Options
    Morning my May LA friends. :)

AF - 3
    A - 5
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Last night was pretty terrifying. There were tornadoes all over the country and one went right by my house in TN. Gotta love getting that emergency alert on your phone. So much damage within a mile of my house. Going to try and go help others if I can get out of the neighborhood.
    I can't imagine how frightening it must be to be that close to a tornado. I'm in SC and we're supposed to get high winds this afternoon/tonight - I'm hoping no huge branches (or whole trees) come down on our house. I hope your neighborhood has a quick recovery.

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Good morning my LA Lovelies! Just caught up in posts, and a big giant hug to all those who needed it this past week!

The trip was great, we’d love the new area, but no word on if he got the job yet. So we shall see.

Meanwhile I had at least two drinks per day, but one day it was 4! Ugh I felt terrible the next day. So I’m back down to 1-1.5. That extra half a glass is what I need to start backing down, because it easily becomes two. So that’s my goal for the rest of this week.

My husband could not believe that the Decoy Sauvignon Blanc was as expensive as it was considering it had half the alcohol, but a few extra bucks is worth it for me to have less alcohol at home.

It is nice to be back home and into my normal routine, including exercise. Still need to get more consistent tracking my food. A work in progress!
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Last night was pretty terrifying. There were tornadoes all over the country and one went right by my house in TN. Gotta love getting that emergency alert on your phone. So much damage within a mile of my house. Going to try and go help others if I can get out of the neighborhood.
    I can't imagine how frightening it must be to be that close to a tornado. I'm in SC and we're supposed to get high winds this afternoon/tonight - I'm hoping no huge branches (or whole trees) come down on our house. I hope your neighborhood has a quick recovery.

@SparkSpringtime69 I’m in SC too. Early this morning I was awaken by the tornado warning sounding on my phone! Scared the crap out of me! I live in Elgin 5 miles from the epicenter of all the earthquakes have been. Earthquakes AND tornadoes? It may be time for a natural disaster party… alcohol free or not. 😉🤣🤣
  • SparkSpringtime69
    edited May 9
    Options
    @SparkSpringtime69 I’m in SC too. Early this morning I was awaken by the tornado warning sounding on my phone! Scared the crap out of m :# e! I live in Elgin 5 miles from the epicenter of all the earthquakes have been. Earthquakes AND tornadoes? It may be time for a natural disaster party… alcohol free or not. 😉🤣🤣
    We're in Conway, about 1/2 hr west of Myrtle Beach. We get to worry about hurricanes and tropical storms every year (and an occasional tornado warning too) :):o
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    @NonnieDoiron ...interesting rewards system... cool !! Sending healing vibes to your MIL.

Eldest Daughter has put on a few unwanted pounds this year and has a new mantra. easily offended, please stop reading now

"I'm fat but identify as skinny, so I'm "trans-slender" ".
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @NonnieDoiron ...interesting rewards system... cool !! Sending healing vibes to your MIL.

Eldest Daughter has put on a few unwanted pounds this year and has a new mantra. easily offended, please stop reading now

🤣🤣 I identify as trans-slender too! 🤣🤣 Love it!!

Thanks for the healing vibes for MIL. She’s doing a little better but not following medical advice because… I don’t know… honestly she’s just a pain in the butt and rarely follows medical advice which is why she’s in this condition now! 🙄 I am leaving it up to hubby now that he doesn’t think she’s dying.
  • I_am_motivated
    I_am_motivated Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @SparkSpringtime69 Thank you! I tho’t I was gonna be away from any natural disasters when movie to TN. I guess I was wrong. This time of year is typical of random tornadoes. I can’t imagine what it’s like living on the coast and having to worry about hurricanes. I hope the winds haven’t caused any problems for you.
  • I_am_motivated
    I_am_motivated Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Oops, forgot Friday’s weigh in.

Friday weight check in: Start weight 147
    May 3 weight - 145.2
    May 10 weight - 144

I have 2 scales and they are reading different so I took the higher number.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    May:
    AF: 4
    A: 5
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday LA friends,

AF last night and feels good. We will be in Monterey / Pacific Grove for the weekend so will post again on Monday. I’m anticipating another AF night or two might have some organic Rose on Mothers Day!

Have a great weekend taking the best care of yourselves, whatever that means to you.

May goals: 18 AF days
    Current:
    AF - 3
    A - 5
    LA - 1 = 1 glass
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,147 Member
    Options
    Back for May!
    Goals for May
    Mostly Dry (no more than 4 days (ie: 1 day per weekend)
    Exceptions & Stats
    5/5 ~ Cinco De Mayo ~ My husband already has margarita's planned.
    5/26 ~ Birthday party at a baseball game.

Month Stats
    Current Streak - AF = 4
    Longest Streak 2024 - AF = 16
    5/6 - 5/9 = AF
    A = 2
    AF = 7

I made it through yesterday without issue with alcohol but I pretty much ate everything in site. It's like my mouth just needed to do something, and I obliged.

My husband wants to take me to dinner tomorrow for Mother's Day. I didn't include this in my exceptions for this month, but it does fall into my ultimate goal of one day per weekend. As much as I'd like to dream, there's no way I'm going to dinner and not having wine. On the positive side, there's still none at home so at least I won't come home after dinner and continue the party🙂

@Stepawayfromthetable ~ So sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend. I understand the conflict, but no, I have not experienced it.
    @I_am_motivated ~ glad you're safe from the tornadoes, and Congrats on 100 days AF! That is Awesome!!!

• Womona
    Options
    AF = 8
    A = 1

Trying to stay close to my calorie goal. I think I’m over by 89 calories tonight. Drinking won’t help.

I made a deal with husband for a reward system for my weight loss.

1) for any week with weight loss, I get $10 for scrapbooking supplies
    2) for any two items of clothing I remove from my wardrobe, I get $10 to buy new clothes. (I have A LOT of clothes lol)
    3) for losing 6+ lbs (usually takes 3-4 weeks to do healthily), I get my mani/pedi which I had to quit getting when I quit work. Now, that I’ll be working again, I’ll be able to get them again.

I was thinking about including my AF nights in the rewards, but he doesn’t know I’m intentionally working to drink less. I don’t know exactly what he thinks when I’m not drinking all the time, but he hasn’t really asked me about it. Maybe he’s just happy I’m not drinking as much and is afraid he’ll jinx it if he says something. 🤣🤣

These are great rewards!

• Womona
    Options

Ok that’s hilarious!!!
  • Womona
    Options
    What a great rainy day for napping! We had some drama with our dog yesterday, but it’s all good. Respiratory distress and shaking, but getting him oxygen and Albuterol at the vet helped significantly. They thought it was either cancer or pneumonia, but luckily it’s pneumonia. He’s being treated for it and is breathing comfortably. Whew!

Wine night last night was actually High Noons, which I didn’t finish. Tonight is my Decoy Sauvignon Blanc at home with a good book. Two drinks for the alcohol of one, I can get behind that!!!