LESS Alcohol ~ MAY 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Back for May!
    Goals for May
    Mostly Dry (no more than 4 days (ie: 1 day per weekend)
    Exceptions & Stats
    5/5 ~ Cinco De Mayo ~ My husband already has margarita's planned.
    5/26 ~ Birthday party at a baseball game.

Month Stats
    Current Streak - AF = 2
    Longest Streak 2024 - AF = 16
    5/6 = AF
    A = 2
    AF = 4

@NonnieDoiron, I'm sorry you were at the hospital with your MIL and had the stress of supporting your DH and BIL, but you craved and resisted the temptation! Great Job!! I hope your MIL is better.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    2 - AF
    3 - A
    2 - LA
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Week 1 is done! Blew my AF streak by over-doing it at a Cinco de Mayo party but AF otherwise. Now back to AF and contemplating Mother's day AF drinks.

My typical plan for losing weight before a trip is doing more weights, walking on the treadmill before dinner. I just stocked up on soups and am making my lunch a lower-sodium soup (calorie-controlled), typically something with beans and veg in it. Split Pea is great. This tricks my brain into feeling full. And staying "AF" as much as possible of course. Mug of hot herbal tea at night helps to flush out any bloat.

With vacations coming up (EEK!), welcome advice on how to get into the right frame of mind to manage not drinking or drinking way less.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Have another early meeting tomorrow morning so logging my no A night for today. Having to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for interacting with people in the mornings helps me with that decision.

May goals: 18 AF days
    Current:
    AF - 3
    A - 4
    LA - 1 = 1 glass
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    3 - AF
    3 - A
    2 - LA