Women 200lb+, Let's Find A Way This May!!!

Options

Replies

• jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Jennifer
    Monday weigh ins

SW: 241 May 2018
    Restart: 236.2 4/18/24
    CW: 230.8
    Mini Goal: 210
    GW: 160

May start: 231.8
    5/6: 230.8

Dinner party went well. I did not go overboard with my eating and I did have one adult beverage. One thing I want to improve this week is water and movement. These seem to be where I struggle the most.
    Mother's day this weekend, so I need to move more to have some wiggle room with my food.

Hope you all have a great week.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Thank you @RavenStCloud
    Keri
    71 years old
    5'6"
    SW: 266ish, Last week 262,
    CW: 260.
    Next Goal weight: Get back to my typical weight this past year at between 250-255
    Halfway GW: 199.5
    UGW: 150 (healthy weight) then reconsider
    April GW: Get back down to near 250

Hello I am back after 1 1/5 years of full-time work when I didn’t have time to get on here. Recently with a stressful last week of full-time and celebrating semi-retirement I gained some. However I think that is already coming off.

The difference now is that I always gain when I work full-time and I am able to lose when I don’t work full-time -the economic downturn I was unemployed for a while (lost 40 lbs.) and during the pandemic (20 lbs.). So I feel I know how to slowly lose this weight. However before I didn’t have any health issues. Now I do have some but eating right and getting stronger should help.

🌼Will you be trying anything new this month? Or is it back to the tried and true methods that have been working for you so far this year?
    I am back on MFP, back on this group and am transitioning to full-retirement. My1st retirement goal is my health.

🌼What are you looking looking forward to this May? Is there anything you're worried about for the rest of spring?
    Setting up a healthier routine and start at getting more exercise and eating healthier which for me is cooking healthy meals at home.

🌼And what is one thing you'd like to remind yourself (and others) not to worry about or stress over this month?
    Remember this is a transition period and I don’t have to do it all right away.

🌼Will you be trying anything new this month? Or is it back to the tried and true methods that have been working for you so far this year?
    I am setting up a new schedule based on working between 15-20 hours instead of full-time.

🌼What are you looking looking forward to this May? Is there anything you're worried about for the rest of spring?
    I am looking forward to having more time where I can chip away at things I need to get done. I am alot weaker than I was lately so I am looking forward to getting stronger. I missed this group.

I post weigh-in when I lose. I weigh daily when I am trying to lose weight.

May GOALS!
    ⭐ Aquafit 2 days a week and walk between, add in a day of weight training,
    ⭐ Plan and cook healthy meals at home
    ⭐ Work up to Logging daily on MFP and tracking on my spreadsheet start by checking in more so I can keep up with the posts on this thread better.
    ⭐ Eat at a sensible deficit - staying within my calorie goal (I am staying with the one I had before and seeing how that goes
    ⭐ Drink plenty of water and get enough sleep
    @readgal89 I am researching things that help metabolism etc. I do try to get more cinnamon but heard you need to use Ceylon cinnamon. I put cinnamon in my oatmeal and I try to use a half a banana to sweeten it instead of sugar. I am thinking of finding or making chai tea with cinnamon and other healthy spices but have to figure out to make it slightly sweet without sugar.

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,100 Member
    Options
    I'm Charissa
    63 years young
    [Stats & Goals]
    Starting Weight: 223.6 January / 0
    Starting Weight: 215.0 February / 8.6
    Starting Weight: 215.4 March / 8.2
    Starting Weight: 219.2 April / 5.2
    Starting Weight: 218.4 May /

Goals for 2024 > Trend downwards. My ultimate goal weight is between 140 - 150. While I'd like to lose about 5lbs a month, I'm focusing instead on actions that could/should result in that loss.
    2nd Quarter Goals
    - Exercise - 6x a week ~ changed worked out (ST 2 days per week per body part), Added HIIT
    - April - added HIIT, started with a slight jog then reduced to more of a less impact fast walk
    - Water - working towards 80 to 100 ounces daily ~focusing on hitting 64 for 2 days and 80 for 1 day, then continually increase each week.
    - Now consistently between 90 - 100 :)
    - Better Nutrition *Work in Process * Planned the entire month of March April dinners using skinnytaste.com.
    - Made many new meals then ran into my issue with portion control. If I tastes good then I'm more likely to over do it. So....being more mindful of this.
    - Less Alcohol * Work in process. Struggling here as I just want my wine or whine🙂
    - January ✔️ February ✔️ March ❌ April a mix.
    -
    - Get back to 10,000 steps a day (minimum) ~ the HIIT workout (on treadmill) is helping with steps.
    - Target 10 times for April.
    - Let see if I hit it....9 DAYS over as of 4/30. But May 1 was 12,717 if that counts🙂
    My Mantra:

🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!
    Eat well 🥗to Live Well 🚢✈️🧳
    H2O - Make it Flow 💦💦💦

5/4 218.4
    5/11
    5/18
    5/25
    5/31

Will catch up in the thread later.... Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Tsalite
    Tsalite Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Just getting back into a fitness regime this week. Weighed myself this morning and was surprised to see that the number was higher than I've been at, so obviously I need to make some changes. For me, it's as much for vanity as it is for health and well-being.

CW: 210
    GW: 160
    Goal: more hiking and happier joints
  • itladyee
    Options
    @Jcook215JC ~ I am always interested in what a dietitian has to say, and I am still struggling with the higher calorie range that has been suggested lately. It’s probably a good thing. I started off at 1850 and lost about 8 lbs and then went down to 1650 and the scale is not consistently moving. I feel like I’m more in maintenance than in a deficit to lose, so I may have to try something different. I pretty much steam or grill (air fryer setting ) my veggies ~ spray with a little olive oil, comes out quite tasty! :)

@CupcakeCrusoe ~ I think you have a good focus. I don't think perfection is sustainable.

@LisaKatz2 – congrats on being ahead of schedule. That’s gotta be a great feeling.

@Sharon81 – I am exactly the same as you. I try not to deprive myself of anything because that just leads to binging. When you know you can’t have something, that's the first thing you want, and I’m not that strong. I’m better off having small amounts of everything versus removing something completely. Your dinner experience is exactly me. It’s not the bad stuff. I just finished an experiment during April, making a lot of recipes from the skinnytaste.com website. A few of them were really good. Well, when they’re really good, I don’t just have one serving. It's usually 2 or more. The good news, these recipes are typically lower in calorie so there is a little more wiggle room. I just try to make sure that I leave room calories for that overage because I know I’m gonna do it. I think it’s called portion control. :)
    My attitude regarding exercise is just doing it. Don’t think about it just do it. That's one reason I exercise first thing in the morning. I absolutely hate core and abdominal work. I’m not thrilled about cardio. I try to find a distraction while I’m doing cardio (on my phone). The only thing that is in my favor is that I do enjoy the strength training. I do because I can feel myself getting stronger (as I increase weights) and I feel my body building muscle ~ it’s just that huge layer of fat that’s on top of it all that’s the problem! But, I do hear yoU!! When all is said and done though, you are making some great progress!

@readgal89 – good luck on getting into and fitting nicely into the extra large dress. I’m sure you’ll do it. It’s interesting about the people who ask about your goal to lose weight and find out that they are actually smaller than you but probably don’t look as good. That's actually a compliment to you🙂 What I've learned is that’s where maintaining the muscle comes into play, and that’s kind of what I’m hoping, to keep muscle and the fat disappears, and I’ll have this fairly decent-looking body. That’s the plan. That’s the hope that’s the goal. Fingers crossed. But yes, you are correct, everyone is different and there just isnt't any comparison!

@CeCeFlyy – glad you’re back. I know it’s tough. I’ve been going up and down up and down, but I just try to hang in there. One day it’s gonna all come together. What is the app that you’re using for IF that keeps you on track?

@jenbroussard71 – there is something to that annual jump on the doctor scale even though you’re fully clothed, so you know it will be higher than at home. It’s kind of nice to see that number from year to year to know if you are truly making progress, especially with all the fluctuations that we see from day-to-day, week to week, and even month to month, so kudos to you for getting that marker in!

I was struggling big-time with water, in the past couple of weeks, I bought a huge container holding 50 ounces, so I only have to fill it twice a day. It also has a straw, and for whatever reason, I seem to be drinking a lot more water with the straw. It does keep the water at a nice temperature, not ice cold but chilled, so it’s easy to drink. I’ve increased my water intake from an average of about 50 to 64 ounces to between 90 and 100. I’m gonna get to that hundred mark then I’m going to stay there for a while. I will eventually get up to 120, but if I never get there, I’ll be good at 100.

More later :)
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

My weight is still a complete flatline, lol. On the plus side, I once more got up over 10000 steps yesterday by adding a nice hourlong walk around my neighborhood (thanks, The Walk app, LOTR walk app, and Finch). I also tried out Pokemon Sleep last night, but since my phone is my alarm clock, I couldn't put it face down on my bed (I like the alarm to use light to brighten, so that Whatsisface could potentially sleep through it) like the app wants you to do. Still fun.

Today! Short workday, followed by the last of Babby's swim therapy in school, then preparation for the sidewalk meeting tonight, a nice long walk and chair practice, then cleaning the house, kids get home, actual sidewalk meeting, then bed. Whew. It's a lot. But it's going to be good. Dinner is going to be outsourced- there'll be pizza at the meeting.

Tag party time!
    @jenbroussard71 you're doing great! Glad to hear the dinner party went well.

@KeriA so glad to see you back, and I'm so excited for you to have more time to do the things you like to do (like aquafit!) again.

@itladyee the straw thing is so real! I drink way more water with a straw for some reason, too!

@Tsalite vanity is what is driving me more than health these days, too, :lol: welcome!

Whatsisface keeps getting these candid shots of me, and I actually look pretty good from his (6'0"-1") perspective, haha. This is probably lower than the top of his head, though. I'm 5'4", for reference.
    4tb3toggoyzb.png
    euusfmnzgxqu.png
    Gotta appreciate the progress even if I'm not where I want to be, yet.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • sharon81
    sharon81 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @itladyee somehow it's so good to hear that I do not struggle alone!! Thank you for sharing. It has been so nice out here that I have been tooling around in the yard a bit here and there and have gone on a couple of short walks. Thank you for your kind words!
    @CupcakeCrusoe I have downloaded the Zombie app. I'm not much of a zombie person, but the idea of a story intrigues me. It says that there will be an in app purchase and I have not gotten that far yet. I have not done a story yet but will let you know how it goes when I do and if it does cost money. If I like it and it's reasonably priced I will purchase it. I don't typically pay for apps... so we'll see. Thank you for all the advice and encouragement!
    Weigh in day tomorrow and I am feeling confident. Down -0.2 this morning! hoping for 183. something tomorrow. :)
  • itladyee
    Options

Actually, going back to the tried nd true methods that I abandoned the past couple of months. I find something that's working but then I don't stick to it (why??) because I think I can get around the system. Fails every time!

Getting back on track and seeing the pounds come off...and then sticking with it. I think it's easier to stay with a program in warmer months as there is the desire (for me) to be more active and with more activity there is usually less eating (of not so good stuff).

🌼And what is one thing you'd like to remind yourself (and others) not to worry about or stress over this month?

Don't worry about the number on the scale, just think about how you are feeling and what you can do to make yourself feel even better!!

@danikat15 ~ Welcome back. Sorry to hear of the passing of your grandfather. Disney will be fun! Cute puppies.

@krabuck ~ good advise, just keep putting the work and it will get you there.

@katrose1985 ~ Welcome back! Good luck training for a full marathon. Oh and what a cutie in the picture :) That chicken bowl looks good. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

@40poundsnow @mkculs13 ~ Good luck with the total knee replacements. My husband had one 8 years ago and just did the other a year ago.

@jessicaex_oh ~ Good luck on your journey, let us know how we can help you!

@girlinkaz744 ~ nice job on the trip and coming back to a loss! So exciting and motivating! You held on to the 160's so that's a win!!

@jenjuey01 ~ Welcome! Re Logging, I find prelogging,IE: planning, works best. Then you just go back and tweak what you didn't have or what additional showed up on your plate :) Also, if you find you eat the same foods daily, you can "copy" them from day to day.

@vanzeem15 @beastmode_kitty @Pamelyb ~ Welcome! Lots of newbies :)

@KeriA ~ Welcome back! Congrat on your semi-retirement. It is my plan to semi retire in Sept or Oct (15 to 20 hours a week) and then full blown retirement in 2025 unless the 20 hours seems a breeze and requires very little effort on my part! :)

@Tsalite ~ Hi there. Vanity works as well :)

Wishing everyone a successful week!

• danikat15
    danikat15 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »

@danikat15 ~ Welcome back. Sorry to hear of the passing of your grandfather. Disney will be fun! Cute puppies.
    Thank you. He was 95 and lived an amazing life. Just hit me super hard.

And yes, it's going to be an amazing trip! Driving Rt 66 from MO to CA so there will be some hiking in there as well. Disney Land is just one day lol
  • fenfer87j
    fenfer87j Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Jennifer
    5’3”
    SW: 230
    CW: 215 (15 lbs☺️)

I got to go disc golfing today with my sister, her fiancé, and his brother. It’s difficult for me because I don’t want to go out by myself, but there’s no one to go with regularly. My sister did overheat, so we said we couldn’t do it for awhile. But we still were able to today and it brought me joy!
  • sharon81
    edited May 8
    Options
    Sharon
    42 years old
    5'5"
    SW&HW (10/2022) 230lbs
    Jan 1 Starting weight: 193.0 lbs
    May 1 SW: 183.2
    GW 155
    LW 180.2
    Weigh in day is Wednesday.
    Total loss to date for 2024 - 8.6lbs
    Total loss to date overall - 45.6lbs
    June 1st GW - 179.0

May 1- 183.2
    May 8- 183.0
    May 15-
    May 22-
    May 29-

-.02 from last week so I am happy with that, especially after having an "I don't give a crap, I'm hungry!" kind of weekend. The one think I notice over and over again this time around (for the last time 😉) is that when I do go off and even way off for a weekend, I tend to still be super mindful of what I am doing and work hard at mentally if not manually logging the food as to not get crazy with it. Even when I do, I find that I always find my way back after a couple of days. As I stated yesterday, I am enjoying the nice weather that we've been having... (Rain today 🙁) and that has helped to get some more movement in my day. I went for a short walk yesterday and tried the Zombie app. It just stopped playing the story after it told you to run.... I am not sure if it was supposed to or not... but I ended up listening to music instead.

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

My weight steadiness is really messing with my head! Mercury in gatorade, etc. Also I've been closer to maintenance cals than I might like, lately. So gotta crack down.

Yesterday was great- short workday, swim therapy, nice walk, workout, cleaning, and advocating for improving my city.

Today, work, cleaners come, so I'll come home to a nice clean house, I'll cook the tiktok chicken cobbler, hopefully get some chair practice in, then video games with the bois. I need to put in the grocery order, which means I need to make the meal plan. And I'll probably walk at lunch. In The Walk, my walk story game, I have to get a device to edinburgh.

Tags tags tags!
    @sharon81 so weird! When I did the zombies run app, it would have a section, tell me to run, I would listen to music or whatever, and then it would come back in a few minutes later with the next part of the story. The Walk, their walk equivalent app, does the same thing. Congrats on a loss, however small it's progress!

@itladyee I definitely find I want to be outside doing things more in the spring. :) not as much in the summer, haha.

@danikat15 oooh, nice big road trip!

@fenfer87j oooh , disc golf! I was never good at it, but I loved the idea of it, haha.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • sharon81
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe Maybe I didn't wait long enough... I think I need the walk app instead if I try again. This looked like it had you running for 4 minutes. I'd be lucky to run 1 minute and if I hit end run, it ended the session.... I think... I will play with it and see what happens.
  • readgal89
    readgal89 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 269
    First goal 200

May 1- 241
    May 8- 241
    May 15-
    May 22-
    May 29-

So yesterday and the day before I was 239, but for dinner last night I had a slice of pizza and an anti pasta salad. I feel like the pizza/carbs/sodium is giving me a higher weight. Not worried about it. My clothes are fitting better no matter what the scale says.
  • bugout69
    bugout69 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    May 1: SW 232
    GW: (at the end of the month) 212

My daughter is getting married in a few months. I am on this journey to get healthier and toned this year!

However, it is not easy with all of this stress.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I lost track of time and missed logging Monday’s weigh in. Can’t believe we’re 1/3 of the way through May! SO much time spent at track meets, softball games, karate practice, and concerts this month. Throw in a couple birthdays and viola! there goes the time! Loving it all though and getting lots of vitamin D ☀️ Feeling exhausted but I need to get out the shovel today and dig up some brome grass before tonight’s game. Just not feeling it though 🥱

Eating well has not been happening so I’m making a change as of today. I do much better when I get to stay home and keep with my boring (❤️) routine. Life happens so I need to figure out how to handle it better.

I’ve read your posts and am so encouraged by the progress and dedication of you all. Healthy living is the primary goal here and I love it! Also enjoying the food and pet pictures. Thank you!

Last April weight. 226.6
    5/6. 227.9
    5/13
    5/20
    5/27
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Weight has remained the same for the month at 238. I'll just keep to posting when I can without the month challenge perspective.

Working on getting things packed so I can eventually be at DH's house. Slow going as we have to move things at his house to make room. Went through most of the kitchen last night to see what space I could have and to get rid of the things he hasn't touched in a long time if ever.

A bit unclear if I'll be fully over at DH's house or if I'll be working from mom's house during the day with just sleeping at DH's house. Soon very soon for getting close to either of those though.
  • kristinwoods919
    kristinwoods919 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday weigh in day.
    May 3- 220.5
    May 10- 218.2

I am happy with the weigh in this week. I had to eat late last night which I hate doing. Hopefully the rest of you are having a great week.
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have had a good week so far (weigh in on Monday), but today is lunch with the girls at the office at a Mexican restaurant. This is my first time facing chips and salsa since i got back on track. I plan to drink lots of water and concentrate on the conversation so I am not mindlessly eating the chips. I plan to order fajita meat and veggies. Then there is Mother's day this weekend. I must stay strong....

Hope you all are having a happy Friday!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I've been away for a while. More weight to lose now. I'm back at it and determined. Starting slow with some light exercise daily in the mornings and calorie counting. I hope to do it this time! Hope you're all well