Tracking but not losing 😭

Options
I have been tracking my calories and macros since end of February. All I drink is water all day long, at least 60-100 oz a day. I walk at least a mile everyday and get 8,000-11,000 each day. My starting weight was 148.8. My goal is 130. The lowest I’ve gotten is 147.1 and I keep fluctuating between 147-149. I don’t understand why I’m not losing! Any insight or advice??? Getting desperate 😭

Replies

• csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    What did you put in as your daily activity level? What if you tried lowering your activity level to the next level down (less active than you thought)?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,957 Member
    edited May 4
    Options
    I walk at least a mile everyday and get 8,000-11,000 each day.

What does this mean?

If you're referring to steps per day, 1 mile is about 2000 steps. If you walk 1 mile each day, you're walking 2000 steps.

• dianedebruhl
    dianedebruhl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I get 8,000-11,000 steps or more each day and that includes my one mile walk.
  • TracyL963
    TracyL963 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    How long have you been tracking? The reason I ask is that when you are close(r) to goal weight, weight loss will be slow. Expectations should be in the 1/2 pound a week area.

1/2 pound a week is a 250 calorie a day deficit. There's not a lot of wiggle room for inaccurate logging. Do you weigh your portions with a digital food scale? Check your entries. Food listings here are crowd sourced, lots of flat out incorrect entries.

This graphic is excellent
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10179969/weight-loss-flow-chart-2-0/p1
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,029 Member
    edited May 4
    Options
    Keep in mind that NONE of us are tracking perfectly. The entries we find on MFP aren’t always fully accurate. The calorie count on the bags of food we buy only have to be accurate within a RANGE. Sometimes the first step is being willing to say “i am trying to log accurately and i thought i was there but it seems im at maintenance.” If I was at that point, I would shave calories off my goal. I could continue logging as I was previously and be giving myself that new margin of error to compensate for being a little off.
  • the_reflex
    the_reflex Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's likely that your body has reached a point of maintenance where energy in equals energy out. You will need to either exercise more or eat less to start losing weight again. What I have found: weighing daily helps a lot. If it's been more than a week since I have a new low, I know I'm eating too much.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    the_reflex wrote: »
    It's likely that your body has reached a point of maintenance where energy in equals energy out. You will need to either exercise more or eat less to start losing weight again. What I have found: weighing daily helps a lot. If it's been more than a week since I have a new low, I know I'm eating too much.

For a woman who has monthly cycles, and maybe for most people, IMO a week is really not long enough to be sure. If loss gradually tapered off to nothing, that's one scenario: More likely the person may be at maintenance calories. If loss was going on at a good clip and stopped suddenly, I think it's more likely the scale stall is about water weight or extra digestive contents on the way to the exit.

Though it's not the most common pattern, some women here have reported only seeing a new low once a month, at a particular point in their cycle. There are others who have a "stall and whoosh" pattern, i.e., looks like a stall then comes a sudden drop. Bodies are weird.

I like daily weighing, too, personally, and it does minimize the chances of one weigh-in day being atypically low and the next one atypically high, falsely looking like no progress. But it's not at all uncommon IME for water weight weirdness to mask fat loss on the scale for multiple weeks. I wouldn't necessarily expect to see a steady drop unless losing really quite fast, and feel like fast loss isn't necessarily a great thing. Situations differ, though.
  • auzziecawth9502
    auzziecawth9502 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When you say tracking are you guesstimating or actually weighing everything? If you aren’t weighing I guarantee you are taking in more calories then you think you are.