Women 200lb+, Let's Find A Way This May!!!

Options

Replies

• jenhuey01
    jenhuey01 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ReStarting weight: 225 (May 2024)
    Goal weight: 175
    Final Goal Weight:145

Weigh-in Fridays
    5/3 224
    5/10 225.8
    5/17
    5/24
    5/31

Goals for May:
    -Log every day
    -Close all of my rings 5 days a week
    -Walk or exercise at least 30 min a day
    - May goal weight: 213

Struggling with water retention this week, so hoping next week will go down rather than up on the scale.

NSV…hitting 6k+ steps every day. I’ve closed my rings every day this week and I’ve walked and exercised daily.

I took everyone’s advice on logging my meals and am trying to pre-log then update. I’m also trying not to focus so much on every detail, but getting as close as I can for my meals.

Overall I feel good this week. More energy. My house is clean-ish and my kid’s last day of highschool is today. Hope everyone is having a good week!!
  • girlinkaz744
    girlinkaz744 Posts: 23 Member
    edited May 11
    Options
    34 years old
    5’6”
    Starting weight: 222 (Feb, 21)
    Lowest weight: 154 (Sep, 21)
    Re-starting weight: 195 (Feb, 23)
    Goal weight: 165-168

May 3: 168.1
    May 6: 169.9
    May 11: 168
    May 20:
    May 27:

2 days early for my weigh in because I’m going out of town and I wanted to know what my starting point was. I am full of delight, yall!

I got out all my spring clothes yesterday and have been admiring myself ever since. Yes, the main reason I am doing this is so that I can healthy and love a long time but goodness the side benefits of looking FRIGGING AWESOME are fun to enjoy! I still have one set of clothes from my days in the 150’s that’s too small for me, but honestly I prefer myself in the 160’s, at least for now, especially if I am working out and have plenty of muscle. When I hit what the BMI calculator says is a “healthy” weight for me 3 years ago, I just looked hungry. 😂

Yes, I know I sound very shallow but I’ve been trying to get back here for TWO YEARS. Can’t believe I made it!! Now to never leave 💪🏻 I am finding myself more motivated to hit my workout every morning and running errands throughout the day is easier because I have more energy. Hooray!

@jenbroussard71 I believe in you!! I love chips and salsa too!! Chewing gum is my best friend at times like that.. especially if it’s super minty because then anything I put in my mouth tastes weird and it’s a reminder to me that I actually don’t want it in the long term!!

@kristinwoods919 Nice loss!! Congrats!!

@sarah12277 Good to see you again!! I remember you from my last time here. 😉 You got this!!

@nebslp I completely agree, my routine helps me so much when I’m trying to stay on track! The hardest times are when I’m out, traveling, or doing something unexpected. Learning how to cope with “life” without the wheels coming off is a big challenge for me!

@CupcakeCrusoe you are doing a great job of practicing maintenance!! That’s what I always tell myself when I hit a stall. Learning maintenance calories is part of the journey, so you’re just doing that now! Keep up the great work 💪🏻
  • krabuck
    krabuck Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Katie
    42, 5’10
    Evolving snack queen

HW: 269
    SW: 266.8
    CW: 256.8
    GW: 170s

Switching to Sunday weigh-ins

5/05: 255.8
    5/12: 253.0
    5/19:
    5/26:

It’s so wild how one day I can feel amazing and excited for this journey and the next day I feel overwhelmed by how far I have to go. Continuing to remind myself that the only way to get there is to keep doing what I’m doing. It’s such a mental journey!

@girlinkaz744 you absolutely should admire yourself! You worked so hard!!!!! Your post is so motivating!!! If I ever get there, I will be doing the sameeeee thing!!!
  • danikat15
    danikat15 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    SW:242
    5/1:234
    5/5:231.7
    5/11:229.2

Current weight loss:12.8 lbs
    GW: I don't have one. Just want to be healthier and feel better.

Just chugging along here. Feeling a difference in my clothes already so that's a great feeling.

And HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to the mommies out there!
  • mmatcha_latte
    mmatcha_latte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Name: Melissa
    38 years old, 5'8" woman

My Numbers:
    SW: 263.4 lbs (Nov 1 2023)
    May GW: 207 lbs (-5 lbs)
    ✨🌟✨
    1st GW: 199 lbs
    2nd GW: 163 lbs
    Ultimate GW: 140 lbs
    💖🎂🎈💐💖
    Weigh-ins: Sundays
    May SW = 212.4
    5/5/24 = 211 (-1.4)
    5/12/24 = 208.8 (-2.2)
    5/19/24 =
    5/26/24 =
    Total WL/G for the month= -3.6

HI everyone, I'm still here! Things have been hectic so I've just been logging food lately and not keeping up with posting. 🙇🏻‍♀️ I'm still chugging along and earlier this month I reached 50 lbs lost! I'm halfway there to the edge of a healthy BMI... Just have to lose another 50 lbs. 😂

My birthday is on Tuesday, May 14 and I won't be tracking that day. My husband is taking the day off work and we're planning to have a picnic with sandwiches and bubble tea for lunch then sushi for dinner with a French custard fruit tart for my birthday dessert. After that it's back on track, so I'm not worried about one day of indulgence setting me back. 💝 With the help of therapy, I'm trying really hard to reinforce healthier attitudes about food... So this will be one of my first chances to put what I've learnt into practice.🤞

My main goal for this month is aiming to eat 30 different types of plants per week. It's gotten me to get a bit more creative with meal planning and my grocery lists so I actually think it's been a fun challenge so far. It'll get even more exciting going into summer when fresh produce becomes more inexpensive!

I hope everyone is doing well and having a lovely spring! 💐
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Jennifer
    SW: 236.2 (4/18/24)
    LW: 231.8 May 1st
    230.8 May 6th
    226.8 May 13th
    Monday weigh in

Goals for May:
    Walk 30 min / 3x per week - still working on this
    Log daily (and honestly)
    Measure my food when I am at home
    225 on the scale

NSV - I stayed on track this last weekend. I did not eat the chips and salsa, I had fajita meat with the veggies. For Mother's day I chose a healthy option - egg white omelet with spinach, turkey and avocado with fresh fruit. I am hoping to be released from physical therapy at the end of this month. I had back surgery in January and that went well, but when I returned to work I had horrible shoulder pain. I was worried that it was my rotator cuff, but after weeks of therapy we figured out that my subscapular muscle was extremely tight. I had a deep tissue massage with concentration in that area and I am 90% better!

I got on the treadmill yesterday and even ran for a minute x3. It felt good, I am sore today so I guess it will just walk for a bit. I need to get some more weight off so it's not hard on my knees when I run.

Well I am off to PT and then work. Hope y'all have a great Monday...
  • kaferine69
    kaferine69 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Thanks for starting this. I'm currently around 260. Been doing MFP for 3 weeks. My goal is 180 and will reassess at that time.

Kicking all the habits I've learned over a lifetime is difficult. Wanting to turn to sweets and carbs after a bad day is a huge obstacle. And since I have major depressive disorder, there's pretty much always the pull of wanting to bury my feelings within food. Getting out of those habits is TOUGH. It's a process. Some days are better than others. I'm lucky to have the help of my hubby. We're doing this together.
  • readgal89
    readgal89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 269
    First goal 200

May 1- 241
    May 8- 241
    May 15-236
    May 22-

Five pounds in a week is a lot, but I think my weight on May 8th was too high because I had eaten pizza late the night before. Glad see movement finally!
  • sharon81
    sharon81 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sharon
    42 years old
    5'5"
    SW&HW (10/2022) 230lbs
    Jan 1 Starting weight: 193.0 lbs
    May 1 SW: 183.2
    GW 155
    LW 180.2
    Weigh in day is Wednesday.
    Total loss to date for 2024 - 8.6lbs
    Total loss to date overall - 45.6lbs
    June 1st GW - 179.0

May 1- 183.2
    May 8- 183.0
    May 15-183.0
    May 22-
    May 29-

No change.. I seem to be maintaining my weight pretty well at around 180-186... Continuing to make exercising, no matter how small, more of a focus. Food choices have been a bit of an issue lately as it seems too often, even when I plan, we end up in a convenience situation and eating quick food or food out...
  • danikat15
    Options
    My main goal for this month is aiming to eat 30 different types of plants per week. It's gotten me to get a bit more creative with meal planning and my grocery lists so I actually think it's been a fun challenge so far. It'll get even more exciting going into summer when fresh produce becomes more inexpensive!

Ok, I'm intrigued by this. When you say plants, you mean veggies, fruits, beans, potatoes, and such? I'd love a list of what you're buying!
  • jenhuey01
    jenhuey01 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ReStarting weight: 225 (May 2024)
    Goal weight: 175
    Final Goal Weight:145

Weigh-in Fridays
    5/3 224
    5/10 225.8
    5/17 222.4
    5/24
    5/31

Goals for May:
    -Log every day
    -Close all of my rings 5 days a week
    -Walk or exercise at least 30 min a day
    - May goal weight: 213

Happy with my progress this week. It was a busy week with my kid graduating high school. I stuck to daily workouts and trying to make sure I stayed within a reasonable calorie range with all the coming and going of everything.
  • mmatcha_latte
    Options
    Name: Melissa
    SW: 263.4 lbs (Nov 1 2023)
    CW: 207.2 lbs

I hit a new low today! 🥳 Tuesday was my birthday and I had a lovely picnic with my husband with sandwiches and bubble tea from my fav shops then we had a nice sushi dinner with individual desserts and that was just enough. I didn't track any calories on my birthday so I'm really happy to see a new low weight just a few days later. It makes me feel like I'm really learning some sustainable habits this time around. ❤️

Going to try a new recipe this weekend for lemon dill chickpea soup, sounds refreshing for springtime. Aldi near me is having a special selection of German foods so I'm excited to try some new things from there too. Hope everyone has a great weekend! 🌞
  • mmatcha_latte
    edited May 17
    Options
    danikat15 wrote: »

Ok, I'm intrigued by this. When you say plants, you mean veggies, fruits, beans, potatoes, and such? I'd love a list of what you're buying!

Yeah! I also count grains in the list.

Here's what I usually have in a week although it ends up varying a bit. I keep a lot of frozen veg that are already chopped so I try to just throw a variety of things in my meals.

Onion, carrot, potato, garlic, ginger, sugar snap peas, water chestnuts, red or green bell pepper, okra, mushrooms, tomato, butternut squash, corn, peas, edamame, seaweed, pickled cucumber or daikon radish, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, kale, quinoa, rice, chickpeas, black beans, kidney beans, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, apple, mango, banana, orange
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    edited May 17
    Options
    I even read all of your posts since I posted. I am finally starting to log my food and exercise today. I am still in the research mode to start eating foods that have the most health benefits. I haven't been planning my food yet regularly. I added in another session of aquafit today. I missed going with my husband. I went on a walk with my youngest yesterday and I am trying to add minutes or length to each walk. What I really want to up is NEAT (Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis). I get tired just cooking. However I plan to get a walk in tomorrow and Sunday is our regular Aquafit day. I did get down a pound but didn't get on here to post it so I will when I lose again.

Week 1 of working part-time was just like having a long weekend.
    Week 2 I did some research and planned/made some healthy meals and added a few walks in.
    Week 3 I am upping my exercise, started logging, but haven't planned meals or cooked much but luckily it doesn't all depend on me. However I was finally able to set a Drs appointment I needed to make. I have another I need to make as well.

I live with my husband and my youngest who is grown. They had a great job but lost it with this downturn in the Tech sector. So they are looking for work. My husband just got a promotion and is working very hard. I am still planning what I want life to be like working less.

@CupcakeCrusoe I think flatline is more of a win than we give ourselves credit for. You have made progress losing and you are now keeping it off.
    @Tsalite I realize now that I wasn’t really ready to retire fully because I needed to get my projects to where they were done or someone could take them over. I had the largest workload and some of the most complicated projects. I was getting stressed at the idea of leaving on my original retire date. I like my schedule and it is mostly remote. No new work is being given to me so I am just chipping away at finishing up projects I can and getting the rest to a good place to be handed over. So I think you have a good plan. I am definitely going retire fully though since they will want to replace me with someone fulltime and I can’t really do what I need to do in life now working part-time.
    @mmatcha_latte congrats on the 40 lbs lost this month! I have been researching what foods are healthy for us and have health benefits. So I plan to start planning meals with these foods. I liked your list of foods.
    @sharon81 This is what I am working on, - having enough time to plan and cook and avoiding eating out or take out. Not only is that when I lose but it is when I am eating foods that are good for us and avoiding the ones that aren’t.
  • girlinkaz744
    girlinkaz744 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    34 years old
    5’6”
    Starting weight: 222 (Feb, 21)
    Lowest weight: 154 (Sep, 21)
    Re-starting weight: 195 (Feb, 23)
    Goal weight: 165-168

May 3: 168.1
    May 6: 169.9
    May 11: 168
    May 18: 167.1
    May 27:

Officially in maintenance land and it feels so good! Since I need to severely limit carbs and sugar due to my PCOS and our fertility journey, not that much is changing now that I’m where I want to be.. except I’m going to be a little looser on weighing/logging and allow myself a few more calories. It was crazy to log into MFP this week and see 2100 calories as my allotment! I didn’t know it would automatically correct to maintenance.. so cool!

I’ve continued to get in some good workouts this week - feeling good and looking good definitely feed into a higher motivation to work out for me. Which makes sense, because when I feel gross, I’m much LESS likely to workout. Feels good to finally be on the other side of the spectrum!

I started a bunch more supplements this week for fertility and they don’t make me feel great. But, I’ve learned if I take them right before bed then I don’t notice it as much. I also noticed that my caffeine tolerance has gone way down.. I used to drink coffee by the gallon, but I’ve been cutting back and now about half a cup in the mornings is enough for me! I think the 20lbs I lost this spring must have something to do with it.. not complaining!

I believe in you all, wonderful ladies! Keep on striving! We got this!!
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Well, I came back from my NY trip on Wen. and finally worked up the courage to put myself on the scale this morning. I'm weighing in at 192.5 (after breakfast, which i normally don't do). Checked the calendar.
    I may or may not have put on a half-pound, but I don't think that kind of fluctuation matters. It could be water, could be anything. My face and arms look thinner. That with all the rich foods I ate (ice cream, pizza, apple strudel, creme brulee). Tried to balance out eating out in the evenings with eating a little less during the day. So I maintained, no weight loss but I wasn't expecting that. I think I did OK.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

This weigh in is ridiculous, but maybe not considering I've been eating higher than the deficit I'd like. Still ridiculous given my average, lol.

Saturday weigh in days
    Christina
    35 years old
    5'4"

SW: 220ish
    Re-SW (Feb 2022): 200.4
    UGW: 150
    2024 goal weight: 165
    SW 2024: 182.7

🌻 May Goals!🌻
    🌻 May GW: 178

🟡May SW: 181.4
    5/4: 183.2
    5/18: 184.7

🟡Practice for performance at least 3 days a week✅
    🟡Stick to weight loss calories 7! days! a week! ❌
    🟡Log everything in grams ✅

My average is 183.5. Lol. Lmao.

I will check in later, just wanted to get this weigh in here before I forget again. Two birthday parties today, and I practiced for performance coming up Friday. So busy!!
  • krabuck
    krabuck Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Katie
    42, 5’10
    Evolving snack queen

HW: 269
    SW: 266.8
    CW: 256.8
    GW: 170s

Switching to Sunday weigh-ins

5/05: 255.8
    5/12: 253.0
    5/19: 249.8
    5/26:

@jenbroussard71 saying no to chips and salsa is so impressive to me!!! Idk if I could!! Major NSV!
  • danikat15
    Options
    SW: 242
    5/1: 234
    5/5: 231.7
    5/11: 229.2
    5/19: 227.6

Current weight loss:14.4 lbs
    GW: I don't have one. Just want to be healthier and feel better.

Was feeling a bit discouraged yesterday but was pleasantly surprised this morning.