60+ female- trying to get healthy/ Looking for a group

Options
Hi everybody! Hope you’re doing well. I recently got serious about my health as I’m pre-pre diabetic and felt horrible. My GP said I was fine but my did not feel well. I started a program called JumpStart MD, got a bunch of blood lab work and learned I was way below normal range in several of hormones. I started taking progesterone, estradiol, testosterone cream,armored thyroid, as well as trying to do the strict keto diet to kick in the weight loss. I’m trying to excercise daily as have incorporated heavier dumbbells and I can finally feel that the weights are making a difference.
This May I will be turning 61 and I’m scared that I will become diabetic as it runs in my family & I used to be athletic but ankle injuries and inflammation was troubling me. I’m beginning to feel better and learning about the effects of hormone therapy and wish I could find a group for women 60+ looking to add muscle & protein in diet. I realized that weightlifting and eating better is self-care and I can’t afford to neglect my health. Seeking friends to inspire me as well as inspire others in my journey. I’m on Strava for my walking and workouts too. Cheers to our health journey!! 💪💕

Replies