Intro

Options
jilliesads
jilliesads Posts: 1 Member
Hello, I’ve been tracking food for the last week or so. Using different formulas for macro percentages while staying under calorie goal. The most difficult part for me so far is getting all my protein in (even with Bone Broth Protein) and a 14 hour fast- the fast itself isn’t hard now, but my schedule changes from day to day based on my pickleball schedule. I’m also trying to be more balanced with exercise, so instead of playing pball for hours, I’ve added cycling and walking. I have not started weights or stretching yet.

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Jill! Sounds like you're off to a good start.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,436 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

In case you haven't already seen it, this thread might help you identify some calorie-efficient protein sources you don't already have in regular rotation:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also

Another thing that might help is something I did (as a vegetarian) when first trying to get adequate protein on reduced calories: Review your diary, and find foods that have relatively many calories, but not much protein, that important to you for other nutrition, satiation, or tastiness reasons. Consider substituting other foods you enjoy in those roles that do have at least some protein.

There are veggies with more protein than others, grains with more protein, veggies with protein, things like breads with more protein, snacks with protein, even some fruits with a little protein. Those may not huge amounts of protein, but the small bits through the day can add up. Also, some of those sources may not be as complete in essential amino acids (EAAs) or as bioavailable as animal-source proteins and soy, but varying them will compensate for that to some extent.

Best wishes!
  • 82j62j8jzh
    82j62j8jzh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Non-fat plain Greek yogurt is a life hack! Packed with protein and low in cals. Try adding in a protein shake daily as well. Get into a good weight training routine, I personally do and upper body, lower body, core and cardio split. Consistency is key, so find a good routine and stick with it. My schedule constantly changes too so I feel you there. Just make the time when you can, even if it’s only 20 or 30 minutes. All about consistency. Best of luck 💪