LESS Alcohol ~ MAY 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words about my dog. However I was ambushed at my door by my daughter and grandchildren and then my husband who "changed my mind...look how perky she is!" This was 20 minutes before her appointment.

They made me feel like the Grim Reaper. Apparently they prefer her to suffer. I took her to the vet and vented to her. She said, " she had a good day. She perked up when she saw your daughter. How are the rest of her days? Wouldn't your husband want her last day to be a good day instead of a bad day?" I had no answer for her as I agreed with her. Nevertheless, she gave her a pain shot and I took her home.

The next time I am not telling anyone, nor giving them the chance to say goodbye. I cannot tell you the roller coaster of emotion I went through yesterday. I felt completely thrown under the bus by my husband and daughter.

Thank you, Miss May for keeping this vital thread going. I plan on remaining totally AF as my liver enzymes were high last blood test and the Dr told me no more drinking. Not moderation; none.

My heart is aching for you - it's so incredibly difficult to make this decision and then to have family change must be agonizing. I think you have the right idea to just go it alone when you decide the next time is right.
    I hope your enzymes start to drop with all the work you're putting into your AF lifestyle.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    1 - A
    1 - LA
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @chicbuc I can get behind your “wine” decision! Princess and you are very blessed to have each other.🥰
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Thank you @NonnieDoiron . Sounds like Sunday brunch [without the Mimosas].
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Kicking off summer soon and my DH and I are working hard to spruce up the backyard. We have an annual family reunion here in August. But also excited for a few fun trips with family too - have plans for May, June and July getaways. This means planning ahead and realistically for food and wine.

May goals: more AF days than last month! A minimum of 18.

Overall goals: get good sleep and make time for getting outside. Also drop the 2 lb. gain that arrived and wants to hang around lol. Will focus on good nutrition (1200-1500 calories) and then maintenance through August.

May current:
    AF - 1
    A - 1
    LA - 0
  • NonnieDoiron
    Options
    AF = 3
    A = 0

Still no wine. Visited MIL and though she was just back from dialysis and tired, she looked more rested than she was the last time I saw her.
  • NonnieDoiron
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 I’m glad we could give you a laugh especially while your on this emotional roller coaster with your friend’s estate. As for accountability even if you can’t come here to post, at least write it down. Keep a notepad by the bed and just tally it every night as you go to bed. When you have time and energy, you can give us an update. I hope you enjoy your beach weekend!
  • NonnieDoiron
    Options
    This popped up in my TikTok today. If you have TikTok, take a listen. Motivation for your end of week!

https://www.tiktok.com/@terrykaye/video/7364842976322850090?_t=8m4HgDyiPfO&_r=

I needed to hear it! Do you?