of inflammation and IR that is acceptable apparently, or you can find another solution, it's your life. This of course is my opinion, which is considered contrarian.